CHAPTER 27

FOUR

Weekend came, it was a Saturday morning, and the girls’ house was busy already. Rose was in the kitchen cooking carbonara for their breakfast, it was a bit grand for a breakfast but she was just expecting for someone to come over today.

Lisa was taking a shower in the bathroom inside her and Rose’s shared bedroom. Jisoo was doing the same in the bathroom inside her and Jennie’s shared room. Then there’s Jennie, taking all the time in the world for her sleep.

Rose was busy mixing all the ingredients for her dish when she heard loud footsteps coming from their stairs, coming its way to the kitchen. She turned around who it was and saw their maknae dressed in a white cropped top paired with black skinny jeans, a black jacket in her hand.

“You going somewhere?” Rose asked curiously as Lisa passed by the kitchen and went straight to their shoe rack, then picked up her timberlands and wore it.

“Neh unnie, date with Kookie,” Lisa answered while fixing her shoes. Rose was about to say more when suddenly another footsteps came in their way and saw that it was Jisoo who was also dolled up for a date.

They saw Jisoo took her white double decker keds from their shoe rack pairing it with her ripped denim shorts and dark pink sweater, “You going too, unnie?” Rose also asked.

The elder lifted her head to look at her dongsaeng, “Yup! Date with Jinnie,” she answered cheerfully.

“That’s good to hear! Oh, I’ll get that,” Rose exclaimed then walked her way to their door when she heard their doorbell ring.

“Good morning honey!”

“Yo Rozey!”

Rose received a sweet and enthusiastic greeting once she opened the door and came face to face with her boyfriend, and her friend’s boyfriend that was also her friend, “Hey guys,” she greeted with a sweet smile and widened the door to welcome them in. She wasn’t surprise that Jungkook was with Jimin for Lisa already told her that they were going on a date today.

Jungkook barged in while Jimin kissed her cheek first before completely entering inside. Rose giggled then closed the door and went inside as well.

“Good morning noona!” Jungkook greeted as he saw Jisoo who was putting on her shoes, Jisoo just smiled and waved at him, then he walked further inside their house to look for the very person he intended to see in the house.

He passed by the dining area then turned around to the stairs when he heard someone coming down from it, “Kookie!” he smiled when he saw that it was Lisa and she hugged him as a morning greeting.

“Good morning my Lalice,” he said as he hugged her back and kissed the top of her head.

“Yo, noona,” Jimin coolly called out to Jisoo when him and Rose arrived at the dining area and saw Jisoo arranging some plates for their breakfast.

“Hey Jiminie!” Jisoo greeted back happily and fist bumped with Jimin, then they both paused like gangsters after bumping their fists with each other, they cracked into laughter because of their silliness.

“Why is everyone so loud early in the morning?” they heard a sleepy voice asked, they turned to where the voice came from and saw a half asleep Jennie standing in front of the dining area.

They laughed at her face expression, judging by it their loud and happy greetings disturbed her sleep, “Good morning unnie!” Rose greeted cheerfully that Jennie returned with a pout and went straight to their fridge and took a carton of fresh milk.

“Why are you all dressed up? It’s like so early in the morning!” Jennie asked curiously and at the same time complained as she finally recovered from her sleepy state when she had a sip of her milk, and noticed everyone around her were all dressed properly, and she’s the only one in her sailor moon pajamas.

Rose chuckled at her unnie’s whining, “The two have their dates, unnie. And for your information, it’s nearly past 10am already,” Rose answered while draining the pasta noodles and transferred it in a decent container then served it on their dining table.

Jennie pouted then raised an eyebrow as she also observed that Rose was also dressed but much simpler than the two, “You too, Rosie?” she asked.

“Aniya, me and Jimin will just hang out here,” Rose answered with a smile then called everyone out for breakfast, “Let’s eat!”

Everyone took a seat and started putting food on their plates except for Lisa and Jungkook, “Guys, we’ll head out first,” Lisa announced.

