Taehyung

Not Today

Taehyung led Jin down the hall, away from the others. Jin remained quiet, but the air was alight with passion. Taehyung took a drink, already feeling the affects of his third drink. He embraced the warm, light-headed feeling as they approached his room. The second Jin closed the door behind him, Taehyung was there, wrapping his arms around Jin, and pushing him firmly up against the door. To his satisfaction, Jin let out a moan as their bodies pressed together. Their lips locked hungrily on to each other, and Taehyung let his tongue explore Jin's mouth. Their cups slipped out of their hands, and clattered to the floor. Alcohol pooled around it, forgotten. 

Jin pulled Taehyung closer, and then forced him back towards the bed. They fell effortlessly together, when suddenly Jin pushed away. He broke their kiss, and was about to say something, when Taehyung went in for another kiss. He kissed Jin's cheek, his jaw, then came to a stop near his ear. 

"No more talking," he whispered in Jin's ear. He kissed it softly, his hands pulling off Jin's shirt. Jin threaded his hands through Taehyung's hair. 

There was an urgency to Taehyung's actions, but if Jin noticed, he didn't seem to bothered by it. They held each other like it was their last night on earth, which it very well could be. Thinking they would all come away unscathed was foolish. It was a nice thought, but not when they were going up against a potential army of Shadows, and who knew what else. But for tonight, Taehyung and Jin were the only two people in the world.

~*~

The sun was rising slowly. The room was a grey, purple, orangeish colour of morning. Jin and Taehyung lay tangled in the sheets, tangled in each other. Neither of them slept. Neither of them wanted to. Jin traced his finger along Taehyung's chest absently, while Taehyung rested his cheek against Jin's head. They said nothing, just clung to each other, afraid the other would just disappear. 

It was Jin who broke their moment with a sigh. He sat up and ran a hand through his hair. "We should get ready to go." 

Taehyung pouted, the spot next to him already feeling cold and empty. "But everyone is still asleep." Jin shook his head and stood. Taehyung took a moment to appreciate the grooves and rolling of Jin's body, before it was covered by a t-shirt, then a pair of jeans. With an exaggerated sigh, Taehyung flung the sheets off and pulled on his clothes. 

They were just leaving the room when a siren blared. Jin glanced worriedly at Taehyung, who knew the sound all too well. "The safe house is compromised!"

Without another word, they took off to the monitor. Namjoon had it set up a while ago, but it was usually unmonitored since there was no activity around the safe house ever. It wasn't even a guarantee the videos still worked. Thankfully they were, and it showed at least five Shadows. There was no doubt there was more that they couldn't see. 

Jin cursed, as the others came rushing in. Namjoon sweared loudly, and Hoseok and Jimin looked terrified. Jin turned to them all and glanced through the window to the hidden tunnel. Their one last place of sanctuary was gone. There was no more time to think. Jin squeezed Taehyung's hand, whether for assurance or support, Taehyung didn't know. Probably both. 

"We gotta run. Namjoon." 

Namjoon punched the button beside the monitor, and the secret door sprang open. Everyone filed into the tunnel, Hoseok and Suga shutting it once everyone was through. Darkness washed over them, and the siren cut off. They stood there for a moment, as if they couldn't comprehend what was happening. 

"Come on," Jin whispered. 

They ran quickly down the tunnel, using the walls as guidance. The exit was a trek away, and Taehyung hoped that NO hadn't found it and were waiting for them. His head spun, and he was thankful Jin held his hand tightly. If he had been on his own he probably would have fallen. The safe house. Compromised. 

Suddenly a rumbled, and a loud bang ecohed through the tunnel. Everyone came to a halt, and Taehyung pressed himself close to Jin. They were far enough away to feel any of the damage, but they all knew what it meant. The safe house was gone. Taehyung heard someone mutter something - a prayer perhaps? And Namjoon punched the wall angrily, swearing. 

"Keep going," Jin coaxed. His voice was heavy, but with what? Sorrow? Defeat? Denial? Taehyung wanted nothing more than to be back in his bed, entwined with Jin. He wanted to go back to that moment, before the siren, before Jin got out of bed. They lay there, so content, so happy. 

A light grew in the distance. The exit. Jin quickened his pace, the others following intently. Taehyung braced himself for the onslaught of Shadows, but when they broke out into the morning light, they were alone. Taehyung wrapped his arms tightly around Jin, as the others spun around to where the safe house once stood. Now, there was nothing but a black billow of smoke. They all stood there, disgesting what happened, when Jimin glanced at Jin. 

"What are we going to do now?" he asked. 

Jin's hands curled into fists against Taehyung's back, and Taehyung closed his eyes against the threat of tears. 

"Today, we fight." 

****

A/N: Things escalate! Enjoy ;3