Announcement: Final Exam?!

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 13:

Announcement: Final Exam?!

 

It was already Tuesday. Jungsuh was sitting in class, listening intently to the professor. It was her Notes and Scores class in which they teach you the basics and ways to use and read scores for music. Jungsuh, being an already avid musician, knew the most of it and just kind of dozed off into daydream land.

 

The sound of the professor's monotonic and bland voice bored Jungsuh as well as annoyed her. It was so weak and dull. The equivalent of an old lady's “Back in the days” speeches. Lord was this mans voice a broken low note on a trombone.

 

Jungsuh was trying hard to resist falling asleep. Hoseok and Namjoon sure did look like they were fighting the urge to just drop dead as well. Hoseok's head drooped a bit as he tried hard to balance his head on his single arm and Namjoon was just daydreaming as he stared out the large window beside him.

 

This sure was a “fun” class.

 

Thankfully, the bell had rung and the three, including the rest of the class, exclaimed in joy.

 

“All right class, before I dismiss you, there is something I must inform you all of.” The professor began. The class looked up at him with desperate and eager eyes; all just wanting to leave already.

 

“I am only gonna give you the jiff of it all since your next class will announce it, but it is already nearing winter and that means it is closing to mid-terms and your homeroom will be checking on your progress for the final project!” He announced as he stacked a pack of papers together and straightened them.

 

“Be sure you are prepared.”

 

With that, the class dismissed and everyone flooded out.

 

Jungsuh walked out a bit confused as she pondered the announcement. “Final project?” She questioned. She never heard anything about a final project. Well, she was still new here. Maybe it was a school-wide thing. She would eventually find out, or ask Mr. Lee.

 

Suddenly, Jungsuh felt a large and firm arm rest over her shoulders. She quickly turned her head to face the touchy person and was face-to-face with Jung Hoseok.

 

“H-Hoseok!” She gasped as her eyes met his. The ball of sunshine chuckled and pulled her closer to him. “That class was a drag wasn't it?” He complained as the three walked off together through the hallways.

 

“It was so-so.” Jungsuh answered nonchalantly. She was bored of it, but she had to get used to it being she was gonna be stuck with that class for the rest of the year. Hopefully, if she continued to attend Seoul Academy, she would not get that professor ever again the following terms.

 

Namjoon walked closely beside them and chuckled. “He was dull, but had logical teaching methods. He could teach...” He paused and grinned meekly. “Just not as entertaining as others...” Jungsuh let out a small chuckle and nodded. “True. But we have to get use to it.” Hoseok, who was still clinging to her scoffed and looked over to Namjoon with a tired expression. “We have him the rest of the year, huh?” He dreaded the thought of that. A whole year of that boring professor. He was even more boring than Namjoon's English lectures.

 

“By the way...” Jungsuh looked over at the two and crossed her arms in front of her as they continued to stroll on. “Do you guys know about the 'Final Project' the professor was talking about?” She asked. Hoseok pondered a bit and the shook his head. “Not really. I heard small bits from fellow classmates yesterday that it was important and a school tradition.”

 

Jungsuh took in his information and thought. “Tradition, huh?”

 

“Apparently, the Final Project is a performance exam that tests the students artistic ability.” Namjoon informed. He had looked up the school background earlier and found out about the project. It was a surprise to him that a school had such a unique finale, but it was also to be expected of a prestigious school like Seoul Academy. “I don't know all the information, but it is an important project and apparently determines your ability to be able to graduate and maybe a chance to debut.”

 

Jungsuh perked up a little when hearing this. What?! That means she has to perform in order to graduate?! Jun never told her about that! She panicked inside and exhaled in a bit of stress. Hoseok noticed and shook her a bit. “What? Nervous?” He gently patted her in assurance and smiled. “Don't worry. You will do amazing!” Jungsuh smiled meekly back at him and sighed. “I guess.”

 

They continued to walk on and chat as they headed toward their next class. Hobi and Namjoon had to part ways with Jungsuh as they had a different class next. “See ya later!” Hobi was bidding goodbye as they neared his class. Namjoon's class was also nearby, so he too bid his farewells. “This is our last class for the day, wanna hitch a ride home with us after school? Since you live nearby anyways.”

 

Jungsuh smiled and shook her head. “No thank you. I have.. uh... work after school. So I won't be heading home.” The young man's smile drooped a bit, but he nodded, understanding. “We could drop you off at your work. The van will fit you!” J-Hope chimed in. Jungsuh shook her hands at them. “Sorry, Hyunsoo is picking me up. Thank you for the offer though.” Thank the lord he was picking her up. She had a feeling these two would try every case to have her ride with them.

 

Bidding goodbye once more, Jungsuh walked off toward her next class and sighed. “Next up, Music Composition. I wonder who I have for this class.” She spoke with a sarcastic and tired tone.

 

She arrived promptly and when she saw who were in the class, her heart jumped a bit. Sitting in the back corner was the notorious Min Yoongi and in front of him was Kwon Ji Hyun. Jungsuh was a bit nervous and jittery.

 

Well, at least there were people she knew here. Silently, she placed her bag down in the seat next to Yoongi and sat down. As she did, she spotted a flashy and preppy dressed girl in the front glare at her. Jungsuh had no idea why, so she just ignored it and looked over to the two familiar faces. Yoongi slowly turned her way and plastered a small smile toward her.

 

“Jungsuh!” Ji Hyun beamed as she turned around and waved excitedly. “Yo.” Yoongi greeted. Jungsuh smiled and waved to the two. “Hey.” This was such an odd set up.


Yoongi, the mostly silent and serious cool guy; Ji Hyun, the bubbly and easy-going cute gal; and then Jungsuh, the socially awkward and introverted nobody, all sitting close by.

 

“I am so happy to see that you transferred here!” Ji Hyun beamed happily as she clasped her hands together. “Now, I can see you more often! I only see you working at the b-”

 

“Ahaha! It is great to see you here too, Ji Hyun!” Jungsuh quickly intervened. She gave Ji Hyun a desperate and cautious look that meant: keep quiet. Ji Hyun quickly understood and tapped her bottom lip with her cutely manicured index finger in embarrassment. “Ahaha! I am so happy...”

 

Yoongi noticed the weird action Jungsuh had made, but put it aside, not wanting to pry into her personal matters. Jungsuh glanced over to him in a bit of a panic. Man, that was close. She really needed to explain to Ji Hyun about her situation. But, Ji Hyun had no idea that Jungsuh was the Masked Marionette either. This was gonna be a toughie.

 

“You two know each other?” Yoongi asked. Jungsuh looked over to him and nodded. “Um, yeah. She visits the Lotus and while I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter