Watchdog - Chapter 16

Watchdog

"This place is so big!" Woohyun exclaimed as he stepped inside the large house.  It had taken much convincing on Sunggyu's part for him to agree to come and stay at the older man's place.  He was however, surprised by the size of Sunggyu's home.

Sunggyu smiled.  "That's what the brat said too when he first got here and he hasn't left since," he commented.  "I'm hoping you'll be like him and never leave either."

Woohyun paused in silence and looked at Sunggyu as the older man stood in front of him.

"Will you stay with me forever?"  Sunggyu asked, taking a step closer.

Woohyun stared into those sincere eyes.  "I..."

"I love you," Sunggyu whispered before he closed the gap between them with a gentle kiss.

Feeling Sunggyu's lips upon his, Woohyun closed his eyes and let himself be swept away in the heat of the moment.


The sound of his phone ringing woke Sunggyu in the middle of the night.  He opened his eyes and glanced at Woohyun who lay sleeping soundly beside him.  Not wanting to disturb Woohyun, Sunggyu carefully reached for his phone on the bedside table.  He glanced at the name of the caller before answering it.

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun stirred and opened his eyes to see Sunggyu on the phone.  He saw the frown on Sunggyu's face.

"No, I won't allow it," Sunggyu stated angrily.

There was a brief moment of silence as Sunggyu listened to the voice on the other line.  Finally Sunggyu let out a deep sigh.  There was a troubled look upon his face.
"I'll be there shortly," he said before he ended the call and turned his attention to Woohyun.  "Sorry, did I wake you?"

Woohyun sat up and shook his head.  "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing for you to be concerned about," Sunggyu replied.  "Go back to sleep."

Woohyun nodded and lay back down in bed only to see Sunggyu getting out of bed.  "Where are you going?"

"I have to go out for a bit," said Sunggyu.  "I'll be back shortly."

"Be careful," said Woohyun.

Hearing Woohyun's words caused Sunggyu to stop reluctantly.  "Woohyun, I won't let anything happen to you.  I promise.  Do you trust me?"

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with slight confusion, wondering why the older man was saying such words to him.  "Of course I do."

Sunggyu leaned down and placed a tender kiss on Woohyun's forehead.


Woohyun drifted off to sleep but was soon awakened by the sound of the doorbell ringing.  He glanced at the clock and noted the time.  Who could it be at this hour of the night?

The ringing continued.

Cautiously, he made his way to the front door but stood several steps away, afraid to even look through the peephole.  He remained quiet while whoever it was continued to ring the doorbell.

"Woohyun!" he heard the voice call out his name.  "Are you there?  Something's happened to Sunggyu."

At the mention of Sunggyu's name, Woohyun opened the door.  "What's happened to Sunggyu?"

The figure before him smiled.  "He's going to die thanks to you."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Guess who?