Jungkook

Not Today

Jungkook sat with his back pressed against the wall of his cell, shoulders slumped. He didn't have the energy to lift his head, didn't have the energy to think about anything else but the treacherous thing he'd done. He'd cracked. He'd told NO what they wanted...or, well, a small piece anyway. He just wanted the torture to end, to make it all go away. And it worked, but not for long. It had been a small lie, a desperate plea to end it. Jungkook couldn't give away the safe house, he couldn't do it. So he gave them another location. 

****

The Flame had become a staple in the torture. Doctor Park seemed oddly attached to the concoction, and seemed even more thrilled at the idea of having a guinea pig to use it on. Every day Jungkook would lie on the table, screaming and twisting in pain. Every day Doctor Park gave Jungkook a choice - talk and get the antidote, or suffer. 

Other than the torture, Jungkook was tested. He was tested for endurance, for reflexes, for blood. He hated those as much as the torture, but it was exhausting, especially if they decided to do both in the same day. Why they bothered to test him, remained a mystery. No on answered him when he asked, no one spoke to him at all. The only person who would say anything, was Doctor Park. 

"Where is BTS headquarters?" 

At the end of every day, Jungkook was left in his cell, drained and too weak to do anything. His body trembled, and he could barely stomach any food. He would get a couple of hours of sleep in the brightly lit room, only to be woken up again for another day. 

"You can make this end," Doctor Park said, for the thousandth time. "All you have to do is answer one simple question. And then it'll be all over. Where is BTS headquarters?" 

Through the pain, and tears, Jungkook saw the antidote, and something snapped. He didn't know what it was. Exhaustion, starvation, delirium, all of it combined. Whatever it was, he was couldn't take it anymore. Just wanted the pain to stop, even if for a little while. The antidote called to him, and he swallowed, his throat raw. 

"Okay..." he whispered. 

Doctor Park was setting the syringe down when his eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. "Do you mean...?" 

"I'll tell you...." Jungkook closed his eyes, begging his hyungs for forgiveness. He didn't want to send them out on a lie. Lee Eun would make sure the punishment was worse. But he had to give them something. "An apartment at the edge of Seoul...room 22.... Called.... Called Skyview." Tears slid down his cheeks, as heat gripped his body again. "Just make it stop...please..." 

Doctor Park looked up at Mi Na, who stood equally surprised. She hurried out of the room as Doctor Park held up his end of the deal, and gave Jungkook the antidote. An icy chill raced through his body, dousing the heat quickly. Jungkook shuddered at the drastic change, but it was welcome. The pain subsided quickly, but his body still felt it, his jaw still tense. He swallowed again, his throat still raw, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Doctor Park looking at him, arms crossed. 

"If that is a lie, you're in for a hell of a lot worse," he pointed out simply. "Lucky for you, you get the rest of the day off. Enjoy it while you can." 

Jungkook was dragged back to his cell, where he collapsed on the floor, and curled up. Tears spilled freely down his cheeks. He didn't know why he gave them Hoseok's and Suga's apartment. It should have been his, or he should have made something up. But in the moment, their apartment was the first thing that came to mind. He prayed to whoever would listen that they weren't there when NO showed up. They would be at the safe house, well protected and hidden. 

But once NO found out that the apartment wasn't BTS headquarters, they were going to work even harder to get Jungkook to talk. They pried one small piece of information out of him, they could get more. Just how long could Jungkook hold on?

****

The door to the cell opened, and Jungkook tensed on reflex, but kept his head down. Through his hair line, he saw someone enter, someone dressed in a clean cut suit. Lee Eun. 

"Mr. Jeon, you are looking a little unwell. Our facilities are not to your liking?" he leered. Jungkook raised his head, eyes steady on Lee Eun. The man, as always, had a humourless expression on his face, and he tilted his head to the side slightly. "I am disappointed in you Mr. Jeon. We asked for the headquarters, and you gave us an empty apartment. Granted, that apartment seems to have been the home of two suspected members of BTS, so that we thank you. But, there was nothing to suggest anything rebellious. Where did Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi go? We know they work at the hospital, and we were told they left for the day."

The relief Jungkook felt in that moment, was enough to overwhelm him. Suga and Hoseok were safe. They hadn't been taken by NO. He managed a casual shrug of his shoulders, which was met by an exasperated sigh. 

"This game of cat and mouse will not go on any further. I don't know what you think you'll gain from making us run around, except for more suffering. Tell me, Jeon Jungkook, are they coming here? To save their precious maknae?" 

Jungkook looked at Lee Eun for a moment, considering his options. "They don't tell me anything, so why bother with all this torture if you're going to get nothing but pointless answers? I don't know where their headquarters are, I don't know where they are. I don't know anything!" 

Lee Eun shook his head. "You and I both know that's not true. They might not tell you everything, but they told you enough." 

"Guess you'll just have to torture me some more," Jungkook snapped. 

"Torture seems an inadequate tool," Lee Eun said, turning back to the door. "You are proving far too stubborn. If we tortured you some more, I fear we'd kill you before we got any more information. I think we are going to move onto the next step." 

"Next step? What's that, tickle me into submission?" 

Lee Eun rapped on the door, and a Shadow stepped inside. "You know all about our Shadows. They are strong, obedient, and loyal to a fault. We erased all human weaknesses to create an army that will do anything they are told without second guessing. They are the perfect soldier. I think you'll fit in quite nicely." 

Jungkook shook his head, his mind swirling, his pulse racing. "No. I won't -" 

"You don't have a choice," Lee Eun interrupted. "Tomorrow we start preparations. You are going to join the Shadows." 

****

A/N: well, another one is up! Next chapter is going to be from another perspective (not Jin or Jungkook)! So stay tuned!