Watchdog - Chapter 17

Watchdog

Woohyun regained consciousness some time later to discover that his hands and feet were restrained by rope.  He frantically glanced around the and found himself in what looked like an abandoned warehouse.  He surrounded by a group of rough looking men.  They gave off the same dangerous aura as the group of men who had attacked him in his apartment.  He knew he was in trouble.

"Ah, our star's finally awake," exclaimed a familiar voice.

Woohyun looked at the figure approaching him.  "Why are you doing this?"

The figure seemed amused.  "It's nothing personal.  You seem like a nice guy.  Too bad you got involved with him.  All this time I thought nothing could break him but he seems to care about you."

Woohyun didn't have to guess to know who the figure was talking about.  "What do you want?"

The figure grabbed Woohyun's shirt and ripped it open.  He smiled when he saw the red marks on Woohyun's body.  "Looks like he already got to you first but that's okay. These guys don't mind, do you boys?"

The men laughed.

"Don't worry," the figure whispered beside Woohyun's ear.  "When they're done, they'll release you."  From this world.

The figure walked away as the group of men approached Woohyun.

As the figure approached the door, it burst open, much to his surprise.  Standing there with a sword in his hand and a menacing look in his eyes was Sunggyu.

The figure stepped back in shock.  "What are you doing here?  How did you know?"

Sunggyu stepped inside and saw the group of men surrounding Woohyun.  His eyes burned with rage when he saw Woohyun's state of undress while his hands and feet were bound.  "Get away from him!" Sunggyu ordered sternly.

The figure immediately ran over to Woohyun and placed a gun at his head.  "One move from you and your lover boy here gets a bullet in his head."

Sunggyu remained where he was.

The figure laughed, seeing how obedient Sunggyu was.  "So he is your weakness after all."

"Let him go," said Sunggyu.

"How did you know we were here?" the figure asked, surprised.

Sunggyu remained silent with his eyes fixed on Woohyun.

After a few seconds of silent tension, the figure laughed.  "You're a truly terrifying man, Kim Sunggyu.  To think that you would even use your lover boy here as bait to catch me."

Upon hearing the figure's words, Woohyun's eyes widened with surprise as he looked at Sunggyu, expecting to hear Sunggyu's denial but the older man remained silent.

"Of course, that's to be expected for a man like you," said the figure.  "I know all about what you and your little group of subordinates get up to.  All those unsanctioned missions, isn't it just to kill people?  You may think you're doing this in the name of justice but it's just murder.  That's why you use a sword to kill so you don't leave behind evidence.  Who could ever imagine that the commander of the police force is the leader of the vigilantes?"

Sunggyu glared at the figure.  "It seems you know too much."

The figure smirked.  "I spent these two years investigating you."

"Such dedication," Sunggyu scoffed.  "Are you doing this to uphold the law or is it because of the Yuin clan?"

The figure looked at Sunggyu in surprise.  "How did you know?"

Sunggyu smirked.  "You and your mother lived a harsh life then you found out that your father was the leader of the Yuin clan.  You wanted to escape your poverty stricken life and since he had no heir, you thought you'd make contact with him to let him know about your existence," said Sunggyu, pausing a moment to check the figure's reaction.  "However, the Yuin clan was destroyed before you could do so.  You want revenge, not for the clan which knew nothing of you, but for yourself."

The figure's eyes's burned with rage as he listened to Sunggyu's words.

Sunggyu smirked, seeing the anger in the figure's eyes.  "Am I right, Sungjong?"