Fate? Or just a lot of luck?

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 5:

Fate? Or just a lot of luck?

Yeah, ooh-ooh! 

Niga meoreojinda (da-da) meolli jeomi doenda (da-da)
Bareul ddeji mothae maeuman dwijjocha ddara ganda
naneun ajiginde (de-de-eh-eh-eh-eh)
Byeonmyeongdo mothaeneunde (de-de-eh-eh-eh-eh)
han bal mulleoseoseo Goodbye (Goodbye)
Aju jamsiman nan Goodbye (Goodbye)

Nothing's over (Nothing's over)
Nothing's over (Nothing's over)
Nothing's over jumuneul oewo naege
Ddan nom mannamyeon andwae (oh!)
Beolsseo geureomyeon andwae (ooooh!)
ajigeun ggeunan ge aniya (ani aniya neol bonaen jeok eopseo)
(Baby yeah, baby yeah)

(For those who know this song and who the artists are, props to you and I love you. *throws hearts*)

Jungsuh's alarm goes off. With a low groan, the young woman turns in her bed and slowly lifts her arms out of the covers.

Gradually, she motions her hand over to the phone that lay noisily on the counter next to her bed and reaches to turn it off.

Tap!

The music turns off and the girl sighs under the warm blankets.

Slowly, she rises from the dead and sits up all groggy and limp.

With another sigh, she breaths in and out and stares out the window to her left.

The curtains were closed, but she could see the rays of the morning sunlight beam through the cracks.

She then looks over at the clock and sighs once again.

7:34 a.m.

"Life..." she complains as she tiredly removes the blankets and trudges over to the bathroom to get ready.

It took about 20 minutes or so for her to get ready.

A quick ten minute shower, find an outfit then dress, brush teeth, and then do a little combing and straightening with a dab of light makeup.

Jungsuh wasn't one much for makeup so she kept to a minimum or sometimes just left with nothing. 

Once done with her preparations, the young woman unplugs her phone and shoves it, along with other necessities, into her bag.

Now, a bit rejuvenated, she leaves her room and heads on down to the kitchen in which awaited Jun, cooking breakfast.

"Morning..." Jun greets as he begins to cook the eggs.

"Mhm." Jungsuh mumbles as she sits down at the kitchen island and grabs a hash brown from one of the platters already done and cooled.

"You know you should wait till I finish all the food, right?" Jun comments as he heads to the fridge to pour a cup of juice for the younger girl.

Jungsuh shrugs as she nibbles at her snack.

"You're still feeding me no matter what, so no problem."

Jun scoffs as he hands her the drink and returns to the eggs.

"True enough."

Jungsuh grins as she takes a sip from her drink and continues on her snacking.

Behind her, the TV in the living room was on and what the news reporter was saying had caught her attention.

"Good morning! Today we will be proud to announce that Bangtanseoyeondan will be having a live one-on-one interview with us later this afternoon!" She speaks with enthusiasm.

Jungsuh turns around and stares at the television.

Jun too, looks up and glances at the screen.

"BTS, one of Korea's most successful and inspirational K-pop group of this era. Starting from being a small self-advertising group to being the most advertised group now, this group of flower boys are ruling the music industry! We will be asking them on how they feel about this and how it all worked for them! Stay tuned!"

Right after that announcement, they began playing one of BTS's classics, Dope.

Jungsuh turns back around and nibbles at her hash brown.

"Them boys sure are popular now. Everywhere I go, it's always BTS, BTS, BTS." Jun comments.

He then chuckles wholeheartedly. "I remember back in the days when the talk was always about Big Bang." He reminisces.

Jungsuh laughs and looks up at him.

"Don't you mean Seo Tajin and Boys?"

(A/N: ST&B is a old K-pop group that formed in the 1990's. No offense to Seo Tajin and Boys fans)

Jun growls at her in annoyance.

"Quite calling me old, missy"

She laughs and nods. "Mhm."

"Whatever, hurry up and eat. Hyunsoo said he was coming over in a bit to pick you up." Jun advises as he places the last platter of breakfast on the counter.

"Hyunsoo is picking me up?" She questions.

Jun nods. "Since you said you had errands to run today, I thought it would be nice to have Hyunsoo tag along. He's not busy today."

Jungsuh nods and continues to eat.

Nothing wrong with that. Free ride and someone to help out.

"Also," Jun began.

