Taehyung (EDITED)

Not Today

He hadn't wanted to split up.

It seemed like such a bad idea, but they had a lot of ground to cover with little time to do so. BTS watched as their safe house burned down to nothing, the sky filling with heavy, black smoke. They knew they should keep moving, but none of them could will their bodies into motion. When, at last, the sun hung high in the sky, Jin stirred into action. He reminded them of the storage, though only he and Suga knew where it was. They would take Namjoon and they would grab any weapons they could carry, as well as send out a message to the sympathizers:

BTS was going to bring down NO.

Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jimin were tasked with getting as many people involved as possible. It was going to be tricky, since there were spies everywhere, but NO wasn't familiar with Jimin and Taehyung, and as long as Hoseok kept to himself, he would be fine. It still didn't make Taehyung feel any better. Splitting up meant they were that much more vulnerable. He wouldn't even know if something happened to Jin until it was too late.

As Jin prepared to leave with Suga and Namjoon, Taehyung leaned in close, his hand finding Jin's. It was such a comfort to hold his hand, and Taehyung wished he could hold on forever. "You'd better not get yourself killed, or I'll bring you back to life and kill you myself."

Jin smirked and shook his head. "I can say the same to you." He drew Taehyung in and kissed him deeply. "Please be careful." It was so passionate, Taehyung couldn't get it out of his head.

Taehyung, Jimin, and Namjoon never really went into the city. There was no point, and it was too dangerous. The others brought them what they needed, and honestly, it felt nice to be away from towering structures, and spies. Taehyung was tense, and so was Jimin. The maknae's eyes darted back and forth, and he bit his lip, nervously. Of all of them, Jimin was the one who hadn't left the safe house. In fact, they had found him there even, so who knew how long he'd been cooped up in the warehouse. It had only been a few years since NO's occupation, but it felt a lifetime ago. Taehyung could only wonder at what Jimin was thinking now, being within the city after so long. When Hoseok brought them to a stop in a shaded alleyway, Taehyung reached out and rested a hand on his dongsaeng's shoulder assuredly.

"You okay?" he asked.

Jimin nodded, though his face was pale. "Good. Just a bit weird, being back in the city."

Taehyung couldn't agree more. He was anxious to get out of the city, and right into the lion's den. They were setting themselves up for a suicide mission, but he wouldn't let those thoughts in. Not yet.

Hoseok gestured to the park across the street. "That's the perfect spot."

People roamed about for lunch, and to escape the insufferable heat of the buildings. Taehyung's stomach twisted. A lot of their supporters were unknown, so BTS had to make themselves known. It was risky, but necessary. They could round up as many supporters as possible, hopefully creating a big enough distraction for BTS to slip into the facility. Taehyung prayed it would work. 

Jimin hung back, as lookout and to keep out of sight. Hoseok and Taehyung slipped out of the shadows of the alley, and into the park. They had stolen some bandanas, which they wrapped firmly around their faces. They also managed to salvage some spray paint. The hard part was going to be gathering enough supporters before the Shadows arrived. Taehyung glanced around the park, looking for easy exits. Jimin was told to run at the first sign of trouble; to head straight for their rendezvous spot. The maknae had argued about it, to the point that he agreed begrudgingly. Taehyung hoped the younger boy wouldn't do anything stupid. They didn't need any more losses. 

Hoseok and Taehyung used the spray paint to write a slogan on the low cement wall lining the park. Then they glanced at each other, and stepped up onto the wall. Their disguises, and odd movements instantly caught an audience. People stared, some whispered to each other, while others' eyes lit up in understanding. So far, no one moved to fetch the Shadows. 

Taehyung swallowed. This was it. He took in a deep breath, closed his eyes, and focussed. He had no idea what he was going to say, but he had to say something. All those eyes on them, expecting something. "Citizens of South Korea! You all know who we are. We are your voice, your symbol of freedom. We need your support! We fight for a cause, to take down the New Order, once and for all. We have knowledge, of a facility, not too far from the city limits. Where all your loved ones were sent to, imprisoned, killed." Hoseok tensed beside him, but Taehyung kept speaking. More people were trickling out of nearby shops. "Join us in this fight. We are all in this together, and if we stand together, we can bring NO to their knees and cast them out of our great country."

Dark forms flickered in the alleys. Taehyung cursed inwardly. The Shadows had been called. He had to make this quick. The people watched him hungrily, searching for more answers. "If you want the chance to see if your loved ones are still alive, join us at the coordinates below. There is no need to be afraid anymore, we can fight back and win!" 

The Shadows pushed through the crowd. Hoseok leapt off the wall, Taehyung following close behind. They darted through the park quickly. They'd have to go the long way around to meet up with Jimin. Hopefully they would lose the Shadows quickly. 

"Touching speech," Hoseok called out. "Think it worked?" 

Taehyung didn't answer for a moment. It had to work, but it was hard to go against a powerhouse like NO. But if Jin was optimisstic, so was Taehyung. He'd support Jin no matter what. "I hope so, Hoseok. I hope so." 

**On the wall Taehyung and Hoseok had stood, were two small sentences, that the audience now clustered around to read. 

BTS WILL FIGHT. BTS WILL WIN.**

****

A/N: Another one down! The chapters are going to have a lot of open ended endings because I rather enjoy keeping y'all on the edges of your seats ;P hehe. So I hope you continue to enjoy, please comment/vote and I thank-you all for tuning in!