The beginning

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 1

 

The beginning

 

"Yah! Jungsuh-ah!" A loud voice echoes. The roar had come from a tall and fit man of his mid-forties. He had shoulder-length, black, wavy, hair and a bit of a beard and mustache. He was well fit and handsome. Suiting a white tee, black jeans and a black apron, the man sighs as he waits for an answer. He stood behind the club's large bar and begins to dry some glasses. 

 

"Kang Jungsuh!" He yells once again. His patience was depleting.

 

"Jung-" He tries again but is interrupted by a sudden voice. 

 

"I'm here! I'm here!" A young girl in her early twenties runs out from double doors that led to the backstage room of the club's entertainment stage. 

 

"Finally." The man mumbles. The girl looks up at him and frowns. "What do you need, Jun?" 

 

The man named Jun sighs and places the glass and rag down. He leans on the bar counter before him and stares down at the young woman.

 

"I need you to do me a favor." He begins. Jungsuh, knowing him for a while, frowns at his words. "If it's something stupid I'm not doing it. If it's something related to a girl I'm not doing that either. And if it's involving me to go buy something inappropriate, I'm absolutely not doing it."

 

The man stares at her shocked. But he soon scoffs at her and waves his hand reassuringly. "No, no, no. I just need you to go to this store and get me my package I ordered." He assures. 

 

Jungsuh stares questionably. "Is it something erted or indecent?" She questions. 

 

Jun sighs and hands her an envelope. "No. It's only an errand for some materials needed for the club." He assures once more. "Do you really have that small amount of trust in my words?" He questions with an irritated tone. 

 

The girl takes the envelope and sighs. "How many times have I had to deal with going to places and dealing with adults staring at me weird for having those indecent items with me?" 

 

Jun gasps. "Yah~ When?!" He holds himself "shocked". 

 

Jungsuh scoffs and grabs the rag on the counter, throwing it at his face. 

 

"Where?" She asks as she grabs a denim jacket off one of the bar chairs. 

 

"To town. There is a shop named Han's Best there. The address is on the envelope. Just ask for the manager and tell her it's me sending you there and hand her the envelope. She'll get what I need." He says with a smile as he continues to clean the glassware. 

 

Jungsuh sighs once more and nods. "Okay. Be right back then." Jungsuh turns to the back of the club and heads for the back exit. But before she could reach it, Jun calls for her and throws a small wallet to her. Luckily, she turns in time to catch it and stares dumbfounded. 

 

"What's this for?" She asks.

 

"Taxi money." Jun answers. Jungsuh looks up questionably but eventually nods and thanks him. Quickly she turns and heads out. 

 

Outside the bar, Jungsuh puts on her denim jacket and places the wallet and envelope in the inner pockets of her jacket. It was a bit chilly out and the sun was barely shinning through the grey clouds above. "Ah~ gloomy weather today.." she whines. Quickly she walks out to the front and waits for a taxi. Suddenly a gust of wind grazes by, causing a chill to run through the already cold girl. 

 

"Gyah!" She yelps. Furiously, she rubs her arms and shudder. 

 

"I should have wore warmer clothing today. Dang it." 

 

Jungsuh had on a long sleeved white shirt with a black vest over along with her dark blue, denim jacket. Below, she wore casual navy blue skinny jeans and dark brown combat boots. Her long jet black hair was down and in small waves. She shivered silently as she waited for the taxi to arrive. 

 

After about five more minutes, the car arrives and Jungsuh quickly gets in and directs the driver to her destination. 

 

Taking about ten to fifteen minutes, she finally arrives to the store and exits the car. Paying her fee, she thanks the driver and heads into the store. It was an extravagant store filled with items ranging from clothing, accessories, furniture, and more. All name brand and famous. 

 

Jungsuh awes at the scenery of such high trend items surrounding her. 

 

But she soon brought herself back to reality and headed toward the check out counter. 

 

"Um, excuse me?" She calls to the employee before her. "Yes?" The girl gleams. Jungsuh smiles back. "Um, I would like to see your manager. Uh, my boss sent me here to get a package he ordered." She shows the girl the envelope. The employee nods and advises her to wait as she heads to the back to get the manager. 

 

Almost immediately, the girl returns with a flashy woman behind her. Jungsuh bows toward her and smiles. 

 

"Hello." She greets. The manager, a woman of her mid-thirties and very beautiful at that, smiles and greets her with a small nod. 

 

"Hello. I was told you need me?" She asks with an overpowering yet elegant tone. Jungsuh nods and hands her the envelope. "Yes. Lee Jun from Lotus Garden sent me here to get a package he ordered. He told me to meet you and ask." She explains. The lady opens the envelope and stares at the content for a bit. She then looks up and smiles. 

 

"Ah. Yes, I shall get your items in just a second." The lady turns to the employee and tells her to accompany her to get the items. They head to the back as Jungsuh stands there patiently. 

 

Jungsuh looks around still amazed at the scenery. It was so elegant. Something that didn't suit her one bit. 

Suddenly she hears a jingle from behind, indicating a customer, she turns to look. To her surprise she spots two young men walk in. They were handsome young men with a style fit for an idol. With another look, Jungsuh felt as she had seen them somewhere. But she couldn't remember. Eventually, she put it aside and continued her day.

 

"Yah? Why are we here again?" The guy with black hair whines with a yawn. "I told you. I need to buy something." The other explains. The black haired boy groans and stretches. "Yah, Jimin? Why did I have to come? You could've just brought Hoseok or Taehyung?" The one named Jimin sighs. "This is for your own good. You need to go out more." He turns to face the whiner with a frown.

"Yoongi-hyung. Chill." He demands. With a puff he grabs Yoongi and drags him off. 

 

Jimin immediately drags his friend off to the men's fashion area and he began digging into the clothing. 

 

"How is it?" He asks hanging the clothing over his body. Yoongi stares and judges. "It's okay." He shrugs. Jimin looks at it and pouts. "Really..." he then continues to shuffle through the clothing. 

 

Yoongi yawns and looks around for one of those seat things that they use for trying on shoes and stuff. Immediately he finds one in the corner by the dressing rooms which also conveniently was close enough to watch Jimin. (Or else Jimin would have made him stand there judging him the entire time.)

 

Hence, he sat, making himself comfortable, and stared off into space with one ear out for Jimin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter