Our "first" meeting

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 3:

 

Our "first" meeting

A/N: For those curious of what the mask looks like: Mask

 

The clock had 11:28 p.m. It was almost time for Jungsuh's spotlight.

 

"Two more minutes." She breaths out.

 

She was nervous and a bit jittery.

 

Yes, she has performed many time before, but even still, she could never shake off the butterflies in her stomach.

 

Performing was something she really enjoyed and wanted to do well in. No matter what, she wanted to show all of her potential.

 

Plus, today, some special guests from Japan have arrived to view the club and performances.

 

So being nervous was normal. One mess up and she is screwed.

 

Jungsuh began replaying the lyrics to the songs she was to perform today in her head. The opening song will be a new song she had been practicing for a few days now, the next a new Japanese song for the guests, break, then the final one would be her usual song.

 

The band mates had checked the equipment one more time and Jungsuh went to check on the new amplifiers.

 

They were the things she had to fetch for Jun this afternoon.

 

They were brand new and fascinating. The sound was clear and loud as well as clean.

 

She was happy and excited.

 

11:29 p.m.

 

"A minute!" Yelled one of the staff.

 

Jungsuh breathes in and out and sighs.

 

"Let's do this."

 

She puts her signature Marionette mask on and sashes her guitar as she headed to the front of the stage. 

 

She dusts off her outfit and patted herself proudly. She had on black tights with denim shorts decorated in sequins and pocket chains, her long black hair lay wavy over her white blouse that was covered by a black sleeveless top and a glittering gold star embroidered onto her left chest. She suited dark brown combat boots and some other light accessories with a little black bow tie around her neck to top it off.

 

But what stood out most was her mask. A unique Marionette mask that covered her face. It's clown-like face with thin a four pointed star to the right eye and a black tear that ran down the bottom of the star's tip, the yellow "eye shadow" also on the right eye, its large red smiling lips, the long black lashes that stood out from the left eye, and the bright red nose that fitted its clown style; all precisely embedded and painted.

 

It was a mask fit for her and was what gave her the identity of the Mysterious Masked Marionette.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Jungsuh breathes out and release the nervousness in her.

 

A echoing thump sounded the room and Jungsuh looks up as the lights dimmed.

 

11:30 p.m.

 

"ARE YOU READY?!" One of the band members yell into a mic. His voice roars.

 

The crowd goes wild. Yells, screams, and hollers filled the building.

 

The boys too, were having a great time.

 

Suddenly, the curtain lifts from the stage, revealing the Mysterious Masked Marionette and the amazing band members.

 

The lights close and the stage lights begin to flicker like crazy.

 

Everyone was silent.

 

Three, two, one

 

Fire - Taeyeon

 

Note: Listening to song while reading is recommended. Singers voices are not official. Only using as reference. Do not use artist voice as the MC's "voice" for I will be using various songs of various artists. I will try to keep to a narrowed amount of artists, but no promises. I also most likely will not be putting any full-on lyrics in the story to avoid an excessive length in writing and plus I'm too lazy to write and organize them. I will try to provide links to good quality videos. If I can't, I will link to a safe MP3 and/or a lyrics sight with audio. Also, the timing of the songs will not pace with the reading. It's too much work and time consuming. Please understand. All credits to creators. Thnx and enjoy the music.

 

The second her voice exploded from the speakers, the fans roared in delight.

 

Her warm and velvety voice that had a sweet tint to it, stole the hearts of all the people in the audience. Especially Bangtan's hearts.

 

She sounded even better live! It was a soothing yet heartfelt voice that clenched your heart tightly.

 

It was sweet and passionate.

 

"Yahhhh!" Wowed Jin.

 

"That's amazing?!" He continues in shock. He hadn't felt this amazed since he ate some fancy Alfredo noodles in this Italian restaurant for the last "Eat Jin" episode. And that's saying a lot. 

 

Jungkook smiles brightly as he jammed to her music. J-hope was getting extra and Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin were nodding in acknowledgment. Taehyung stared mouth-opened and #impressed.

 

The boys were so entranced with her voice and the fact that she was disguised and mysterious made the emotions fly even more.

 

Her voice expressed the emotions of the lyrics so accurately and her ability with the guitar was amazing. 

 

"That's talent." Namjoon compliments. He grins, exposing his cute dimple, and begins to sing along with her.

 

Some of the boys chuckle and follow along.

 

"You’re the Fire dagagamyeon

nae mamkkaji samkyeoga

hayahge beonjyeo kkamahge taewo

heurin yeongiman nama

Oh you’re the Fire

Oh I know you’re the Fire

Oh you’re the Fire

Oh I know you’re the Fire"

 

(You’re the Fire

Warm temperature

I’m pulled in without a sound

You spread to me, when I open both eyes

Only the gray trace remains

Oh you’re the Fire

Oh I know you’re the Fire)

 

"Haha, it's like our song Fire." Taehyung cheers. 

 

The guys nod and continue to jam out. 

 

Finally the song ended and the crowd cheered in absolute joy.

 

"Woohoo!" Hoseok cheers as he flung his hands in the air like he just didn't care. (Which we all know... he doesn't.)

 

Everyone applauds with enthusiasm and some stood as they clapped.

 

Jungsuh bows to the audience.

 

Suddenly, one of the band members, who was the guitarist, spoke up.

 

"Hello everyone!" 

 

The crowd cheers in greeting.

 

"Hahaha! Nice to see you all!" The handsome guitarist gleams.

 

"Tonight we will be performing a few songs for you guys and I am happy to announce that we have some amazing guests joining us tonight!"

 

The man points to a table in the front. The spotlight shines over them and reveals three middle-aged men.

 

"We have here tonight Mr. Takamaki Naruse of Warner Bros Entertainment of Japan and his fellow representatives. They are here to enjoy the concert with you all and I hope everyone treats them with curtesy."

(BTW, that name was made up. Don't think about looking it up... It's a nonexistent person. Unless there really is someone named that, then sorry... *bows*)

 

The audience applauses.

 

The guitarist clears his throat and looks over to the other table in the front.

 

"And we also have unexpected, but an honorable, visit by popular idol group Bangtanseoyondan!"

 

The crowd cheers even louder at the mention of BTS.

 

The spotlight shines o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter