Watchdog - Final

Watchdog

Sunggyu closed his eyes for a brief moment before opening them again.

Though Sunggyu remained silent, Woohyun knew the answer.  "Was it the doctor, Dongwoo?"

There was a moment of silence.

"For someone suffering such a beating, your injuries should have been serious but when he checked you, he said that there was no internal damage," Sunggyu finally spoke.  "Meaning, despite being wounded like that, you knew how to defend yourself to avoid serious injury."

Woohyun lowered his head upon hearing Sunggyu's reply.

"Is this the reason why you got close to me?" Sunggyu asked.  "Because I am your target?"

Woohyun raised his head and looked at Sunggyu as if wanting to say something but after a moment's hesitation, he remained silent.

"Answer me, Woohyun.  Just tell me that it's not true," said Sunggyu, almost pleadingly.

"It's true," Woohyun replied without hesitation.

"Then we can't let you live," said Hoya as he stepped forward, about to strike Woohyun down.

"Stop!" Sunggyu shouted out.

Hoya halted at his command.  "If you let him go, he will report back to his superiors and we're all done for."

"That's right," Woohyun agreed, much to everyone's surprise.  "It's best that you kill me."

Hoya was all too happy to oblige but Sunggyu stopped him.

"Leave us," Sunggyu ordered.

The three seemed reluctant to obey but in the end, they walked out the door, leaving Sunggyu and Woohyun to confront each other.

Sunggyu took a few steps towards Woohyun and stood facing him.  "I just want to ask one thing," he said.  "Was making me fall in love with you just part of your mission?"

Woohyun looked at him in surprise.  "I..."

They stood staring into each other's eyes.

"If it is, then you can report back that I am the leader of the vigilantes," said Sunggyu as he slowly made his way out the door.  "But leave the others out of this."


The old man behind the desk read the documents before letting out a sigh.  "So the tip off was a lie?"

"Yes Sir," he replied.  "He had a personal vendetta against commander Kim Sunggyu and intended to frame him."

The old man nodded.  "That's a relief.  I can't imagine the chaos if the commander of the police force was taking the law into his own hands."

He hesitated a moment before placing an envelop in front of the old man.

"What's this?" the old man asked.

"My resignation letter."


As he walked along the streets, he felt someone tugging at his sleeve.  He stopped and looked down to see a little boy beside him. 

"Are you Woohyun?" the little boy asked.

He seemed hesitant to respond, wondering who the little boy was.  "Yes."

The little boy smiled and handed him a piece of paper.  "This is for you."

He looked at the paper and saw the familiar names of those he once knew from the orphanage.  Beside each name was an address.  There was only one person who he had told about this.  "Who gave you this?"

"A man," the boy replied.

Woohyun glanced around.  "Where is he?"

The boy pointed down the street.

Woohyun immediately ran in the direction that the little boy had indicated.  He looked around the place but did not see the person he was looking for.  He had been searching over a month for the older man but it seemed that Sunggyu was avoiding him.  He had waited for Sunggyu at the gates of the police headquarters, only to be told by Hoya that Sunggyu had resigned as commander.  He even went to Sunggyu's house only to find Myungsoo and Sungyeol who had refused to tell him anything.  He even visited the clinic but Dongwoo had said he had no idea where Sunggyu went.

Woohyun continued searching even as the grey clouds rolled in.  The streets soon became empty as the rain started to pour.  He stood alone under the pouring rain, drenched from head to toe.

"So you hate me this much," said Woohyun in despair.

"I don't hate you," he heard a voice say.

His eyes lit up upon hearing the voice.  He turned around to see the familiar figure standing there, holding the umbrella over both their heads.

"I love you."

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

I'm sure we can all guess who that was at the end, right?

Hope you all had fun.  Thanks for reading.