Jungsuh looks up from her food and looks at him curiously.

"Mind buying me some rags for the bar. We are on our last batch and I keep forgetting to buy more." Jun asks. 

Jungsuh nods and continues eating. "Sure."

Breakfast took about 20 minutes and by that time, Hyunsoo had arrived. With a short chat and then goodbyes, Hyunsoo and Jungsuh left. 

It was a mostly silent ride until Hyunsoo played the radio and tried for a small chat.

"So, stop at convenience store first?" He asks.

Jungsuh nods. "Yep. I need to buy the rags for Jun first or else I'll forget later."

Hyunsoo nods and smiles.

"So today you're errand girl, huh?" He jokes.

Jungsuh scoffs and looks over at him slightly irritated.

"No, just being nice and doing favors."

"Errand girl."

Jungsuh sighs and gives up on fighting back.

Hyunsoo has always been like this. Constantly teasing her and making fun of her. He treated her like a child. She doesn't hate him though, that's for sure. She cared for him and thought of him as an older brother. She was sure he also saw her as nothing more than a friend and younger sister.

In the past, when she had first started spending time with Hyunsoo, they were often mistaken for a couple. It was kinda irksome for Jungsuh. She held no feelings for him and he didn't either.

The two were close friends who trusted each other and have spent time together countless of times. This time was no different.

The thought of her dating Hyunsoo was... kinda gross.

He wasn't a bad person nor a solid good person.

He was good-looking she had to admit. His feathery brown locks and fit built that complimented his bad-boy like face. He could be described as the handsome best friend of the main character in a Korean Drama. Yeah... that's it.

Hyunsoo also had a very stern and straightforward personality but was, at times, a huge sweetheart whose smile was the best gift given. That, never ceased to surprise Jungsuh.

She also admired Hyunsoo to a certain level. He was smart, level-headed, mature, and hardworking. The qualities that Jungsuh felt was fit for a guy like him.

The two friends continued chitchatting during the ride and listened to the music randomly playing from the radio.

Meanwhile, in another part of Seoul, there stood seven handsome boys by the name of BTS.

They were tired, bored, and slightly mopey.

"Hyung..." Taehyung groans as he leans over on Suga, tiredly.

"What?" The Hyung answers back with a just as tired tone.

V pouts and cuddles onto Suga.

"I'm so tired...." he complains.

"I wanna go home."

Suddenly their Manager walks up from behind and pats Taehyung on the back.

"Had you guys not gone to the performance last night or had slept quietly in the ride back home, this situation wouldn't be present."

Taehyung groans and nuzzles Yoongi grumpily once more.

Jungkook yawns and stood by Taehyung droopy.

"It was worth it." He states with a grin.

The other boys take huge yawns as well. Soon their Manager motions them into a large building. It was a popular TV station. Today, they had an interview with the TV stations entertainment section and have arrived promptly for preparations.

Inside, the boys silently sat and waited in the dressing room as their makeup artists did them up.

Jimin had fallen asleep in his chair and so did Taehyung. They looked so cute. Them, with their head slightly drooped and face in a gentle expression of peaceful sleep.

Taehyung had a large pillow with him, so he laid silently on it as the hairdresser did his hair.

The eldest Hyungs were all also very fatigued. Jin was constantly yawning and drooped his head a few times.

Rap Monster was trying hard to keep awake by talking to J-Hope on random matters. And Suga was silently on his phone most likely thinking up lyrics for new songs.

Jungkook on the other hand, had seemed to have rejuvenated a bit and was watching videos on his phone to kill time.

Of course, they were videos of the Masked Marionette performing.

A smile grew on his face as he watched her sing her heart out.

He was so mesmerized by the girl's performance and seemed almost in love with her (not really).

Once the video was done, he sighs and unplugs his earphones.

"How I wish to see her again." He whispers.

One of the makeup Noona's notice his expression and looks over at him curiously.

"Is there something wrong, Jungkook-ssi?" She asks.

Jungkook looks up and over to her quickly and shakes his head awkwardly.

"Ah... no. No there's nothing wrong. Just thinking to myself." 

She nods and smiles.

"Okay. I just saw you sighing and was wondering."

Jungkook nods and reassures her he was fine.

"I was just looking at videos of this popular performer." He tells with a smile.

"Ah~ That Masked Performer girl?" She pinpoints.

Jungkook stares at her shocked.