“Oh, you’re not gonna take a bite?” Jisoo asked as the two started to head for the door.

“Thanks noona, but we planned to have a breakfast date,” Jungkook replied, politely rejecting their offer.

“Oh, geure, take care maknaes!” Jimin said then they waved good bye at them as they got out of the house. Jennie, Jimin, Rose, and Jisoo proceeded on eating the carbonara Rose cooked.

They enjoyed it as they knew pastas were Rose’s specialty, hence, her nickname that were called by her best friends. They were peacefully munching on their food but kind of interrupted when they saw Jisoo quickly finished hers, and once done, she hurriedly put her plate on the sink making a loud clacking sound, “Sorry about that, I have to go now,” she said then grabbed her sling bag.

“So soon unnie?” Jennie asked as they watched her fast walking to the door.

Jisoo nodded, “Neh, Jin might be waiting already. See you later,” she waved good bye to them that the three returned with a smile and sweet ‘take cares’.

“Enjoy!” Rose shouted.

“How about you, Jen? No date?” Jimin asked as everyone left already beside them.

“Seems like it,” Jennie said a bit disappointed. For the past days, she didn’t get the chance to ask how Taehyung was for Min Jae was constantly being close to her, taking all her time whenever they were in school. She felt bad for being rude at him the other day that she had no choice but to give him attention while he was being all friendly towards her.

Also, the past days, she noticed Taehyung was being a bit distant towards her. During lunch break, the time all of them had the chance to get together while in school, Taehyung will finish his meal quickly then tell them that he’ll head back to their classroom first.

Jennie will take occasional chances to stop him from leaving and ask him if he can’t stay for a little while, however, Taehyung will always yawn and say that he’s sleepy and will take a nap in their classroom instead because the cafeteria was too noisy. Jennie couldn’t do anything but to just nod and let him be.

Then, when Taehyung was out, that would be the timing Min Jae would occupy the seat that was previously occupied by Taehyung that was beside her. It was like that for all the days after the day they discovered Min Jae transferred in their school. Not only Jennie noticed it, but all the others too.

The boys tried to talk it out with Taehyung in their house but unfortunately for them, Taehyung wouldn’t give them any proper answer, so they just decided to let him be for now and give him space.

“Yah don’t be too sweet in front of me,” Jennie whined at the couple as she saw them sweetly feeding each other. The couple turned to her when they heard her whining and just laughed at her that earned a groan from Jennie.

Jimin smugly smiled at Jennie, “Now now Jenjen, don’t be jealous,” Jimin cooed teasing her, who just rolled her eyes from him then ate the last bite of her breakfast and put her plate on the sink once finished.

“Aish, I’ll leave you two there,” Jennie said then went upstairs not waiting for their answer as the couple was too busy being sweet and clingy towards each other.

She went straight to her and Jisoo’s bedroom then sat on the corner of her bed. She sighed as she thought about Taehyung. She reached for her cellphone that was resting on her bed side table, she unlocked it then went to her contacts and scrolled through it until she stopped on a particular contact named ‘Kim Taehyung–ssi’.

Putting formality on their names have been an endearment for the both of them, but they just used it when they were being playful with each other like the other day in the cafeteria. She was about to tap the call button but stopped herself for she was afraid that Taehyung might just push her away.

She sighed then put her phone back where she got it. She just sat there and thought of what she could do, she clearly doesn’t want to stay home with Rose and Jimin, taking the role of a third wheel was not her thing. Then an idea came to her. She smiled and hoped that it would work. She quickly got up and went inside the bathroom to take a bath and get ready.

After fifteen minutes of bathing, Jennie went out, headed for their walk in closet. She chose a simple black denim shorts and a blue oversized sweater, she wore it then blow dried her hair. She just put on a lip gloss and face powder, then combed her hair properly, and put on her ankle length white socks.

After fixing herself, she went down and saw that Jimin and Rose just finished eating, then was about to wash the dishes together but she approached them first, “Hey dwarf,” she called out for the male’s attention that gave her a glare and questioning look.

