Watchdog - Chapter 14

Watchdog

"He's out cold," reported one of the men.  "What do you want us to do with him?"

"Whatever you like," came the reply on the other line before ending the call.

The man looked at the unconscious figure on the floor.  "Boys, it's time for some real fun now," he announced to the rest of the group with a grin on his face.  "Get in line.  I'm first."

The group grumbled while the man dragged the unconscious figure into the bedroom and closed the door.

The man threw the unconscious figure onto the bed before stripping him.  He proceeded to climb onto the bed and positioned himself, ready to claim his reward until he heard the screaming voices outside the room.  Before he could react, the bedroom door flung open and there stood a figure with a blood stained sword in his hand.

Sunggyu's eyes burned with rage when he saw an unconscious Woohyun lying on the bed with a man hovering over him.  He glared angrily at the man.  "How dare you?"

Sunggyu gripped the sword in his hand and rushed towards the man, plunging the blade through the man's body.  Unable to contain his anger, Sunggyu twisted the sword again and again.  The man let out an agonising scream as Sunggyu continued to inflict as much pain as he could.  It was only when the man's screaming finally came to an end did Sunggyu finally pull out his sword as the man's lifeless body fell to the floor.

Sunggyu took a couple of deep breaths to calm himself before he turned his attention to Woohyun.  His heart ached when he saw Woohyun covered in blood and bruises.  He took off his jacket and wrapped it over Woohyun's body before gently picking him up in his arms and walking out the door.


The doctor rushed to answer the door when he heard the loud banging.  Upon opening it, he saw Sunggyu carrying an unconscious person in his arms.  Ignoring the surprise look on the doctor's face, Sunggyu walked past him.  The doctor followed.

Sunggyu carried Woohyun into one of the rooms and carefully lay him down on the bed.  He gently the side of Woohyun's face before he looked at the door to see the doctor approaching.

"Let me see him," said the doctor.

Sunggyu nodded and stepped aside while the doctor examined the extent of Woohyun's injuries.

"No broken bones," the doctor announced, much to Sunggyu's relief.  "That's lucky.  It seems his arms and back took most of the impact.  He probably used his arms to protect his head.  I'll clean up his wounds.  They should heal soon enough."

After tending to Woohyun's wounds, the doctor left the room, leaving Sunggyu to stay with Woohyun.  The doctor walked to his office and closed the door before making a call.

"He's back with the boy," the doctor announced.  "Looks like they failed."


"I see."  Hoya ended the call and turned his attention to Sungjong and the other officers who were busy examining the aftermath at the club.

"Sungjong, I'm leaving this place to you," he announced.  "Don't forget to do the report."

Sungjong looked up and saw Hoya walking towards his car.  "What?  Why do I have to do the report?  Where are you going?"

"I have some other matters I need to attend to," he replied.

Sungjong pouted as Hoya drove off.  He sighed.  With this many bodies to go through, it was going to be a long night.


Hoya arrived at Woohyun's apartment to find the front door left wide open.  He stepped inside.  His expression remained stoic even as he was greeted by the bloody sight before him.  All the mercenaries lay dead with slash wounds all over their bodies.  He made his way into the bedroom where he found the man on the floor with a bloody hole in his chest.  Beside the man's body, he found a sword.  He picked up the bloody sword and smiled. 

You're getting careless, Sunggyu.  How far are you willing to go for him?