"Uh... yeah? How did you...?"

"My sister's kid loves her and was able to meet her once. She told me with sparkling eyes on how that girl was such a nice and sweet person."

Jungkook listens with wide eyes.

"She's grown quite popular with the youngsters." She finishes with a grin.

The idol boy smiles.

"Really?"

The Noona nods and returns to her work.

The young man looks down at his phone and grins.

"She is so popular. Now I really want to meet her."

Just as he was deep in thought, Taehyung had walked over to him and scared him out of his trance.

"WHWA!"

Jungkook jumps at his friend's voice and immediately turns over to hit him.

"What the heck?!"

Taehyung laughs and hugs his younger friend.
Seems like he got his energy back.

"Sorry, what's up?" V grins as he looks over at Jungkook's phone.

"Nothin'." He answers. But Taehyung doesn't take it and steals his phone.

"Ohhh~" he smiles slyly as he views the content on Kookie's device.

"Yah!" Jungkook calls out as he reaches for it.

Taehyung returns it and rubs Jungkook on the arm.

"Our Kookie is so obsessed with this Masked Marionette now, isn't he?" Tae teases.

The boy blushes from the statement his friend made and pushes Taehyung away.

"N-No."

"Poor IU was forgotten for a more mysterious lady." He continues to tease.

Jungkook hits him and chuckles a bit.

"Shut up."

Suddenly Jin walks over with a more alive expression compared to a while ago and smiles.

"What's wrong with moving on?" He grins.

Jungkook sighs. "It's not like that."

The Hyung laughs and pats his dongsaeng on the back.

"I know. I'm joking." 

He then sits in the seat next to Jungkook and looks at the mirror before him with a cheeky grin.

"Sleepy yet still looking good."

Jungkook and Taehyung scoff at his statement.

Jin ignores and just continues to adore himself.

"Why are you over here anyway, Hyung? I thought you were sitting over there?" Jungkook points over to where he was last sitting.

"Namjoon and Hoseok are chatting a storm and was getting noisy, so I moved over here." Jin sighs.

Jungkook nods in agreement and looks over to the mirror himself.
He fixes his hair slightly and smiles.

"I hope the interview goes by fast so we can finish our other schedules fast." Jungkook speaks with hope in his voice.

Taehyung looks at him and tilts his head questioningly.

"Why?"

Kookie grins.

"I was hoping to get time to go out and exercise." He explains.

Taehyung eyes him doubtfully. "You just wanna go see her again, don't you?"

Jin looks over at them curiously.

"Her?"

Jungkook looks away shyly and shakes his head in opposition. But his blush said otherwise.

"N-no!"

"Whose her?" Jin asks still confused.

Taehyung looks at his Hyung a little disappointed.

"The Marionette lady."

Jin nods finally understanding and looks over to the Maknae.

"Jungkook, you know that's not possible right now, right?" He looks at him sternly.

Jungkook pouts and stares down at his phone.

"Yeah... but..."

"But no. Once is enough. We can't risk a scandal for the fact that you are visiting a bar for no apparent reason but to check out a girl singing with a mask on." Jin scolds.

"That's why we have Masked Singer." He jokes.

Jungkook scoffs and groans.

"Fine..."

Time passes as they continue to prep up. They were also scheduled to perform so they had practice sessions and started rehearsals. Once it began, time seemed to have passed by even faster.

Already, it was noon, the boys were all sitting nice and comfy on this wide couch, waiting for the live to start. Before them were sets of cameras and other equipment ready for the big live and next to them was a comfy chair for the interviewer to sit on. 

The interviewer was a very pretty and young lady- seemingly in her late twenties or early thirties. She wore a bright red dress that was tightly wrapped around her body, showing her figure perfectly, a darker shade of red pump heels, some pearl jewelry, and a white lily hair pin in her gently curled brown hair. Her lips were the shade of a warm red and her makeup, though seemingly excessive, painted her face nicely.

All in all, she was a very attractive lady.

So much, she had seemed to have smitten the boys.

"y..." Taehyung mutters.

Jimin jabs his elbow into Tae's waist and shushes him.

"Yah?"

Tae groans in pain and pouts.

"Ow...."

The lady looks over to them and beams a wide smile towards them as she strolls over.

"Hello boys." She greets with a sweet tone.

Bangtan stands up from their seat and bow in unison to her.

"Hello!" They greet.

She chuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter