CHAPTER 26

FOUR

Jennie felt bad leaving Taehyung like that. She clearly knew that he felt bad hearing Min Jae’s reply to his question, and also because she didn’t tell him about this tour with his brother.

She wanted to stay there and be beside him like he always did to her. But she decided that it’ll be best to leave and take his brother with her. In that case, the intense atmosphere surrounding their once peaceful table will fade. And she hoped it does.

“Min Jae–ssi, where do you want to go first? North wing, South wing, East or West wing?” she asked politely when they reached the school grounds just near their school’s front gate.

“Ah, your choice Jennie. You’re the boss,” he playfully replied.

Jennie let out an awkward laugh hearing his response, “The North wing then,” she decided then started walking leaving him behind.

She just kept on walking wherever their feet led them. No conversations were made as Jennie just spoke when she had something to tell about their school’s premises, or whenever she would tell them the name of the places or building inside their campus, like the library, the mini park where they always hang out after or before class, and the oval where lots of students love to take a walk.

She would occasionally glance at Min Jae and every time she does, Min Jae was always staring at her with his wide smile that she had always seen since the day that they met. She would just looked away and continued on walking for it made her uncomfortable that she decided to start a conversation as they stopped on a shaded area near the mini park, “Min Jae–ssi, can I ask you why did you transfer here?” she asked curiously as she turned around and face him.

Min Jae smiled as finally Jennie turned around to face him, “Ah, like I said, something or rather someone interests me in this school,” he mysteriously answered.

Jennie nodded, thinking that it was Taehyung that interests him since they were related, “I guess it’s Taehyung, since he’s your brother,” she voiced out.

Then confusion flashed her face as she saw how Min Jae frowned upon hearing her answer, “Aniya, not my brother,” he bluntly answered making Jennie frown too. She felt bad for Taehyung as seeing how Min Jae disregard him as his brother. Plus she never forgot how Min Jae emphasized the word half when they first met by the way he said half-brother.

“Aren’t you two close?” she asked curiously.

Min Jae shrugged, “Well, when we were still in Daegu, hyung was always the one who reach out to me.”

“Well I think Taehyung is just very affectionate when it comes to his dongsaengs,” she felt herself smile as she remembered how Taehyung talked about his younger siblings that they met in Daegu, he talked about them with a lot of fondness, affection, and don’t forget that big smile on his face, also the longing and pure joy in his eyes as he spoke.

“Yeah, and it annoyed me sometimes,” he nonchalantly shared that caused Jennie’s smile to slowly fade upon hearing it.

“What a rude thing to say towards your brother,” it annoyed the hell out of Jennie. She supposed Taehyung was too nice for him, he really treats Min Jae like a brother, the joy he felt whenever he sees him, and also cared for him, but then she realized that Min Jae doesn’t deserve all of that for at some point he doesn’t treat Taehyung as a real brother.

Min Jae looked at Jennie with an annoyed expression hearing her cold tone, “What’s wrong Jennie? Did I say something wrong?”

“Yes, he is your HALF brother, but still he is your hyung,” she added and did the same emphasis he did on the word half, making him furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.

Min Jae let out a big sigh, “We’re here for the tour, not to talk about him.”

“Right. Let’s get going then,” she said then turned around about to start on walking again but she suddenly stopped and turned to him again, “By the way, Min Jae–ssi, please don’t be so comfortable around me, it’s making me feel awkward,” she said then was about to turn around again but Min Jae grabbed her wrist stopping her.

“But Jennie–”

“It’s Jennie–ssi for you,” she corrected as she stared directly to his eyes.

Min Jae sighed again, evidently he was wrong about his first impression about her. He thought Jennie was like other girls that gets shy whenever they were around guys like him because the first time he saw her with Taehyung and company, she was just quiet, kept her head low, and can’t keep an eye contact. But today, he discovered she was one feisty, in a good way, and strong lady, that it interests him more.

“Okay, Jennie–SSI,” now he emphasized on the formality that made Jennie raised a brow in annoyance, “It was you that interests me,” he confessed but it didn’t move Jennie like the time Taehyung confessed to her. She kept her annoyed expression hearing it. It didn’t make her heart pound rapidly, and her eyes widen in surprise. Nothing, she felt nothing.

“Better forget about that starting now,” she simply replied and pulled her wrist away from his hold, “You’re right, we’re here for the tour, so kindly follow me for this to finish,” she ordered then started walking away from him again.

Min Jae gave out an annoyed sigh. He felt embarrassed hearing her response on his sudden confession, and most especially the reaction she gave him, it was very far from flattery, and now his ideas were confirmed. Rivalry again.

