CHAPTER 22

FOUR

After all the running, teasing, and yelling at each other, they all finally decided to leave the beach and eat dinner in some restaurant nearby. They walked their way to the van that Jin rented for them, they all hopped in and Jin started driving, while all of them looked out the window in search of a restaurant.

It didn’t take long when Jungkook pointed at a small grilled meat restaurant and they all agreed on eating there. After eating, Taehyung offered their house where they can stay for the the night. After half an hour of driving, they arrived in front of a two–story house, just big enough for a family of five.

When Jin finished parking the van, they all went out of the vehicle, Taehyung led the way followed by Jimin, Jin, and Jungkook. The girls felt shy that they walked all together behind the boys. Taehyung pressed the doorbell just beside the front door, and it didn’t take long when a woman in her mid–40s opened the door with a surprised expression.

“EOMMA!!!!” the boys greeted in unison when Taehyung’s mother opened the door, that smiled widely eventually realizing that it was his son, and his friends that arrived.

“Oh, my boys!!” Taehyung’s mother exclaimed happily as they enveloped her in a group hug, then Taehyung hugged her mother tightly when the other three let go of the hug, his mother responding quickly, “My son, how have you been?” she asked with a soft smile as Taehyung let go of her.

“I’ve been fine, eomma!” Taehyung answered as Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin hugged his mother again, one by one this time, and exchanging some greetings. She have known the boys since they all started going to middle school together in Seoul, and the boys also stayed in their house one time.

The boys were busy chatting with Taehyung’s mother that the girls just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do as the people in front of them seemed to be really caught up with their talking.

But relief washed over them when they suddenly heard Taehyung’s mother giving them attention, “And who are these wonderful ladies?” She asked the boys smiling widely at the girls that eased them making them smile back.

The boys turned to the girls and suddenly felt stupid as they totally forgot about them for a moment. Jungkook was the first one to walk back to where the girls were standing, then held Lisa’s hand, “Eomma, she’s Lisa, nae yeoja chingu,” he introduced proudly to Taehyung’s mother that smiled happily for them.

“Annyeong eomeoni, Lisa–imnida, I’m Thai, actually,” Lisa introduced shyly, and was about to offer her hand for a handshake when suddenly Taehyung’s mother hugged her lightly.

“Nice to meet you dear, I always knew Kookie was into foreigners,” she said then let go of her, “International playboy indeed,” she winked at her that made Lisa chuckle at her remark.

“Eomma!!” Jungkook whined but Taehyung’s mother just made a face teasing him making everyone laugh.

She then turned to the person beside Lisa, “Then who is this goddess looking lady?” she asked.

Jisoo smiled sweetly then bowed lightly, “Jisoo–imnida eomeoni,” she introduced.

“My future girlfriend!!” Jin excitedly said making Taehyung’s mother giggle, then whispered something to Jisoo, “Looks like he’s head over heels for you.”

Jisoo giggled, “I think so too eomeoni,” then winked at her that the older woman chuckled at her playfulness.

“Annyeong eomeoni, Rose–imnida,” Rose introduced as Taehyung’s mother look at her with a soft smile, then showed a surprised expression after hearing her name.

“Omo, another foreigner?” she asked with an amused tone making everyone chuckle.

“Aniyo eomma, she was just born in Australia, but she’s pure Korean, and my girlfriend,” Jimin explained with his bright smile and was surprisingly quick to be beside Rose when she introduced herself.

“Girlfriend? The girlfriend you told me about, when me and Taehyung were on the phone last year?” she asked for confirmation that at the same time amused the girls because of her sharp memory.

“The one and only!” Jimin confirmed and they fist bumped each other, “Nice meeting you dear, you’re as beautiful as a rose like your name,” she complimented that Rose bowed shyly and thanked her.

Then she turned to Jennie who was quiet all this time in a corner, because she felt nervous again in meeting a family member of his, especially now that it’s his mother. Taehyung remembered that Jennie felt nervous meeting his grandmother earlier that he decided to stand beside her and draped his arm around her shoulder then faced his mom, “Eomma, she’s Jennie,” he introduced that Jennie bowed in respect and smiled at his mother politely.

Taehyung’s mother didn’t say anything instead she just looked at them, her face showing anticipation, like she’s waiting for Taehyung to say something else. And as she expected from his son, he didn’t let her down, “Your future daughter in law,” Taehyung added with a wide smile same with his mom.

“Ahhh, that’s what I’ve been wanting to hear!!” his mother squealed, amusing everyone for she doesn’t look and act like her age. She’s a cool mom, they all thought.

Hearing this Jennie blushed hard and her heart was beating rapidly again, “Yah I’m not even your girlfriend yet,” he whispered to Taehyung but before Taehyung could argue Jungkook said something that made her blush more and cover her face from embarrassment.

“YET noona? Meaning the chance is confirmed!” Jungkook announced that made everyone endlessly again.

