Namjoon

Not Today

There was one last place they had. It was a small storage space, for things they didn't want to keep in the safe haven. Suga had been the one to suggest it, in the off chance the safe house was compromised. The storage held some files, a laptop, and some weapons. There were only two members in BTS who knew about the storage: Jin and Suga. Namjoon would load information and videos onto a USB drive, and then Suga would take it to the storage and upload it. It was the safest place to release their videos, and to release whatever information they were able to collect from NO. Namjoon was excited to finally see where they stored everything, even though he tried to keep it off his face. It helped that his hand throbbed from when he punched the wall. Thankfully, it had been made of tightly packed dirt, but still. His knuckles were red, swollen, and bruising. It wasn't broken, but it hurt like hell. He focussed on the pain and not the excitement. 

They moved through the city quickly and quietly. Namjoon rarely entered the city, it didn't feel right anymore. Too many Shadows patrolling, too many eyes watching. He stuck close to Suga, shoulders hunched and head bowed. If NO knew what they looked like, it wouldn't make much difference if they were caught. But he made himself look as inconspicious as possible. He hoped Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok were alright. They had separated to go find sympathizers. Fortunately, there were plenty within the city limits. 

The hospital loomed into sight. Namjoon raised his eyebrows as Suga and Jin stopped at the corner of the alleyway. The storage was in the hospital? It was true that NO never bothered with the hospital, leaving it to be run by the doctors. Most of the doctors despised NO because of the restrictions they put on medication. So they were sympathetic towards BTS' cause. It was because of this that Hoseok and Suga managed to get jobs there. And it was possible Jin and Suga bought out the director in order to store stuff in the one building with the smallest amount of NO presence. 

But there were spies within the hospital walls. And, NO was on the hunt, because about half a dozen Shadows patrolled the front of the medical building. There might be more inside. No doubt they were expecting Hoseok and Suga to return to work, and would nab them as soon as they entered. Namjoon cursed under his breath, as Suga ran a hand through his hair with frustration, and Jin slumped against the wall. 

"What are we going to do now?" Namjoon whispered, eyeing the Shadows nervously. "They probably have more in the back...." 

"And all possible entrances," Suga added. 

Jin stared at the hospital, thinking. Two doctors approached the hospital entrance, were stopped by Shadows, then once they were checked, they were let inside. An ambulance was parked off to the side, with two paramedics in the front. Even from where Namjoon stood, he could see how nervous they were with all the Shadows. 

"They have to know what Suga looks like, and probably myself. That leaves you, Namjoon." 

Namjoon's face paled. "Me? Why don't I like the sound of this?" 

Jin gestured to the ambulance. "You need to fake an injury or something, and go to the ambulance. Once inside, go find the director and figure out a way to smuggle us in."

"Shouldn't be too hard," Suga smirked. "You might end up hurting yourself on the way there." 

Namjoon rolled his eyes and lifted his swollen hand. "Too late. Happened back in the tunnels. Probably should get it bandaged up."

Jin's lips twitched in an actual smile, while Suga just shook his head. "Get going then."

Namjoon nodded nervously, then slipped out of the alley, holding his wrist tightly against his abdomen. He kept his eyes on the ambulance, but he was very aware of the Shadows, who watched him with rapt attention. He hunched his shoulders again, making himself look as small and injured as possible. When he came up to the window, the paramedic rolled down the window with a flicker of annoyance. 

"Shillyehamnida," Namjoon said quietly. Excuse me. "I hurt my wrist, and was wondering if a doctor could take a look at it?" 

The paramedic looked at his partner, before turning back to Namjoon. "You can just walk into the hospital." 

Namjoon let his eyes flicker nervously over to the Shadows. "I...I don't...."

Understanding lit up the paramedic's face. Fear of the Shadows was a valid concern shared by all. "Right. Okay, we'll you in."

It worked! Namjoon bowed and muttered thank-you as the paramedics slipped out of the ambulance. The one he had been speaking to checked his hand quickly, pursed his lips, and then led Namjoon to the entrance, his partner following behind. Namjoon's heart pounded against his chest as the Shadows all turned to the trio with eerie precision. Silver eyes pierced through them, and Namjoon's steps faltered. Luckily the paramedic was helping him otherwise Namjoon would have fallen. One of the Shadows stepped up to the trio and held out his hand. 

"Step out of the way," the paramedic demanded with surprising force. "This boy hurt his hand, it could be broken. He needs to see a doctor." 

The Shadow stared at Namjoon, who knew he looked as bad as he felt. It worked in his favour, but he was definitely going to make his hyungs pay for this later. A second later, the Shadows parted and let them through. Relief flooded through Namjoon as he let the paramedics lead him inside. As predicted, there were no Shadows inside the building. As soon as the doors closed behind them, the paramedic glanced down at Namjoon and crossed his arms. 

"Don't know why you wanted in here so badly, but your hand is fine. It just needs to heal." The paramedic leaned in and lowered his voice. 

Namjoon blinked back surprise and then nodded. "Gomabseubnida.Thank-you. 

He watched the paramedics retreat back to their ambulance before turning back to the hospital. There was a nurse at the front desk who stared at him with eyebrows raised. Slowly, he approached the desk, wondering how he should go about this. He had no idea who could be trusted, but he had to find the Director quickly. 

"Shillyehamnida," he said, "I'm looking for the Director." He glanced over his shoulder. "It's really important."

"Is he expecting you?" she asked, eyes narrowing. 

Namjoon shook his head. "No...but he's a... family friend. Thought I'd come by and say hello." 

She didn't look convinced, and Namjoon had a feeling this wasn't going to work. He bit his cheek, deliberating, then leaned in close. If she was a spy, he would be turned in instantly. But he had to hope she was a sympathizer. "Please...this is for BTS." 

Her eyes widened, and Namjoon swallowed, waiting for a swarm of Shadows. He took a gamble, a huge one. The swarm never came. Instead, the nurse picked up a phone and dialled a number. She waited as it rang, then told the reciever on the other end that a special guest was here to see the Director. Namjoon couldn't contain his relief. He rested his forehead against the counter, smiling, thanking whoever was out there for the of luck.

****

A/N: Namjoon's chapter is up! Pretty happy with this one, I hope you are as well! Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts ^^