CHAPTER 6

FOUR

Jin walked Jisoo home, when they arrived at their door she invited him in, “You want some drinks inside?” she asked smiling.

“Ani, I better get going, the boys are probably home by now,” he politely declined while glancing at his watch checking the time. Just like the girls, the boys too share a house but they prefer to call it dorm. Jisoo nodded in understanding then bid Jin goodbye. Jin kissed her forehead quickly before going then ran away from her, he turned for the last time then waved both his hands to Jisoo, “Annyeong!!!” he said happily while Jisoo giggled and waved back at him.

When Jin was out of her sight, she punched in their house’s code, and went in, “Oh, someone’s alone here,” she said to herself as she noticed only one pair of indoor slipper was gone from their shelf. Jisoo picked out one indoor slipper from the shelf then took off her shoes, “I’m home!!” she announced as she walked her way to their living room and found Rosé watching some drama.

Rosé turned behind her as she heard the voice and some footsteps nearing her, then saw Jisoo approaching the living room, “Oh, unnie? No date?” she asked, Jisoo sat beside her then watched the drama as well, “Opseo, we just went to the library to read for a while,” Jisoo answered, “Where’s Jennie and Lisa?” Jisoo asked.

“Probably still with Tae and Kookie, they went out together,” Rosé answered while continued watching the drama. Jisoo looked at her and asked curiously, “Why didn’t you join them?”

“I just want to go home, besides Tae and Jen in one place with you? Kill me now,” she said that made Jisoo chuckle imagining the two bickering endlessly.

“Well, you’re right though,” Jisoo agreed then suddenly remembered Jimin and Seulgi’s conversation in the library. She still contemplated whether she should tell Rosé about it or not, but she still chose to listen to Jin which was not to tell her yet. Instead, she asked her a different question, “Rosie, can I ask you something? It’s a bit sensitive for you,” she started off carefully.

“Hmm, shoot,” Rosé simply answered.

“Can you tell me again, how did you and Jiminie broke up?” Jisoo asked directly that got Rosé’s attention quickly.

“Well, he cheated,” she responded, hurt still evident.

“Aniya, not that kind of answer. I mean, how did he cheated? How did you know? And with whom?” Jisoo explained bombarding her with questions.

Rosé looked at her curiosly, “Unnie, why are you suddenly curious?”

Jisoo got a little bit taken aback but still maintained her calmness to avoid herself from being suspicious, “Well, I remebered you still didn’t tell us about it in details, when we asked you last time, you also just said that, simple, he cheated,” she reasoned and was hoping that Rosé will buy it. And gladly she did, “Well, alright then,” she faced her unnie to talk to her more easily.

Before their spring break, there was an upcoming Spring Music Festival in their school. They were all just waiting for the event to happen except for Jimin, Jungkook, and Lisa who were part of their dance club in school. They were busy practicing for their performance in the event. Lisa and Jungkook always come home at the same time while Jimin gets to practice more late for he had a solo part in their show that he practiced more.

It was the night before the event that Rosé decided to watch Jimin practice in the school’s dance studio. It was a surprise for Lisa just texted her that Jimin’s gonna be late again. She thought of surprising him by staying with him until he finished his practice. Before going to the studio, she decided to buy him something to drink and eat. After that, she walked her way to the studio, when she got nearer she saw a girl also entered the dance studio.

She just shrugged and continued on walking to the dance studio, it was probably also a member of the dance club. When she arrived at the studio’s door, she felt like that the world stopped spinning when she saw the horrifying scene in front of her. Jimin and the girl who just entered the dance studio were kissing each other. Jimin was holding the girl’s waist while the girl was holding Jimin’s neck.

The bag with the drinks and snacks she was carrying hit the floor that made the two of them pull away from each other. Jimin looked behind him to see who it was, his eyes widened when he saw his girlfriend looking at him with eyes full of disappointment. Rosé looked at the girl to know who it was and felt more hurt when she saw it was Seulgi. His long time friend. When she saw him walking towards her she quickly ran away from the door but Jimin caught her arm then made her look at him.

“It’s not what you think,” he said immediately once he got a hold of her.

Rosé was already in tears, “Of course you’ll say that,” she said angrily.