Taehyung’s mother chuckled then hugged Jennie who was still covering her face, “Yah stop teasing my daughter,” she playfully scold the others that only continued to snicker, “My son’s really good at picking.”

“Right, eomma?” Taehyung boastfully replied.

Jennie removed her hands from her face then hugged Taehyung’s mom back, then the older woman let go of her and looked at her with a sweet smile that she returned, “Pleasure to meet you, Mada–” she was about to say madam but Taehyung’s mother corrected her.

“Eomma,” she said, “Call me eomma, you three girls too, call me eomma.”

Jennie nodded smiling, “Neh, eomma.”

After the greetings and introductions, they all walked inside the house to settle in, and they were greeted by Taehyung’s two younger siblings who quickly jumped on him in excitement. Taehyung hugged his little sister and brother, “I missed you guys!!”

“I missed you too oppa/hyung!” the little ones replied. When Taehyung let go of the hug, he introduced them to the girls that his siblings gladly greeted back and hugged too.

The little Eon Jin walked to Lisa and called her, “Unnie!” the girl greeted that made Lisa really happy and dramatically exclaimed, “I’ve become an unnie, finally!” her unnies laughed at her and jokingly congratulated her as she hugged the little Eon Jin while the boys were now playing with the little Jeong Gyu with his toy cars.

Everyone was busy playing with the two kids when Jisoo excused herself for she needed the restroom. She walked to the kitchen where Taehyung’s mother was preparing snacks for them, she interrupted her for a second to ask where the restroom was, the older woman gladly answered her and once told her the direction she quickly followed it and thanked her.

After doing her business, she washed her hands and was walking her way back to the kitchen to help but suddenly stopped midway when she felt her phone vibrated in her pocket, she fetched her phone then saw that there was message from an unknown number.

She unlocked her phone and what she read made her furrow hey eyebrows in annoyance.

‘I miss you Jisoo–yah. –JYP.’

Only one person she knew with the initials JYP, and it was also her nickname for that person with the intention of teasing him with the CEO of one of the well–known entertainment companies. She just ignored the message and was about to put her phone back to her pocket when it vibrated again. A message from the same unknown number.

‘I’ll get you back Jisoo–yah.’ Unlike the first message, this one made her nervous, and worried for with just that short message, it clearly had the intention of delivering problems.

She was glued to her spot as she started to overthink about that short message. What is he planning to do? Otteoke? She questioned in her mind. She contemplated on whether to tell Jin or not, but she chose not to for she was sure Jin will worry. The riot in her mind were interrupted when she heard a soft voice calling for her, “Jisoo–ah,” she turned to the voice and it was Taehyung’s mom.

She blinked rapidly and forced a smile, “Neh eomma?”

“Would you mind helping me put these on the table?” the older woman kindly asked that she shook her head with a smile then proceeded on picking up the other tray and followed their eomma to the dining table.

“Snacks everyone!” Taehyung’s mom called out as they placed the trays down on the table. All of them went to the dining table and started eating the snacks. Jin went beside her then gave her a glass of juice that she accepted.

“Are you alright?” Jin whispered to her as he noticed that Jisoo was quiet and not interacting with the others.

 “Yes, I’m fine,” she answered Jin with a soft smile hoping to convince him. But she felt nervous when Jin just stared at her and shook his head lightly, “Tell me when you’re ready,” he said gently that she nodded and sighed in defeat.

Everyone was engrossed with talking with each other as they all munched on the delicious snacks their eomma prepared for them, while the two kids returned to the living room and play with themselves. Their conversations were suddenly disturbed by a ringing phone. They all looked around and discovered that it was Lisa’s phone. Lisa picked her phone up and hurriedly excused herself.

She went to the house’s front porch and answered the call, “Yes Mæ̀?” Yes mom? She greeted when she saw that it was her mom calling.
“Lisa, come home next week,” her mom answered on the other line that caused a confused expression on her face.
“Home? In Thailand? Why all of a sudden, Mom?” she asked curiously.
“Your father said so,” she heard her mom sighed. Lisa felt nervous all of a sudden just hearing that it was her father who ordered for her to go home in Thailand.
“W–why?” she stuttered, she and her father were never close that this sudden request of her coming home by him made her nervous, this was probably about something big, she thought.
“You’ll know when you get here, I’m sorry Lisa. Mom can't do anything about it,” her mother apologized that added a lot of confusion to her. Why was her mother apologizing?
“Mom, why are you apologizing?”
“Just come home next weekend, hmm?”
“Okay… I’ll see you then,” Lisa answered as it left her with no choice but to agree on coming back to Thailand to know what’s happening, and feed her curiosity.
After the phone call, she didn’t go back inside yet, instead she thought of the possible reasons why her father wanted her to come home suddenly. She and her father were never in good terms since the day she left Thailand and grabbed the opportunity that was given to her to study in Korea. Her father was really against but despite all of its disapprovals, she still took the opportunity, and she was supported by her mother and older sister.
She sighed and calmed herself down as overthinking started to envelop her. Aish, I’ll just see when I arrived there.