A date with Jeon Jungkook

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer}

Chapter 16:

A date with Jeon Jungkook

It was already Saturday morning and Jungsuh was in a frenzy. Last night, Jungsuh was so caught up on what Jungkook had told her, figuring out it was a date and all, and could barely sleep a wink. In the end, she had not slept until late that night and was now very late to meet Jungkook. Frantically, she dressed up in some casual attire; a plain white tank, a black and white baseball sweater, black skinny jeans with a cute pocket chain attached, and a pair of converses. Her hair was up in a half-ponytail and her make-up was done naturally. Quickly, she grabbed her bag and dashed out of the house, not before checking the security however.

Once she stepped out the doors, Jungsuh quickly locked the door and gates, then dashing off toward BTS’s dorm. “I am 15 minutes late! OH MY GOSH!” Jungsuh gasped as she checked her watch. She hastened her pace and mentally scolded herself as she got closer to the dorm. Once she reached it, she spotted Jungkook patiently waiting outside the gates.

He had on a plain white tee, plaid flannel, skinny jeans and his usual Timbalands. Jungsuh quickly walked over to him and immediately bowed. “I am so sorry Jungkook! I am so late!” Jungkook stared at her for a few seconds, causing Jungsuh to tremble inside in fear, however, he just placed on a smile and shook his head. “No worries. I was a little late myself. I sorta just got here too.” Jungsuh raised her head and looked straight at him. He awkwardly smiled back and chuckled. Jungsuh sighed in relief and nodded. “Okay.” Though, she felt that he was lying, just to make her feel better. But, whatever.

“So, um…” Jungkook began as he rubbed the back of his head shyly. Jungsuh looked at him curiously. “Yes?” The Maknae smiled sweetly and pointed toward Jungsuh’s attire. “You actually listened to me?” He spoke up. Jungsuh looked at herself and then looked at him with a questionable look. Then it hit her.

“Make sure to dress nicely!”

“Oh yeah! Haha! I guess you could say that.” She replied, however she didn’t mention that she actually just threw something together. But, if he thought she looked decent, all was good.

“You ready?” he asked as he began to stretch and face the direction out of the neighborhood. Jungsuh nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. “Yeah.” And with that, the two walked off to who-knows where.

 

 

Turns out, Jungkook’s manager had also tagged along out of safety measures. He also had the job to drive both Jungsuh and Jungkook to wherever Jungkook had planned. And for what it seemed, Jungkook had planned for the both of you to hang out at Wolmido Island. It was a large island that had large beaches and one of the most popular beach-side amusement parks.

Jungsuh had always heard about Wolmido, but she never got the chance to come and visit. She was either busy or too tired to go, or Jun was busy and unable to take her. She actually wanted to visit and now she had the chance, but in the form of a friendly date with BTS’s Jeon Jungkook. Better than nothing, she guessed.

They arrived at the beach entrance and Jungkook’s manager parked in. The two of them removed themselves from the car and Jungkook looked back at his manager, who was still in the car. “Hyung?” He asked. The man rolled down the window and looked at the young man with a tired expression. “I am going to stay in the car for a bit. You two go on ahead and play. I’ll meet up with you two later.” He explained. Jungkook nodded. “Also, take this.” His manager handed him a large hooded sweater. a cap, and mask. He looked at his manager curiously. “You’re an idol, remember that dummy.” Jungkook nodded and quickly grabbed the stuff. He put on the sweater, fitted the cap on his head, and shoved the mask in to his pocket. When he was ready, he turned back to Jungsuh, who was happily admiring the beautiful scenery.

“Jungsuh?” He called out. The young lady turned to face the idol boy. “Hm?” she replied back. Jungkook smiled at her innocence and stretched a bit. “Let’s go, Hyung wants to stay back for a bit.” Jungsuh nods and the two walked off into the direction of the amusement park.

 

 

“Have you ever been here?” Jungkook asked as the two of them strolled through the park. Jungsuh shook her head and looked toward him with a small smile. “No. I am way too busy to have time to come here.” She told. Jungkook nodded and began to examine the park map that they were given when they arrived at the entrance. “Have you?” Jungsuh asked. Jungkook nodded and smiled. “I came here once with Taehyung-Hyung and Jimin-Hyung.” Jungsuh nodded and glanced at the map he had. “Ahhh… So, you know this place better than I.” She commented. Jungkook chuckled and stopped in his track. Jungsuh stopped and looked at him curiously.