“You heading out too, unnie?” Rose asked curiously as she eyed her appearance. Jennie gave her a mysterious smile, “We’ll see Rosie,” she answered with a wink that made the younger more curious then she returned her gaze to the male whom she just called a dwarf.

“Is Taehyung home?” she asked without hesitation.

Jimin’s grumpy and questioning look eventually turned into a teasing one when he heard her question, “Going to Taehyung, eh?”

Jennie rolled her eyes from him, “Just answer me,” she impatiently said.

Jimin and Rose chuckled, “Alright, chill. I don’t think he’s home yet, he left the house before us, and he didn’t say where he’s headed,” Jimin answered that made her frown.

Jennie pouted, “Can you text him and ask where he is?” she asked Jimin shooting him with her puppy dog eyes.

Rose giggled at the sight of her unnie, “Omo, unnie’s acting cute just to know where Taetae is,” she teased then nudged her boyfriend, “Yah, better grant her wish!”

Jimin laughed softly, “Of course I will!” he said that made the two girls squeal in delight. He fished out his phone from his pocket and unlocked it. He tapped the message button then started typing away.

But before he could hit send, Jennie stopped him, “Wait! Don’t tell him that I asked, okay?” Jimin snickered then nodded, and started retyping his message.

‘Taehyungie, eodiseo?’

He simply typed then hit send. They didn’t wait long when Jimin’s phone started vibrating a little, indicating that he received a new message, “That was fast,” he mumbled as he unlocked his phone to read his friend’s reply, Rose peeking beside him.

“At the skating rink near Han River, waeyo?” Jimin read out loud then looked up to Jennie as if saying that she’s got her answer now.

Jennie smiled and thanked him, “See you guys later,” she said then waved good bye to them. She went to their shoe rack that was located near their front door and took out the same shoes she had with Jisoo, then wore it. After that, she head out to her destination.


After a long time of walking around Myeongdeong, Lisa and Jungkook finally found a restaurant that served both of the foods they were craving for. Lisa was looking for pancakes and bacons, while Jungkook was craving for, of course, his favorite lamb skewers. The food that he claimed as his love ones after Lisa.

When he told Lisa about that, the girl laughed loudly at him and said that he’s really crazy over lamb skewers. And she also added that he doesn’t have to worry for she was willing to share him with his lamb skewers. Then Jungkook swore he never felt so in love just by hearing and seeing her laugh like that. She’s so precious in his eyes.

After the waiter left that got their orders, they waited patiently and roamed their eyes around the restaurant, “It’s our first time here, right?” Jungkook asked. Lisa nodded as she also noticed that the look of the restaurant was new to them.

After looking around, Lisa settled her gaze on Jungkook who had his eyes still widened while looking around, and it made her laugh softly seeing his shook expression, “It’s really amusing to see you shocked and amazed,” she said.

“Aish, yah,” Jungkook whined, for she always made fun of him whenever he had that expression. He stopped looking around and glanced at her, “Anyway, what are we going to do after?” he asked, changing the topic and also to stop Lisa’s mischievous chuckle.

He was glad he succeeded as Lisa stopped and thought for an idea, “Hmmm, why don’t we do something that we both like?” Lisa asked suggestively, “Besides, we always do what the other one wants. So for a change, let’s do something that we both wanted to do, what do you think?” she asked with a smile.

Jungkook smiled back and nodded. She was right, during their past dates, they always did what one of them wanted, like the last time Jungkook wanted to go bungee jumping, Lisa agreed even though the height where they jumped freaked the hell out of her. Then another time, Lisa told him she wanted to go ice skating, of course, Jungkook also agreed despite the bruises and body ache he obtained as he fell multiple times during their skating adventure. For them it was all worth it as long as they have gotten it because they were with each other.

“I know we both love dancing, so why don’t we try the dancing game in the arcade the first time we had our date together?” he suggested that Lisa gladly agreed to, “Sure let’s do that!” Jungkook chuckled at her cuteness. And not long after, their foods came and were served to them. They started eating happily as they finally got to consume what they craved for.

