Suga & Jin

Not Today

Suga leaned against the wall, biting his fingernail, as Namjoon went to the paramedics. Namjoon was smart, and he would get away if he was caught, but knowing it could happen made Suga nervous. They had done protests, they had broadcasted illegally obtained documents, they had slandered NO on more than one occasion, but they had been safely hidden. More of a pain in NO's side, not an actual threat. Seven boys against an entire government organization was a ridiculous idea. But Jin has always been optimistic, and Suga had to put faith in the group's rebellious leader. 

Jin was watching the paramedics and Namjoon closely. He was tense, and quiet, and focussed. "He's inside."

Finally Suga looked up and over Jin's shoulder. The Shadows were still there, blocking the entrance, but Namjoon was nowhere in sight. Moments later, the paramedics exited the hospital and returned to their vehicle. Jin leaned against the wall next to Suga and ran a hand through his hair.

"And now we wait."

They stood in silence for a moment, in the shadows of the alley. Suga fidgeted nervously. It was weird seeing the hospital, once the place he worked, now it was their last chance to possibly destroy NO. "Are you scared hyung?"

Jin glanced over at Suga and for a moment his blank expression cracked. They were the same age, only a couple months apart, but in that moment, Jin looked so much younger and vulnerable. He tried to stay strong for the younger members, but Suga was his confidant in a way that not even Taehyung could be. 

"Terrified," Jin whispered. "I keep thinking about what'll happen if we fail. And Jungkook...who knows what they've done to him. What they will do to him." 

"Do you think...." Suga paused, the question hurting even before it came out. "Do you think he told them where the safe house is?" 

Jin squeezed his eyes shut, and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes, they were hardened again, the stoic leader back in place. "He would never do that. It wasn't him. He might have given your home up as a decoy, but they could do anything to him and never get the location to the safe house. We slipped up somewhere." 

More silence followed. Suga was lost in thought. Jin was right. Jungkook would never have done something like that. He was too loyal to BTS. But they couldn't deny the fact that the safe house had been compromised after Jungkook was taken. 

All of a sudden, there was a commotion at the hospital entrance. Both Suga and Jin pushed away from the wall, and saw a middle aged woman running out of the hospital urgently. Suga recognized her instantly. It was the Director of the hospital. She hurried to the cluster of Shadows, and gestured wildly to the building. Jin and Suga were too far away to hear what she was saying, but suddenly, all the Shadows were moving. They split up and ran around the hospital towards the back. Only two remained stationed at the doors. The Director spoke to the guards, as the ambulance started up. They pulled away from the curb, and as Jin and Suga watched, the driver's eyes flittered towards them, and he made the smallest gesture with his head. He wanted them to follow the vehicle. With the Shadows occupied, Jin and Suga slipped out of the alley and moved swiftly down the street across from the hospital. Both walked while watching the hospital out of the corner of their eye. The ambulance rounded the corner, and shortly after, so did Suga and Jin. 

Out of sight, the paramedics hopped out of the ambulance and approached the boys. "Director nim told us to you into the building. We'll smuggle you in as a patient and as a paramedic. One of us will stay in the back." 

Suga's stomach tightened but they nodded, and Jin volunteered as the patient so Suga could keep his face covered. The Shadows were here for Suga and Hoseok after all. They got to work: Suga pulling on the paramedic's uniform, while Jin hopped into the back and onto the gurney. Once all loaded up and situated, the driver drove the long way around, and flipped on the sirens. Suga sat stiffly in the passenger seat, heart thudding against his chest. If they succeeded and NO was brought to their knees, Suga was retiring from the rebelling. 

They approached the hospital, and the Shadows were back at the front. The Director was gone. Suga swalloed and gripped the handle on the door tightly. 

"Just stay calm," the driver muttered, sensing Suga's unease. "They won't bother us unless they see something supicious. Follow my lead." 

Nodding was the only thing Suga could do. They drove up to the emergency entrance, and the Shadows all visibly turned their attention to the vehicle. Suga hopped out of the ambulance with the driver and they raced to the back, where Jin lay on the gurney waiting. Thankfully, they had thought to put an oxygen mask over his face to obscure his identity, and he had his eyes closed. Suga now wished he was the on the gurney. All he would have had to do is lie there. He helped the driver pull the gurney out of the ambulance, and they turned to the emergency entrance, and the Shadows. Suga gripped the gurney tightly, but the driver pressed forward, wheeling the gurney to the sliding doors. 

"This boy's spleen is rupturing," the paramedic explained quickly. "He needs immediate surgery. Let us pass." 

The Shadows stepped aside, after scrutinizing Jin, and then Suga, and the driver. They stepped into emergency, and pushed Jin down the hall, not slowing until they were well out of sight. Suga unfurled his hand, which was trembling, and shakily he slid the mask off his face. Jin sat up and pulled the oxygen mask off, and a huge grin spread across his lips.

"We actually did it," he said, with a big sigh. "We're in."

"Thank-you," Suga said to the paramedic. "We appreciate it." 

The driver nodded. "I'll tell them you stayed behind with the boy because there was no one else here for him. Just be careful." He retreated quickly, and Jin hopped off the gurney. 

A familiar, purple-haired boy rounded the corner, followed by the Director. Namjoon's face filled with relief as he took in Suga and Jin. "You made it."

"We did. We need to get moving," Jin said, "thank-you, ma'am, for letting us in."

"The Shadows were not too impressed with my deception," she pointed out, "please do your what you came here for, and leave before I have NO pounding on our door to search the facility." 

The boys bowed quickly, and then Suga led them down the halls towards the storage. Every little victory gave them that extra push. Like they might actually be able to pull this off. 

 

****

A/N: Alright! Chapter 15 is up! Please read, comment, vote, and tell me what you think! Please note, as well, that I did edit Taehyung's chapter (14). I forgot to add something in so I put it in. Nothing big, but in case you all are curious! Enjoy ^^