“I guess I have the honor of taking you around and giving you the time of your life, huh?” He proclaimed with a cheeky and cute smile. Jungsuh stared at him astonished by his sudden pride and let out a laugh. “I guess so.” Jungsuh chuckled. The idol boy smiles brightly and then looks over to a large ride ahead. “Wanna try that?” He points over to a ride that had a large ship on it. It was labeled “The Viking.” Jungsuh gulped in and smiled weakly. “Are you sure?” She questioned. Jungkook grins and nods. “It’s not that bad. Trust me.” He reaches his hand out and motions her to take it. She hesitates but eventually agrees. “Sure.” She reluctantly takes his hand and he smiles brightly. “Let’s go!”

The youngster happily dragged Jungsuh toward the large ride and the two hopped in line. Jungsuh stared in awe as she watched the large ship swing forward then back, forward again and then back, and then forward again but even more higher and then back up again. She could hear the loud screams of the riders and some pleads to stop. She watched as some of the riders raised their arms up in courageous excitement, others holding on for dear life, and the rest just enjoying it like normal people. She was awed and flabbergasted at how the ride worked. Jungsuh remembered seeing videos and reviews of the ride. She was interested, but actually riding seemed sort of nerve-wrecking.

Yet, here she was. Standing in line, waiting, watching, and gawking. And of course, the young man next to her seemed unfazed about it all. Maybe because he had already ridden the ride before and experienced the rush of it. Jungsuh looked over to Jungkook, who was casually scrolling through his phone, and sighed. “So…?” Jungsuh started. She wanted to shake her nerves off, why not chat a bit?

Jungkook looked up at her and smiled. However, he had on is hat and hood, so his face was halfway covered. Jungsuh then thought. She didn’t even notice he changed attire. He had his flannel and all that earlier, but now he had on a large hoodie and a black cap. She presumed he had put in on when they were dropped off and she wasn’t paying any attention. She also remembered he was an idol. To be caught here with her would be devastating.

“Are there any other rides here that you like?” Jungsuh asked. Jungkook thought for a few seconds and then nodded. He pointed over to a large rollercoaster and then at a bumper kart section. Jungsuh smiled wearily. “Of course, you are a boy after all.” She chuckled and crossed her arms. “I am surprised you wanted to come here. It is very public.” Jungkook shrugged and held his head down low. Jungsuh eyed him and then looked around. It seemed like some girls were looking this way. The young lady casually looked away and began to mind her business. “So, this is idol life.”

 

 

Eventually, the two of them were able to board the ride, and man, was it a ride. Jungkook and Jungsuh sat next to each other and once the ride started, Jungsuh could feel her insides flip. Jungkook too, was feeling the surge of excitement as the large ship swung back and forth, higher than the last. Jungsuh unconsciously squealed in slight fear and excitement and clung tightly onto the safety rail. Jungkook hollered in delight and all that you could hear were the screams and hollers of the riders enjoying their time.

Once the ride was done, Jungsuh and Jungkook quickly hopped off, still a bit unbalanced and headed toward a nearby bench. Jungsuh gasped for air and sat roughly onto the bench as she sighed and groaned. “I felt like I was going to fly off that darn thing.” Jungsuh complained as she looked on over to Jungkook who sat beside her and laughed. “I thought you were. Your entire body lifted from the seat.” Jungsuh shifted up and stared at him wide-eyed. “I know right?! I lost a liver because I was so scared!” Jungkook laughed wholeheartedly and held onto his stomach. “That was so funny!” Jungsuh scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She chuckled and then looked around the park. “So, where to next?”

Jungkook hummed and then immediately pointed toward the large roller coaster. Jungsuh stared at the thing, mouth gaped, and in disbelief. She looked over to the boy and gave him a concerning look. “Dude.” Kookie merely chuckled and sat up. “C’mon! You survived The Viking! You can do it again with the coaster!” He encouraged with his usual bunny-smile. Jungsuh sighed and slowly sat up. “Let us go then.” She smiled and the two quickly head on toward the ride.