“Chincha chincha jjang!” Lisa heard Jungkook exclaimed as he took more bites of his lamb skewers. She chuckled as she saw how he really loves the food.

She just continued eating her bacon and pancakes when she heard Jungkook speak, “By the way, our graduation ball was next Saturday, you and the girls are coming, right?”

That made Lisa abruptly stop from her eating. The question got her taken a back that it took a little longer for her to answer. Then when she heard Jungkook called her name softly, she snapped out of her trance, blinked rapidly, and smiled at Jungkook, “O–of course we will,” Lisa answered and forced a smile, she deeply hoped that it will convince him.

She let out a breath of relief when she saw him smile widely upon hearing her answer, “Great! So obviously I’m your date! Better wear something nice, okay? Cause I’ll be more handsome that day!” he cheerfully said that made her giggle.

“Neh neh, Mr. Jeon. Anything you say,” she replied that Jungkook returned with a satisfied smile as they continued eating. She quickly looked away from him and bowed her head, she felt bad for she wasn’t completely being true to him right now, and she doesn’t have the courage to tell him.

“Are you done? Let’s go,” she heard Jungkook asked that made her look at him, “Ah, d–deh,” she answered. She stood up and waited for Jungkook as he went to the counter where the bills will be payed.

She didn’t wait long when he stood beside her and held her hand, “Come on,” Jungkook said, she nodded then held his hand tightly as they started walking their way to the arcade. The arcade was just a block away from the restaurant that they arrived quickly.

Once inside, they went straightly to where the dancing game was located. It’s the Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) where there was a TV screen with speakers and on the floor was like dancing pads that contained arrows pointed at all directions. Jungkook stood on the left side while Lisa on the right. Jungkook took the initiative to start the game, he stepped on the arrow that will lead them on the song selection, “What song would it be?” he asked as he continued scrolling.

Lisa watched on the screen as Jungkook scrolled, “Pick something that’s fast,” Lisa answered with determination.

Jungkook cockily smiled then picked the song he knew that was fast, “Difficulty?” he asked.

“Expert,” Lisa smirked.

“Okay then,” Jungkook said then stepped and stepped on the arrow on the middle of the pad that entered and confirmed all their game conditions. As the game loaded Jungkook and Lisa stood properly, getting ready then Jungkook muttered, “The winner gets a prize.”

“Sure why not,” Lisa answered confidently. They faced the screen and in the count of three, their song started as well as their dancing. Both have serious and determined faces, neither of them wanted to back down and want to lose. They were doing some dance moves without missing a step on the arrows that appeared on the screen. Both were so focused and the song was about to end.

A few more steps and the game was over and to Lisa’s horror, she lost to Jungkook with just one step. The song was followed by Jungkook’s loud yelling in celebration while jumping around, “I won! I won! I won!,” he repeatedly yelled that other people were looking at their direction already.

Lisa got out of her miserable state and facepalmed herself when she saw her boyfriend jumping around like a kid. She went closer to him then pulled him down to stop him from jumping, “Alright Mr. Jeon, what’s your prize?” she asked when he finally stopped and looked at her.

Jungkook smiled widely then wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her closer to him, then he pouted and pointed at his lips. Lisa’s eyes widened as she got what he was saying and it immediately made her blush, “What? No way!” she exclaimed, feeling embarassed for they were in a public place.

“You’re not playing fair, Ms. Manoban,” Jungkook said still pouting. Lisa rolled her eyes from him and sighed in defeat.

“Fine,” Lisa mumbled then slowly tiptoed and leaned closer to Jungkook’s lips. When they were just an inch away, she glanced up to his eyes and saw that he was straighty looking at her lips. She closed her eyes then quickly kissed his lips.

She was about to pull away but Jungkook was fast enough to deepen their kiss, it took her by surprise but didn’t hesitate to respond when she felt Jungkook smiled through their kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with full love and affection.