Hoseok & Suga

Not Today

Hoseok stared up at the ceiling of his room, unable to sleep. He hadn't been able to sleep since this whole thing began. Jungkook, taken. It , but what was almost as worse, was seeing how Jin reacted to it. The eldest of the group had bags under his eyes, his cheeks were sunken in. He was so focussed on this mission, that he was forgetting to take care of himself. Not even Taehyung could do anything to help. He blamed himself, Hoseok knew, for Jungkook. Jin wasn't going to admit it, but it was true. He watched his parents and brother be dragged off by NO, and then watched it happen again. 

Suga shifted in his sleep, sound asleep, as if there was nothing wrong in the world. He snored lightly, and Hoseok rolled his eyes. If anyone could sleep at a time like this, it would be Suga. But it was time for them both to get up, so Hoseok rolled onto his side, scooped up a pillow he'd thrown on the floor, and flung it at Suga. It hit its target right in the face, and Suga jumped, eyes snapping open. 

"What? What...?" He glanced over at Hoseok who snickered. 

"Time to get up hyung." 

Their apartment was slightly bigger than Jin and Jungkook's, and was far more decorated and had a more "lived-in" feel. They lived on the edge of the city, closer to the safe house. They both shared the only room in the house, two small beds side by side. Hoseok slipped off the bed and padded into the main area. There was a small kitchen, bathroom and living room, with a bunch of knicknacks littering the house. Namjoon might have been the one who was good at hacking, and fixing stuff, but Suga helped more often than not. Namjoon might have been smart, but he was clumsy, almost blowing up the safe house once or twice. 

"It's morning already?" Suga pouted, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Another hour...."

"Nope, we gotta go. Work." Hoseok tossed Suga a shirt, and pulled his own on. "We can't be late."

Sobering, Suga nodded. They got dressed in their scrubs, ate a quick breakfast, then they headed out, towards city centre. By the time they left it was mid-morning and already the weather was warming. The sky was clear and the sun was bright, and it was going to be a hot day. It would have been nice, if not for the grim task they faced. Businesses were opening, and people dressed in suits were heading to the city centre. Towards the NO headquarters. Hoseok didn't know why people were so easily swayed to work for NO, why they betrayed their country by siding with the enemy. He hunched his shoulders and ignored the stares as they passed. If Suga noticed, he didn't seem to mind. He yawned loudly, as they approached the steps of the hospital where they worked as janitors. Under the radar. 

Prices of medication was too high for most, but the hospital was the one place NO allowed patients to go to freely. Maybe they believed they wouldn't have a country to run if everyone died for one reason or another. A lot of doctors who worked in the hospital gave medication for cheap under the table. Everyone turned a blind eye. 

Work was boring, as usual, and the day dragged by slowly. Hoseok was too anxious, checking the clock every minute, rushing through his tasks. Suga seemed to be moving slower in comparison, annoying Hoseok. 

"You could work a little faster you know," Hoseok grumbled.

"It's not going to make the day go any faster. If anything it'll leave us with less to do," Suga pointed out.

At long last, work was done, and the sun was hanging low in the sky, when the duo left the hospital. Hoseok's stomach grumbled, and Suga threw an arm over his friend's shoulder. "Let's get home and change before we head to the safe house." Hoseok nodded, eager to get going. 

As soon as they rounded the corner towards their house, Suga tensed. Something was wrong. Right outside their apartment building, stood a cluster of Shadows. A van was parked on the road. Suga grabbed Hoseok's arm and pulled him back around the corner with a curse. Hoseok's eyes widened in shock. It couldn't be coincidence that NO was right outside their building. 

"How did they find us?" Hoseok whispered. Suga could only shrug. Two Shadows left the building, holding Hoseok's laptop. Fortunately there was nothing compromising on there - they kept their BTS work at the safe house - but it was still a defeat. Their place had been found, which meant NO suspected Hoseok and Suga were members of BTS. As if sensing their presence, a Shadow turned their direction, silver eyes searching the area. He gestured for another one to follow him, and they started moving to where Suga and Hoseok hid.

"We need to get out of here. Come on." Suga pulled Hoseok around and dragged him away from the apartment. 

Hoseok wasn't really paying attention to where they were going. His head spun as he followed Suga out of the city. How did NO find them? They thought they had been in the clear. There was only one explanation, but he didn't dare believe it. He couldn't believe it. Hoseok knew Suga was thinking the same thing. It made for an uncomfortable trek. 

Music blared through the safe house when they entered through the side door. Hoseok and Suga headed for the main area, and saw Jin and Taehyung lounging on a couch, Jin resting his head on Taehyung's lap. Namjoon was on his laptop, typing away at something, while Jimin was looking over Namjoon's shoulder. He pointed at something, and Namjoon batted it away, pursing his lips. Jimin stuck his finger in Namjoon's ear as retaliation, and Namjoon rolled his eyes, swatting at him again. Jimin laughed loudly, though it was drowned out by the music. 

Taehyung spotted Suga and Hoseok, and shut the music off quickly. "They're here." 

"They found us," Hoseok blurted, before anyone else could say anything. "NO. They found our apartment." 

Jin and Taehyung exchanged a worrying look, as Jimin and Namjoon tore their gaze from the laptop. "What do you mean?" 

"They know we're part of BTS. They have to know. They took Hoseok's laptop," Suga explained.

"How would they know that?" Namjoon asked. 

There was a moment of silence. Jin shook his head, slowly. "No. No. He wouldn't." 

"There's no other way they could have known," Suga replied. "They show up a couple days after?" 

"No!" Jin stood and glared at Suga. "Jungkook would not do that. He wouldn't say anything." 

"We don't want to believe that, but what if they forced it out of him?" Hoseok said. "There's no telling what's being done to him."

Jin shook his head again. "No. He's strong. He wouldn't betray us." 

The group fell silent, tension and uncertainty filling the air. Jin crossed his arms, and Taehyung stood, resting a hand on Jin's arm. "We need to get him out there soon. If he did say something, then we are definitely running out of time. None of us want to believe this, but their apartment is compromised. It's only a matter of time before yours is too...and then the safe house...." 

Jin stared at Taehyung for a long moment, before nodding his head once. He sat back on the couch, and ran a hand through his hair. Hoseok sighed. "So, which rooms can we use?" 

****

A/N: well this chapter didn't really go the way I wanted it to sooo I apologize if it isn't that great, I just wanted to put another member's perspective in here! I may still edit this chapter when I am ready to post the next one, but I will let you know when that happens! 

Perspectives from the others will be happening more often now that all six members are staying the safe house. The next one will be better I promise!