CHAPTER 21

FOUR

"Is that you?” Jennie asked as she pointed to one of the photos inside Taehyung’s grandmother’s grave. The picture that showed a woman with a kid that was smiling widely.

Taehyung looked to where she was pointing and nodded, “Oh, so you always have that boxy smile then,” she concluded, “It’s cute!” she complimented that Taehyung scratched his head, flattered at her sudden confession.

But he recovered quickly as he remembered something, “But Jendeukie, I’m not crying anymore, so you really think I’m cute?” he teased.

“I said your smile is cute, not you,” Jennie fired back then stuck her tongue out to him.

Taehyung chuckled at her cuteness, “Should we go now?” he asked her.

“Are you sure you want to go now? You haven’t visited halmeoni for three years,” she asked back making sure that Taehyung was really satisfied with the time he spent with his grandmother today, she’s worried that he’s still sad.

Taehyung smiled and nodded, “Neh, I could always come back here,” he assured her that she just nodded in understanding, he then faced his grandmother’s picture again and smiled faintly, “Halmeoni, we’ll be going now, don’t worry, I’ll visit you again,” he promised. Jennie also said a short good bye then both of them bowed their heads and silently prayed for his grandmother’s soul.

After that, they walk their way out of the building still holding each other’s hand. Jennie noticed but chose not to react for she thought that it comforts Taehyung, throughout their stay in the Sanctuarium, Taehyung was holding onto her hand for dear life whenever tears spilled out of his eyes.

“Are you sure you want to go now?” she asked again as she observed that Taehyung’s blank expression haven’t changed since they got out of the building.

Taehyung looked at her and smiled softly, “Neh, we’ve been there for almost three hours already, it’s enough, and I could always go back,” he answered, “Besides I wanted to show you something,” he added that poked Jennie’s curiosity.

“What is it?” she asked with furrowed brows.

“You’ll see, let’s go,” he said then pulled her along with him to the nearest bus stop, just in time for the bus arriving. They hopped inside the bus as Taehyung paid for their fare again much to Jennie’s conscience, “Yah, Taehyung–ah, you’ve been spending a lot on this trip,” she said once they settled on the farthest seat.

“Gwenchana, you came all the way here with me though,” he reasoned but Jennie just gave out a sigh, and he knew that she’ll still try to argue.

“But still–”

“Aniya Jennie–ah, consider this as our date, and to think about it I haven’t asked you on a proper date since the day I confessed,” Taehyung said then bowed his head in embarrassment.

Jennie smiled then held his chin and made him face her, “Screw the dates, you were always there for me anyways.”


“So everything’s settled?” Jin asked for the last time before he started driving. They were in front of the girls’ house as all of them agreed on going to Daegu and find Taehyung. When everyone decided, the boys’ quickly went to their rooms to change their clothes and pack their stuff. After that, they went in Jin’s car and drove to the girls’ house to do the same.

“Neh, oppa, the train leaves in an hour,” Rose answered as they all settled inside his car and Jin started driving, “Unnie, should we tell Jennie unnie that we’re going to Daegu?” Rose asked Jisoo who was sitting beside her as Jimin took the passenger’s seat.

“Ani, let’s just let her spend some time with her family,” Jisoo answered that Rose just nodded. After half an hour, they arrived at the station and quickly went out of the car except for Jin as he will drive to the station’s parking lot where cars can be left.

Being the second oldest of the group, Jisoo took the initiative to buy for their tickets as the others waited for Jin outside. It didn’t take long when Jin arrived and Jisoo got their tickets that they made their way to the train.

“So how long is this trip?” Jisoo asked Jin who was sitting beside her.

“I think about two hours,” Jin answered then carefully rested her head on his broad shoulder, “Rest for a while, it’ll be a little long,” he added that Jisoo nodded and tangled her arm with his then leaned on him comfortably as the train started to move.

“I hope hyung’s okay,” Lisa heard Jungkook mumbled, she can feel a mixture of worry and sadness in his tone that she held his hand and squeezed it gently making Jungkook look at her. They were sitting behind Jin and Jisoo.

Lisa smiled lovingly at him, “Don’t worry, I’m sure oppa’s fine,” she assured him that Jungkook smiled back, and kissed her temple that made her close her eyes loving the feeling of being this close to him.

“Why do I feel like Jennie unnie’s not in her cousin’s house but instead somewhere else?” Rose whispered to herself but loud enough for Jimin to hear who was beside her. Their seat was beside Jin and Jisoo’s, an aisle separating them.

“Where could she be then?” Jimin asked curiously that startled Rose a bit for she was sure she was talking to herself again, and her boyfriend was interrupting again. But she just shrugged and turned to him.

“Why do I feel like she’s with Taehyung?”

“You’re overthinking, again,” Jimin pointed out.

“I know but I really have a strong feeling,” Rose still argued, sticking to her guts.

“Stronger than your love for me?” Jimin asked teasingly, and to prevent her from overthinking.

“Yah, too cheesy!” she complained pouting that made him chuckle and pinch her cheeks, “Anyway, didn’t she tell you herself that she was at her cousin’s?” Jimin asked.

“Yes. It wasn’t tell actually, it was a text,” she corrected.

“Whatever, it’s the same thing,” Jimin argued back.

But she won’t let her guard down, “Whatever, your height’s still short.”

“Yah!”


When the bus was nearing the fourth stop, Taehyung slightly nudged Jennie who was taking a nap beside him, her head leaning on his shoulder, “Jennie, we’re here,” he said while nudging Jennie and fortunately, she woke up easily. She stretched her arms and lifted her head up from his shoulder as Taehyung stood up and held his hand out to her that she gladly took.

When the bus stopped they went down and again Taehyung pulled her with him as they walked to an alleyway. She just followed him and didn’t bother to ask where they are going for she already asked for a lot of times and he just always answered her with, “Just trust me,” that left her with no choice but to do so.