He shook his head in annoyance and stomped his feet on the ground. He breathed deeply, trying to calm himself down, then followed behind her and went on the tour, “You just wait, Jennie–yah,” he muttered to himself as he caught up with her walking figure.


“So here’s the library, beside was another cafeteria but a smaller version since it doesn’t have any tables and chairs, just a snacks area actually,” Jisoo said as they passed by the greyish two story building which was their school’s library, and the small area for snacks.

They have been walking around their school for about half an hour now, and to Jisoo’s relief, Jinyoung isn’t saying anything yet aside from his occasional questions regarding the school’s premises, regulations, and such. It’s better that way she thought. It made her job more easily.

Besides, she wanted to go home now so that she’ll have the time to decide on the clothes she’ll wear on her and Jin’s date on Saturday. She felt excited. Just two more buildings to introduce and they’re done, she can finally have her peace.

They walked to the direction of the last two buildings, and she was about to introduce it but suddenly Jinyoung grabbed her hand to make her look at him. Jisoo stopped then turned around, she looked at their hands, touching, up to his face, “Come on Jisoo, you know I’m not here for the tour,” he said as her eyes were locked on his.

Jisoo sent him death glares and harshly pulled her hand away, “Why didn’t you say so earlier? You just wasted my time,” she answered intensely.

“Look, I know you noticed, you’re just acting clueless,” he pointed out. She knew this was coming and she thanked herself that she have prepared for this.

Jisoo sighed in annoyance, “Why are you here anyways?”

“I followed you,” he simply answered with a shrug that made her raise an eyebrow, whatever he was saying now was complete nonsense to her already.

Jisoo crossed her arms and shot him a cold expression, “Things between us are totally over, there’s no reason for you to follow me.”

“I came here to get you back,” he straightforwardly said. Jisoo was taken aback but tried her best not to give herself away. She knew if he noticed that she’s nervous right now, she’s over, game over.

“Get me back?” she let out a sarcastic laugh, “Who told you that you can?”

“Myself. Come on Jisoo. Past is past. I’ve changed now, just forgive me already, forget about everything,” he bluntly said, she can’t even feel any hint or the slightest hint of sincerity or regret.  

It was Saturday, but Jisoo was awake so early in the morning. She checked her phone for the time and smiled seeing that she just woke up right on time. She glanced at the bed next to her, and saw Jennie still sleeping so soundly. It was a weekend after all.

She quickly rose from her bed and fixed her sheets. After that, she went to their shared walk in closet and decided on an outfit she’ll be wearing for her appointment today. She picked a black skater skirt and paired it with a pink long sleeved cropped top. After picking her outfit, she first went downstairs to cook her dongsaengs some breakfast, it was already past 8am, one or two of them will be waking up by this hour already.

She cooked them bacon and eggs, their favorite, while she was humming a cheerful tune, “Well, someone’s in a good mood today,” she heard Rose said as the younger took a sit on their dining table.

She turned off the stove as she finished cooking then went to the table carrying the plates obtaining the foods she cooked for them, “Chaaaaaan! Enjoy the food pasta!” she cheerfully said as she placed the plate of foods on the table.

Rose clapped her hands in joy as she saw that her unnie cooked bacons, that she seldom do, “I wish you’re in a good mood every day,” Rose muttered while munching on a piece of bacon.

“The smell of bacon have awoken my dead soul, so please give me some, juseyo~” Lisa cutely said as she descend from the stairs and quickly occupied the seat beside Rose.

Jisoo giggled at her dongsaengs as they happily munched on their food, “Eat well my lovies!”

“You’re extra happy today! Why is that?” Lisa asked curiously, and Rose looked at her waiting for an answer as she was curious as well.

Jisoo giggled then held her cheeks with both of her hands, “It’s our first anniversary,” she shyly announced, that made the maknaes .

“No wonder~”

“Our Unnie’s really in love~”

Jisoo just giggled and blushed throughout their teasing. She glanced at the clock hanging on their kitchen’s wall that made her eyes widen, “Omo, I have to get ready, enjoy your food!” she told them and quickly went upstairs to take a bath.

She reached their bedroom and found Jennie still sleeping. Despite the loud noises the two younger girls made, she wasn’t disturbed by it, she’s really a deep sleeper, Jisoo thought. She proceeded on the bathroom to take a bath then put on the clothes she picked out earlier.

After wearing the clothes, she quickly sat on their mini make up table inside their room and rapidly dried her hair with the towel in her hand. She chose not to use the hair dry blower for the sound might wake up her friend, she doesn’t want to see the beast Jennie so early in the morning.

When she succeeded on drying her hair, she combed it properly and just decided to let it down her back, she also put on some light make up, thank goodness Jennie had thought her how to do it. When satisfied with her look, she smiled at herself on the mirror.

