Jimin

Not Today

Jimin watched his hyungs hurry to the park. He wanted to go with them, but it was better if he stayed behind. If they got caught, at least Jimin would hopefully get to the meeting point and let the others know. Wringing his wrists, Jimin watched as a crowd formed around Taehyung and Hoseok, and as the Shadows appeared. He tensed, before pressing himself against the wall as a couple Shadows passed nearby. They took off after Taehyung and Hoseok, leaving Jimin in the alley. 

The crowd stayed cluttered around the wall, looking at the sign Taehyung and Hoseok painted on it. Before hightailing it out of there, Jimin studied them. They were muttering to each other with interest. That was a good sign. Jimin turned to leave, when a shadow crossed before him. A couple Shadows. 

"Stop right there."

"Not gonna happen," Jimin smirked, and ran. 

He raced down the alley, the Shadows on his heels. He knew where he was supposed to meet Hoseok and Taehyung, should they get separated, but he had to lose the Shadows first. Something hit the wall next to him with a zap, some debris loosening from it. Jimin yelped and ducked out of the way. They weren't shooting bullets at him, but a stun gun. He was not going to be taken that easily.

Another shot, missing him by inches. He rounded a corner, and saw more Shadows hurrying towards him. He cursed again, and charged to his right. He broke onto a street, and for a moment he was disorientated. People were strolling about, and he ran into a middle-aged woman, carrying her meager rations. Her food toppled to the ground, but Jimin had no time to think. His direction was quickly decided for him, as another group of Shadows converged on him.

"Joesonghamnida," he apologized. "I'm sorry." He didn't stay to see if she was alright. He was beginning to panic. The Shadows were proving to be more difficult to shake than he had anticipated. More were trailing after him, and gaining ground quickly. 

Another shot fired, this time hitting its mark. Jimin felt a searing pain in his leg. His knees buckled and he landed, hard, on the sidewalk, skinning his hands and knees. He grabbed his leg and pulled out the dart, and pulled himself to his feet. Too late. The Shaows surrounded him, blocking his view of the street. Jimin's heart pounded against his chest, but he pulled himself straight and stuck out of his chin. He wasn't going to let them see his fear. But he wasn't going to let them take him without a fight. 

He lunged at the Shadow in front of him, and managed to land a fist, before strong hands grabbed his shoulders, and wrists. They were too quick, too strong, and too uniform to take on by himself. He thrashed and kicked, but never managed to land another blow. A fist connected with his jaw, sending a shower of stars through his vision, and he bit his cheek hard. Blood trickled out of the corner of his mouth. Is this how Jungkook felt? Helpless and alone? 

Suddenly, one of the Shadows stumbled. Another Shadow stumbled, and then Jimin saw a group of people, holding anything they could get their hands on. The Shadows turned from Jimin to the group. The ones holding Jimin let go, and Jimin collapsed to the ground. 

"Let him go," a man demanded, brandishing a butcher's knife. "What did that boy do to you?" 

The Shadows made a wall between Jimin and the protestors, but the people weren't going to back down. Jimin picked himself up, but someone stomped on his back, knocking the wind out of him. That riled the group up even more, and someone threw a rock at one of the Shadows. It hit him in the head, knocking him to the ground. It was like a bomb had exploded. The people lunged at the Shadows, who retaliated with force. The foot lifted from Jimin's back, and he groaned, but didn't delay any further. He sprang to his feet, ignoring the pain in his leg and jaw. With the Shadows distracted, he ran. Ran without looking back. He heard a scream behind him, and he gritted his teeth. The sooner they took down NO, the better.

When he was far enough away, Jimin stopped and slumped against a wall of a vacant building. His chest ached, and his leg felt swollen and stiff. He wiped the drying blood from his chin. It had been too close for comfort. Quickly, he looked around trying to gauge where he was. He had been away from the city for too long, and completely unfamiliar with its layout. Now he was lost. Wonderful. With a huff, Jimin pulled away from the wall, and took the road to his right. He had to find the others. 

****

A/N: Will Jimin be alright?! Stay tuned for another chapter soon! ^^