As they walked further the alleyway, she could hear waves of water splashing, and just a little more steps, they arrived at a beach. She looked around with wide eyes, she was really suprised for just earlier they were in an alleyway and now she’s facing an ocean, “Woah, we’re on a beach,” she said smiling.

“Chaaaaaan! We’re just in time for sunset,” Taehyung said proudly then focused on the sun setting far away from them. The sun reflecting on the water, the sky was turning into a shade of orange, pink, and purple, making a wonderful combination that made it more beautiful.

“Beautiful,” Jennie whispered as she watch as the sun sets before her eyes.

“Yes, beautiful,” Taehyung said looking at Jennie who was smiling while watching the sunset. Jennie turned her head to Taehyung just in time to catch him turning his gaze away from her. She secretly blushed as she guessed that when Taehyung said those words he was looking and pertaining to her. Flattered. She smiled.

Taehyung felt embarassed as Jennie almost caught him staring at her. He can’t help it for she was really beautiful especially when she’s smiling like that and the wind blowing her hair away from her face, letting him see her face clearly. And he felt very happy for he watched the sunset with her while holding her hand. He felt that he had accomplished something.

“Taehyung-ah,” Jennie called out that he turned his head to her waiting for her to continue what she was about to say, “Thank you for letting me witness something beautiful,” she sincerely said as she felt really happy watching the sunset.

Taehyung smiled at her, the smile that could melt every human’s heart, “Thank you for being with me today, beautiful,” he winked at her then held both her hands tightly and kissed her knuckles. Jennie just watched him with a sweet smile and blushing cheeks. He called me beautiful.

Jennie giggled and cupped his face as they just stare at each other for a while, both were smiling lovingly at each other.

But the comfortable silence around them were interrupted when they heard a very familiar voice, “And here we thought you were at Jin Woo oppa’s.”

They turned to the direction of the voice then saw that it was their friends. The one who spoke was Jisoo, behind her was Jin, Jimin, Lisa, Rose, and Jungkook who was smiling from ear to ear at them as they probably saw their sweet staring contest.

“What are you guys doing here?” Jennie asked.

“Yah Jennie Kim, you said you were at Hongdae,” Jisoo repeated, ignoring her question, Jennie could see that Jisoo was a little pissed at her lying.

“Uhm… I’m sorry?” she said innocently.

“JENNIE KIM!!” and that was her cue to run for her life, “Oops, gotta go!” she told Taehyung then let go of him and runaway from Jisoo who was already chasing her.

“Yah Rose, you said she has cramps!” Lisa exclaimed as she remebered what Rose told them during their lunch break.

“Uhm… I’m sorry too?” Rose also said with same innocent tone as Jennie.

“PARK CHAEYOUNG!!” then Rose also run away from her as the younger chased after her. She run where Jennie was, when she caught up with her, they held hands and run away from Jisoo and Lisa together. They laughed at the other two girls’ angry expressions and constant yelling of their full names with so much rage.

“Aish, look at them fighting,” Jin said as they watched the girls chase each other. They all laughed when Lisa and Jisoo finally caught up to Jennie and Rose. They saw Lisa lifted Jennie up then was about to throw her to the water, and Jennie’s threat made them burst out to laughter, “LALISA MANOBAN I SWEAR TO GOD I’LL PAINT YOUR HAIR BLACK IF YOU THROW ME THERE!!!”

“Hey guys,” Taehyung greeted them that took away their attention from the girls who were running around like little kids. They greeted Taehyung back with a big group hug.

“Mianhe for forgetting,” Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook said in unison as they suffocate him with their tight group hug.

“Yah I can’t breathe!” Taehyung exclaimed that made them let go of him and asked him if he was okay. Taehyung chuckled at their expressions, “What’s with those expressions?” he asked in a teasing way but his friends kept the sad pouting expression.

“Hyung, we’re sorry we left you and forgot about halmeoni’s memorial,” Jungkook apologized, that Jin and Jimin just nodded in agreement as if saying that they wanted to say the same thing.

Taehyung chuckled then ruffled his hair, “Yah gwenchana! Jennie was there anyways,” he said with a wide smile that turned the other three’s faces from a puppy face to a smug smiling expressions.

“You and Jennie, eh?” Jin teased but Taehyung still kept his wide smile. They then decided to approach the girls when they saw them calmed down and were lying down on the sand.

Jin walked to Jisoo and pulled her up from the sand, the other three followed suit. Then Jin turned to Rose and Jennie, “Rose and Jennie nice acting by the way!!” he told them that made them laugh as they remembered what they did during their class.

“Acting?” Jisoo and Lisa asked at the same time.

Jin then cleared his throat and imitated Rose’s baby voice, “Omo teacher-nim, can I bring her to the clinic?” he said in a girly baby voice like Rose’s that made Jimin and Jungkook join their laughter, “That’s how Rose said it when Jennie had ‘cramps’,” he said while doing quotation marks in the air with his fingers as he said the words cramps.

“Yah, I’m telling you, they were really good, they fooled everyone in our class, even me, aish,” Jin exclaimed.

“You’re a fool anyway hyung,” Jungkook told him that made everyone laugh and Jin glare at him but Jungkook knew he should start running by now.

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!!”

“Ooops, gotta run!” then he run away from his hyung that was furiously chasing after him. While the others were busy watching and laughing at the two guys. Taehyung walked over to Jennie then draped his arm around her shoulder making her look at him.

“So you did that for me, eh?” he teasingly asked.

Jennie giggled, “Yah, don’t be so full of yourself, okay?” she replied and instead of rolling her eyes from him, she leaned her head closer to his body that he took it as a chance, and kissed her forehead quickly.