Taehyung

Not Today

The city was in an uproar. People were in a frenzy, and rumours were spreading. NO Headquarters had been attacked, and the Director of NO's Seoul sector had been shot. Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin were waiting at the meet up point, when Namjoon found them. Jin was late, and Taehyung was getting worried. And people were running about, taking down any patrolling Shadows. They didn't want to leave, but it was getting dangerous. People were getting into fights, the Shadows were being overpowered. 

Namjoon rounded the corner and spotted the trio instantly. He jogged over to them, and the expression on his face alerted Taehyung that something was wrong. "What is it?"

Namjoon ran a hand through his dyed hair, and then shrugged his shoulders. He looked worried. "I have no idea. Suga reached out on the radio, telling me to get you guys and go to NO's HQ. Then his radio cut out and I haven't been able to get in contact with him since. Jin either." He wrung his hands. "I have a bad feeling...." 

Taehyung sprang to his feet, Jimin and Hoseok following suit. He let Hoseok lead the way, and they charged through the masses, heads down, and avoiding any overly crowded areas. They didn't need any more trouble. All the while, Taehyung's thoughts ran away from him. All the worst case scenarios. He didn't want to think like that, but his stomach churned and he knew something was wrong. He just hoped he was wrong. 

By the time they arrived, NO Headquarters was on fire. People cheered, hugging one another, crying, laughing.  BTS wanted to take down NO, and they had succeeded, better then they had anticipated. Maybe succeeded too well. Taehyung scoured the area, trying to see Jin. The crowd had thinned, spanning out around the building and drifting off into the city, but it was still difficult to see with the smoke. The boys pressed their sleeves to their mouths and noses, and fanned out. Jin was there, somewhere. 

Jimin was the one who found them. 

They were sitting behind an abandoned vehicle, shielded from the brunt of the fire. Suga slumped over someone, and though he could only see the back of his head, Taehyung knew it was Jungkook. His first thought was elation. Jungkook was alright. He was alive. Suga's cheeks were stained with soot and tears. Why would he be crying?

Taehyung's steps slowed as they approached them. The world tilted as he realized who they were leaning over. He felt someone grab him and hoist him upright, though his vision narrowed, and he couldn't tell who it was. Suga looked over and his eyes widened in surprise. Jin's head was lying in Suga's lap, and it looked like Jin was napping. That's all he was doing. Sleeping. If it wasn't for the pool of blood, and Suga's blood stained clothes, Taeyhung might have believed it. Taehyung broke from whoever held him and he staggered forward, collapsing beside Jungkook. He reached out with a trembling hand and shook Jin. He leaned over and kissed Jin's cold lips, shivering at the lifeless touch. As if feeling the mood, rain started to fall. It started out lightly, but in a matter of seconds it was pouring. The fire was still blazing, but it was simmering slowly. The protesters scattered, the rain washing them and their fight away. 

"Wake up," Taehyung whispered. Jin's eyes stayed closed. "Wake up Jin! Don't leave me!" The last sentence came out as a sob. He grabbed Jin's shirt and shook him again. "Jin!" 

Someone grabbed him and pulled him away, but he fought back. He reached out for Jin, he wanted nothing more than to hold Jin, but the embrace tightened, and he realized it was Jungkook. 

"Hyung I'm sorry," the maknae sobbed, burying his head into Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung stopped fighting. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook and shook his head.

"It's not your fault," Taehyung muttered. His chest hurt. "It's not your fault...." 

Jungkook pulled away and lifted his gaze. Taehyung froze. "It is my fault. All my fault." One eye was brown. The other was silver. The same silver colour all the other Shadows had. "I tried to fight it...I tried not to...." Jungkook looked down at Jin before squeezing his eyes shut. "I couldn't go against the Order." 

"You did this?" Taehyung whispered. Jungkook nodded. "You're one of them?!" 

Suga reached for Taehyung, but Taehyung shrugged him off. He tackled Jungkook, his fist connecting with Jungkook's jaw. Jungkook fell back, and propped himself up on his elbows, Taehyung was quicker. He pinned Jungkook and swung his fist again, and again. Jungkook did nothing to fight back, but when Taeyhung went to swing again, someone grabbed his arm and yanked him off. 

"Enough!" Suga snapped. He pulled Taehyung to his feet, as Jimin and Hoseok helped Jungkook up. They were all soaked, and Taehyung realized just how cold he felt. His teeth chattered, but he ignored it. He lunged at Jungkook again, but Suga held him back. "Stop, Taehyung. Jin didn't want this!" Taehyung stopped struggling. With his hair in his face, Jungkook almost looked normal again. The youngest kept his eyes on the ground. Suga kept a firm grip on Taehyung but continued. "He told me.... He didn't want anyone to hate Jungkook for this. It wasn't his fault. He had no control." 

"He killed him!" Taehyung screamed. Jungkook winced. 

"And Jin forgave him." 

Suga slowly let go of Taehyung. "Jin said that if he didn't make it, to take care of Jungkook. We should at least honour that last request right?" 

Taehyung glared at Jungkook, but he knew Suga was right. It wasn't Jungkook's fault. But just because Jin forgave him, didn't mean Taehyung would. At least, not yet. He nodded and returned to Jin's side. Jin's shirt clung to him, his hair was soaked, but all the soot and blood had washed away. He looked so peaceful, finally. His fight was over. Taehyung leaned down and kissed his forehead, his tears mixing with the rain. Hoseok and Jimin helped hoist Jin onto Suga's back. They would have a proper burial for him. Taehyung brushed his wet hair back and glanced back at Jungkook, who watched him nervously. It was going to be a long process, but Taehyung would honour Jin's final wish. 

****

A/N: Okay. NOW I'm gonna go hide from you guys. Please know that this chapter was hard for me to write!! I literally had to stop and watch a bunch of mvs just to cheer me up. It hurt me just as much as I'm sure it hurts you T-T