Hoseok

Not Today

Taehyung wrung his hands. They were at the meetup point, waiting for Jimin. It had been over an hour and a half, and there was still no sign of him.

"Do you think...?" Hoseok let the question trail off, and Taehyung shook his head.

"No. He wasn't."

They fell silent again, and searched the area again. They had escaped the Shadows easily, but he feared Jimin wasn't so lucky. The sun was sinking behind the buildings, and their time was running out. They had to meet up with the others shortly, and if Jimin didn't show up soon.... He ran a hand through his hair and glanced at Hoseok. 

"We need to get going soon," he muttered. 

"Maybe he's lost," Hoseok suggested. "He doesn't know the city anymore. If he was trying to escape the Shadows, he could have been turned around." He sighed. "I can go back to where we left him, see if I can find him. Maybe someone saw him. You should probably stay here, in case he turns up." 

Taehyung considered it for a moment, but then nodded. If Jimin was out there and lost, he wouldn't make it back to them in time. Taehyung didn't know the city either, so it was all up to Hoseok. He didn't want to leave Jimin, but he also didn't want to keep Jin waiting. "Find him, Hoseok."

Smiling, Hoseok nodded and slipped back the way they came. Hoseok hoped Jimin was close, that he was alright. If he had been taken or captured.... Hoseok pushed the thoughts out of his head. No. Jimin was fine. He was just lost. 

He came up to the park, and looked around. Not many people were out, now that the businesses were shut down. Their graffiti still stained the wall, but it looked like someone had tried to wash it off unsuccessfully. Jimin was nowhere to be seen. Hoseok jogged around the area, for any place that his dongsaeng could be, before returning to the park to think. Where would Jimin go? He knew where the meetup point was, so he would head in that direction, unless he was being chased. Hoseok went to the alley and peered down. In a moment of panic he could have fled down the alley instead of crossing the park. 

The alley was dark, and eerily quiet, putting Hoseok on high alert. He hugged the walls of the buildings as he moved, fearing any Shadows lurking about. Curfew would be in place shortly, and it was risk being out on the streets. He had to find Jimin quickly. 

It was then that he found the blood. It was on the main street. No one had gotten around to cleaning it yet, but Hoseok wondered if NO wanted to keep the blood there as a reminder. Heart pounding against his chest, Hoseok approached the area, fearing the worst. It wasn't Jimin's. It wasn't. He had escaped, he was okay. 

Someone shifted in the shadowed doorway. Hoseok froze, but when he saw it wasn't a Shadow he relaxed. "What happened here?" 

The lady leaned forward. "You shouldn't be out this close to curfew, boy. The Shadows are on high alert after the riot that happened." 

Riot? Hoseok glanced back at the blood stained sidewalk. So soon after they approached the crowd? It couldn't be a coincidence. "Did you see a boy? 

The lady nodded. "There was a boy. It's how the riot started. Everyone thought it would be a good idea to stand up to the Shadows after the little show BTS put on in the park. As you can see, it didn't end that well." She sighed and leaned back. "If it's the boy you're looking for, I saw him escape that way." 

"Gamsahamnida," Hoseok said with a bow. Without further hesitation, he took off in the direction the woman pointed out. He could practically hear the clock ticking away, counting down to the curfew siren. Every time he rounded a corner, or looked into an alley, his heart sank. Hoseok was losing hope, fearing the worst, when he spotted something huddled against a wall. It was a person, with familiar dark hair and the same clothes Jimin had worn earlier. 

"Oh thank god," he breathed, racing towards Jimin. "Jimin. Hey, it's me." 

Jimin looked fine, save for a bruised and swollen cheek, and dirty clothes. He looked up and it took him a moment to register who he was staring at. Then his eyes lit up and he lunged at Hoseok, dragging him into a tight hug. "Hyung!"

"It's okay, I found ya," Hoseok said softly, "we'd better go. Curfew's on right away. We need to get out of the city." He pulled Jimin up. "You alright?" 

Jimin nodded, but his eyes were glazed over and he looked shaken up. "You guys got through to the people after all...I think they're ready to fight back." 

Suddenly, the speakers lining the street crackled, and Hoseok's skin prickled. Had he gotten the time wrong? But then a familiar voice broke out over the speakers, and Hoseok sagged in relief. Jin. They made it.

"We are BTS. We come to the people of Korea to help us take down NO once and for all. We have found their location where they bring their prisoners, your loved ones. If you want to see them again, go to this location. We outnumber NO, we can fight back and we can win. Go to the NO headquarters. Go to the NO supporting businesses." 

People were moving around in their buildings. Some stepped outside, all listened intently. Jimin and Hoseok glanced at each other, speechless. They had started the rumours, now Jin was confirming it. And if the riot earlier had anything to say about their words, the people of Korea were going to fight back. 

Hoseok pulled Jimin along quickly as the announcement looped over again. They found Taehyung easily, and then they were off to the meetup point with the others. Their plan was coming along a lot better than they thought. They might actually succeed. 

****

A/N: the ending kind of , but my laptop is dying and I had to finish it quickly...might edit, we'll see how I feel lol. But enjoy!! ^^