She stood up and grabbed her sling bag then descend on their stairs and went to their shoe rack, she picked out her pastel colored slip on vans and put it on, once everything is settled, she said good bye to the two girls who were still eating, “I’ll be back later!”

“Bye unnie, enjoy!”

“You look y! Good luck!”

She heard them yell before completely out of their house. She walked her way to the intersection on their street and crossed it for she needed to pick up the customized cake she asked for at the bakery located there.

When she got her cake, she quickly hailed a cab and told the driver the address of the condo building where Jinyoung has his unit. After about half an hour, she arrived at the lobby and paid the driver.

She walked straight to the elevator and pressed the floor number which was 7. While waiting for her arrival, she glanced at the box she was holding and smiled, she could imagine how happy and surprised he’ll be if he saw her this early in the morning in his unit.

When she heard the familiar sound indicating that she has arrived at her floor, she happily skipped her way out of the elevator then turned left finding his unit number, 718.

“716… 717… finally, 718,” she smiled widely as she finally came face to face with his unit door that has the 718 sign on it. She didn’t waste any time and quickly pressed the doorbell.

She waited for a while then stood properly when she heard the clicking of the door lock being opened, she put a big smile on her face, and started saying, “SUR… prise…” she slowly said as she was the one who was surprised.

Reality was very far from her expectations. She expected to be greeted by her boyfriend, but instead she was greeted by a girl about her height with short black hair, and was only wearing an oversized shirt that was clearly belonged to a guy, and was very awfully familiar for her. Because it was her gift to him during their 100th day! She can feel her eyes started to feel hot as tears were starting to form.

She watched as the girl widened the opening of the door and let out a yawn before speaking, “Yes? What do you need?” it said with her sleepy voice.

“Babe… Come back here,” Jisoo heard a sleepy voice and she’s sure that it belonged to him.

A tear fell from her eyes but she quickly wiped it away when she heard the unknown girl in front of her speak again, “Yes Miss?”

But before she could answer, the girl was wrapped in a pair of arms from behind and received a peck on her exposed neck, “Eunha come on, come back to sleep,” Jinyoung said clinging onto Eunha, totally ignoring Jisoo’s presence.

“Who is she then?” Eunha asked, her eyes still glued at the broken Jisoo.

Jinyoung lifted his head to where Eunha was pertaining. Then there he saw Jisoo, whom he called his girlfriend for a year, but seeing him with another girl made Jisoo question herself if she’s the only girlfriend he has, she thought he had changed when they started dating.

Jinyoung just shot her a cold stare not taking his embrace off of Eunha who was leaning comfortably on him, “Just some girl who can’t get over me,” he said looking straightly to Jisoo’s eyes. Hearing that completely broke her. She couldn’t held back her tears anymore that she let it fall on her cheeks like waterfall.

“Oh, good bye then!” Eunha said then slammed the door close on Jisoo’s face.

Jisoo felt hurt, broken, disappointed, betrayed and angry. The mixed emotions were overwhelming her that she let out a frustrated scream and threw the box of cake on his door that made a loud thud.

She can’t believe she let him fool her. He told her he already changed since the day he met her, that he was completely over his playboy phase, and obviously, she had seen it with her own two eyes, that downright he hasn’t. He’s a complete jerk and liar.

Jisoo quickly went out of the building and hailed a cab. She told the driver her address in a broken voice that she felt ashamed, she apologized to the driver, thank goodness that the driver was kind enough to understand her and just let her let out all the tears she’s been holding.

“Jisoo pabo–yah,” she muttered to herself and lightly smack her head. She arrived at their house and quickly went inside and upstairs to their room.

She quickly locked the door and plopped herself down to her bed and sobbed hard against her pillow. She didn’t realize that Jennie was still on her bed, and was stirring in her sleep because of her abrupt actions.

Jennie rose from her bed and glanced at Jisoo’s side. Her eyes widened as she heard her sobs, “Unnie, are you alright? What happened?” Jennie asked in panic as she went on Jisoo’s side.

“Not now… Jennie…” Jisoo replied between her sobs. Jennie just nodded and decided to go out to give her space.

Jisoo scoffed, “You’re right past is past. And you’re my past Jinyoung, therefore, you should also be forgotten,” she saw the male frown at her remark that it made her smirk in victory.

He was about to say something but didn’t get the chance to do it for Jisoo quickly turned around and walked away from him. Not caring whether they finished the tour or not, it wasn’t his true intention anyway.

“What a jerk,” Jisoo muttered in annoyance as she continued on walking away from him heading to their school’s front gate, going home, finally.