“Please listen to me, you know she’s only a friend, and it wasn’t me who started it, she just needed some help with the dance, and then it happened, please believe me, it wasn’t me Rosé, please...” Jimin begged tears already rolling on his cheeks.

Rosé shook her head, refusing to believe him, anger and disappointment clouded her mind that she can’t stand to listen to his reasons, “It’s over. We’re over,” she responded firmly then removed his grip from her then walked away leaving Jimin in tears.

Rosé went home and quickly went up to her room. The three of them were surprised when they heard the slamming of Rosé and Lisa's bedrrom door. They quickly went in front of the room and knocked, “Rosie, what’s wrong? Are you mad?” Jennie asked from the outside.

“Yah pasta, open this door now,” Jisoo shouted when Rosé didn’t answer Jennie.

They heard sobs from her room that made them more worried, “I’m sorry... I… just wanted to be… alone right now…” Rosé answered between her sobs.

The three stopped knocking and asking questions when they heard her, “Unnies, come on, let’s just ask her tomorrow,” Lisa told the two that just nodded. They went back to the kitchen and continued eating their dinner.

“So, did my story fed your curiosity, miss?” Rosé asked her unnie jokingly despite the painful story.

So it was Seulgi, that’s why Jimin was begging her to talk to Rosie, but there’s still one thing left unclear... Jisoo thought to herself completely digesting the story that she didn’t hear Rosé’s question.

“Hello? Unnie?” Rosé said while waving her hand in front of Jisoo’s face that caught her attention. Jisoo turned her attention to Rosé, “Oh, deh. I’m sorry, it’s just that, why didn’t you let him explain?” she asked.

“I’m just so mad back there, and so disappointed,” Rosé reasoned and sighed. Jisoo just nodded understanding her friend, she was about to ask more when they heard a phone ringing. They checked both their phones but it wasn’t theirs. They looked behind and found Jennie standing on her spot, not noticing her phone until it just stopped ringing.

“Jennie yah, gwenchana?” Jisoo asked but Jennie didn’t answer still deep in thought, “Yah Kim Jennie!!!” Rosé called out that pulled her out of her trance.

“Oh, neh? I’m home,” Jennie simply answered.

“Are you alright? Is there something wrong?” Jisoo asked worriedly.

“Neh unnie, just a little headache and tired from all the walking,” Jennie answered then sat on the sofa beside the one where was Jisoo and Rosé sitting, “Where’s Lisa? I thought-”

“UNNIES I’M HOME!!!!” someone shouted and they already knew who it was, “Nevermind, there she is,” Rosé continued when Lisa’s shout cut her midway.

“Jen unnie, I saw Taehyung oppa walked by, did he walk you home?” Lisa asked curiously.

“Yeah, he did,” Jennie answered that made the three surprised, because for the first time, their Jen and Tae stood each other for a long time.

“Lisa yah, was Taehyungie okay when you saw him? No bruises or blood?” Jisoo asked teasing Jennie making the two others laugh while Jennie glared at her.

“Yeah, he’s in a good condition, don’t worry,” Lisa answered giggling.

“Yah stop it,” Jennie said giving them death glares but that didn’t stopped them from teasing her as Lisa started telling them stories about Jennie and Taehyung’s argument earlier, “Aish, I’m going to our room,” she announced that the three just nodded.

Seulgi was the reason for their break up? If she likes Jimin, then why is she with Jun earlier? What’s up now? She thought to herself, bombarding her mind with questions. She sighed tiredly and threw herself to her bed. Suddenly, her phone beeped.

‘Yah, gwenchana? (For the nth time) Ani, you seem lost all day. Anyway, I’ll be going home. There’s something on your door, check it out.’

It was from Taehyung. She sat down on her bed, then went downstairs. The other three didn’t notice her for they were busy chatting away. She walked to their front door then looked around, and saw nothing, “Aish, is he fooling me?” she asked herself. She was about to close the door that she looked down and saw a white plastic bag. She picked it up to look what’s inside. Once she opened it, a smile crept up to her lips. She noticed there was a post it note then read what it said.

“Sorry for your ice cream earlier, so here’s my payment,” she read it loud enough for her, “Didn’t know you have this side Kim Taehyung,” she said to herself smiling then went back inside.

“Ah yeppuda,” Taehyung said when he saw her smile while reading the note. He then continued on walking his way home when Jennie closed the door.