Suga

Not Today

Jin and Suga left Namjoon behind at the hospital. They had set up radios to use, and Namjoon would be responsible for monitoring NO and their movements. At the moment, the facility was predictably well defended. BTS had just outed the secret building, and now they were expecting a retaliation. Suga and Jin moved swiftly through the city, racing against the curfew sirens. Their annoucement looped over a few times before NO finally figured out how to shut them down. Hopefully it had reached enough people to make a difference. 

It was when they reached the city centre, that they instantly noticed something was off. There were too many people out this close to curfew, and they were all heading in the same direction. Exchanging a glance, Jin and Suga followed the crowd, curiosity striking them. What they saw left them speechless.

A crowd had amassed outside NO Headquarters. And not a small group either. It looked like the majority of the city had showed up, shaking fists, demanding explanations, demanding that NO release their loved ones. Some held weapons they had made themselves, or kitchen knives, or rocks. Some held nothing at all, but they all stood facing NO with the same determination.

At the entrance stood a wall of Shadows with barrier shields. Jin stared at the scene, his heart swelling. But they needed something else to propel them forward, they were waiting for the word to surge forward. Before Suga could stop him, Jin darted through the crowd, weaving his way through to the front line. When he broke free, he spotted a car and hopped onto it. It was a risky move, so close to the Shadows and NO, but it was now or never. They should all know the leader of BTS, they should all see the person who started a revolution. He waved his hands and called out to the mass. As if the crowd knew, they fell silent, and stared at Jin. For a moment, he didn't know what to say. He scanned the crowd, and something washed over him. The only way to save Jungkook, to save Korea was to fight with their people. Suga broke through the crowd, saw the leader's look, and shook his head, mouthing the word "no." But Jin had their attention, and if they wanted to save Jungkook, maybe this was for the best. He turned to face the building and raised his hands. 

"I think it's time we've officially met!" he called out, "you wanted the leader of BTS, and I come with a message!" He raised his fist. "We will tear you down!" He dropped his hand and leapt off the car.

"Jin no!"

Suga's voice drowned out as the mass surged on the building and the Shadows, Jin at their lead. Suga resisted the wave that pushed him forward. This wasn't part of the plan. He swam against the current, searching anywhere for Jin. A gunshot fired, and the crowd buckled in a moment of panic, but it only fuelled their drive. Suga reached the edge of the crowd, and whirled around. "Jin!" 

Windows shattered, as the crowd broke through the Shadow wall. The Shadows might have been strong, but they were outmatched by a crowd of angry citizens. Suga scrambled to grab his radio. 

"Namjoon, can you reach Jin?" he asked, as a scream tore through the air. A fire had started near the building. 

"No. What's going on?" 

Suga cursed, then stuffed the radio back into the pouch. He'd have to plunge back into the crowd. He couldn't leave Jin. 

Suddenly, it was like the crowd deflated. Everyone stopped moving, and stared. It was easier to get through the crowd, but Suga's heart pounded against his chest, fearing the worst. When he made it, and pushed the last rioter out of the way, the scene before him made his skin run cold. 

There was an old man standing at the entrance to the building. Next to him stood a very familiar face. Jungkook looked like hell. His cheeks were sunken in, his eyes bruised. He could barely stand, needing the support of a Shadow. He didn't seem to notice Suga, his attention fully on the person standing before them. Jin. But there was something weird about Jungkook, something not quite right. 

Suga grabbed his radio. "Namjoon. Get the others to the NO Headquarters. Now."

A Shadow suddenly appeared in front of Suga, and he grabbed Suga's wrist, making him drop the radio. He struggled, but was pulled up next to Jin. No one stopped them this time. Jin stared at Jungkook, his expression heartbroken. Closer now, Suga could see why he felt there was something weird about Jungkook. One eye was brown. The other was silver.

"Ah, another one," the old man said, eyes resting on Suga. "They just keep appearing." He snapped his fingers and the Shadow brought Jungkook forward. "I believe he is what you're really looking for, isn't it? You're little stunts have really hindered our progress, but fortunately, it didn't all go to waste. Jungkook, if you'd be so kind."

An internal struggle flashed across Jungkook's features. He was fighting whatever it was that he was supposed to do. Out of the corner of his eye, Suga saw Jin's jaw tense. Whatever they had done to Jungkook, it wasn't enough to completely wash him away. They had been interrupted. That explained why only one of Jungkook's eyes was silver. The Shadow supporting Jungkook passed him something that made Suga's heart sink. A gun. Not a stun gun the Shadows were known to use either, but an actual gun with bullets. Jungkook held the gun, trembling, but he kept his hand down. The Shadow let go, and though Jungkook stumbled a bit, he stayed on his feet. The old man sighed and grabbed the maknae's wrist. 

"Do as I say," he hissed. 

Jungkook swallowed, then his hand slowly rose, gun pointing, not at Jin, but at Suga. Suga froze, and lifted his hands. "Hold on, Jungkook...." 

"Jungkook, drop it," Jin pleaded. "This isn't you, please..." 

"The only way you will learn is the hard way," the old man sighed, "I can't just slap you on the wrists and let you go free again. That's not how this works. You started a riot, you put people's lives in danger. You will not win against the will of NO, Jin. But I will let you live, knowing that you have the blood of your friend on your hands. And what better way to met out this justice than by the hands of your little brother." The old man rested a heavy hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "He might not be fully programmed yet, but he is still programmed to listen to orders. 

Jungkook looked pleadingly at Jin. He pressed a hand against his temple. "Hyung, I can't...." 

"You can. You can fight it, you're stronger than you think," Jin said slowly.

"Shoot him!" the old man snarled.

Jungkook's eyes snapped to Suga, and his grip was more confident around the gun. Suga trembled, but he kept his eyes on Jungkook. If he was going to die, then he was going to die fighting for what he believed in. He his lips, as Jungkook's broken, mismatched eyes peered into his. 

"I'm so sorry, hyung," Jungkook whispered, his finger pulling the trigger. There was a loud pop, and Suga closed his eyes, as Jin lunged at him. 

****

A/N: A cliffhanger!! I am so sorry (#sorrynotsorry). Enjoy! 

Also, if you haven't yet, please check out my new story, Blood Sweat and Tears! Only one chapter atm, but I am currently working on the next one ^^