The two quickly arrive at the ride and wait in line patiently. It took a while in line, so they just idly chatted until they made it. When they rode the ride, Jungsuh was in for a huge surprise. The coaster literally flew and dashed at top speeds and went in circles. It was a hell of a ride. The entire time, Jungsuh was screaming her lungs out and hollering gibberish. Jungkook on the other hand, was having a blast and laughed very hard at Jungsuh’s fear. There was a point where the ride rose up and then immediately fell down a hill. Jungsuh screamed at the top of her chords and clung onto Jungkook with her life. Everyone in the park could basically hear Jungsuh scream out in absolute fear. “YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

As they got off, Jungsuh refused to let go of Jungkook and stumbled her way off the ride. “You okay?” Jungkook asked as he held onto her tightly as they walked off the platform. Jungsuh groaned and leaned onto the Maknae gently. “Remind me to never ride that one ever again.” Jungkook laughed and continued to lead her toward the resting sections. He gently held onto her and slowly treaded toward an empty bench. He was a strong lad, so holding onto her was a cinch, but his heart and mind was freaking out.

He literally has a young girl clinging onto him tightly and she was a pretty one at that. It is pretty obvious, Jungkook had a sort of “fear” of girls. Actually, more he was very shy around them, and the fact that he was so intimate with Kang Jungsuh, was a shocking outcome. He was blushing heavily and tried to hide his face even more under his hood and hat.

Quickly but gently, he led Jungsuh over to a nearby bench. “I never would have thought you would be the kind to be sensitive with rides like these?” He commented as he sat beside her. Jungsuh sighed and laid her back against the bench. “I thought so too. I guess it is just cuz I haven’t ridden roller coasters in a while.” She closed her eyes and gulped in some air to calm her nerves. Jungkook decided to leave her be to relax, so he kept quiet. It was an awkward silence though. Jungsuh merely rested for a while and tried to gather her thoughts, Jungkook was getting jittery and wanted to do something. But, he was a generous and kind guy. No way in hell would he just up and ditch her, especially when he was the one who asked her to come in the first place.

He turned to look at her and saw that she still had her eyes closed and she was slowly breathing in and out. He watched as her body moved back and forth slowly and her expression seemed almost lifeless. Like she was asleep, which she wasn’t. Now that Jungkook had a closer and more still look at her, Jungsuh was actually really pretty. She didn’t have a lot of makeup on and her face was really soft and gentle. The way her long hair curtained the side of her face made her look princess-like and the angle she had her head allowed the sun light to gently shine her skin. The elegant look was making Jungkook’s heart race.

Suddenly, Jungsuh opened her eyes and blinked them quickly to adjust to the light. Jungkook immediately looked away and blushed. Jungsuh looked over to him questioningly. “You ready?” She asked. He awkwardly looked over to her and nodded. “Y-Yeah.” He replied. Jungsuh smiled and stood up from the bench. “Where to now? No more roller coasters though. I am pooped out from the last one.” She advised. Jungkook chuckled and nodded. “Sure thing. Let’s go see what else there is.”

And with that, the two skipped off deeper into the park.

 

 

The two youngsters rode almost five to ten rides before it was already mid-afternoon. Jungsuh was already superbly tired and was ready to knock out dead. Jungkook was still hyper and was raring to ride another.

“Ready for another round?” Jungkook excitedly hopped as the two exited the bumper car station. Jungsuh sighed and gave a tired laugh. “You sure do have a lot of stamina.” The Maknae chuckled and gave a proud smirk. “They don’t call me the Golden Maknae for nothing, Jungsuh.” The young lady scoffed and gave a light chuckle. “How cocky of you.” She smiled and looked at her phone for the time. “It’s already 3:25…” She told as she put her phone away. “We sure played around for a while.”

Jungkook shrugged and stretched. “What to ride now?” He pulls out the map from his pocket and examines it. “Hmm…” He hums. Suddenly, Jungkook’s phone rings. He immediately picks it up. “Hello?”

“Jungkook-ah?” It was his manager. “Yes?” He replied.

“Where are you two?”

“At the bumper car place. Why?”

“Oh okay. Well, I am in the park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter