CHAPTER 34

FOUR

♫ Make me love you, make me love you

Eodum soge naerin bit geurimja
Deo oerowohan shigandeul soge nan

The song played as the couples on dance floor slowly swayed with the song. Jin wrapped his arms around Jisoo’s slim waist pulling her closer to him, while Jisoo circled her arms around his neck. They just stared at each with contented smiles plastered on both faces while swaying slowly with the music.

Jisoo comfortably leaned her head on Jin’s chest while dancing, she closed her eyes with a smile as she listened to the music intently for it was one of her favorite songs.

Make me kiss you (Ma–make me kiss you)

Make me touch you (Ma–make me touch you)

Make me want you (Ma–make me want you)

Ki–kiss you, to–touch you, want you

Make me love you

Make me love you... 

Now that she listened to it intently, for when this song came up to her playlist she just usually enjoy it and sang along, but today she didn’t just enjoy it, she also felt it. And she figured that this song fits her current situation with Jin. They weren’t an official couple yet for she’s still making him wait.

‘Make me kiss you’, there were times when she really wanted to kiss Jin, those times when she really felt happy around him, or there’s something that she’s really thankful for because of him.

‘Make me touch you’, since the day Jin held her hand while they were walking, her want on touching and holding his hand whenever they were together never left her.

‘Make me want you’, after that holding hands, Jisoo never missed a chance to stay close to him whenever they got together. She felt this need to be close with him all the time as Jin’s presence brought comfort to her. Staying in his arms made her feel protected and most especially, loved and appreciated.

‘Make me love you’, and lastly, Seokjin definitely didn’t fail in making her love him. In fact, she was already feeling that she’s slowly falling in love with Jin on about the first five months of his courting. Every day he didn’t fail to surprise Jisoo on every effort that he’s been doing for her. Though Jisoo would always tell him that she’s still not ready to commit again, he patiently waited for her for a year. And she bet that guys nowadays, can’t do that anymore, she was lucky that she had met someone like Jin. Always patient, always kind, always understanding, never leaving her side even at her worst.

And now, she’s very sure of herself that she really loves him. Other times Jin would boldly say that he loves her, but she left that hanging and unanswered. Other times that they were together, she always waited for the right moment to finally confess to him but got always interrupted before she can even utter a word.

But now, they were alone and dancing closely with each other. She took a deep breath as she charged herself with courage to finally tell him what she really felt towards him. She looked to him and called his name, but turned out Jin also called for her name at the same time.

“Jin–”

“Jisoo–”

They stared at each other for a while then laughed at each other as they realized that they spoke at the same time. Jisoo smiled at him and nodded her head, “You go first,” she told him.

Jin smiled and cleared his throat before speaking, “I just wanted to say that… You really deserve to be crowned as the face of the night,” he shyly said then bowed his head as he felt his cheeks burn.

Jisoo softly laugh at his expression, “Yah, Seokjin is blushing,” she and pinched his puffy cheeks as she thinks that he’s really cute right now.

“Yah, I’m being sincere, yet you’re making fun of me,” he said pouting like a kid that made Jisoo laugh more.

She soothed his hair lightly while looking at him, “Sorry, you just look really cute,” she said with a sweet smile making him blush even more.

He retracted his hands from her waist and used it to cover his face in embarrassment, “Jichu, stob it…”

“Hahahaha! You’re acting like a girl,” she said laughing.

Jin uncovered his face then held her waist again, laughing along with her, “Nah, I just wanted to make you laugh, and I succeed, ha!” he said proudly making Jisoo stopped her laughing but smiled widely at him.

“You always do, Jin–ah,” she softly said while playing with his hair on the back of his neck.

Jin smiled back at her, “You’re really beautiful Jisoo–ah, especially when you’re smiling and laughing,” he further complimented that it’s Jisoo’s turn to blush but she didn’t act too girly like him earlier.

“Jinnie, thank you for waiting for me this long,” she sincerely said, “Thank you for always being patient, and not pressuring me. Though I always left you hanging, and in the beginning, I didn’t trust you instantly, but you still stayed and didn’t leave my side…”

“Aish, that’s nothing, I’m always sure that you’re worth the wait!” Jin assured her making her smile in contentment. She felt proud of herself for loving a man like him.

“Thank you… For always making me feel appreciated,” Jisoo added with her voice tone full of emotion, making Jin wonder why she was suddenly being emotional.

“Yah, Jisoo… Why are you being like this all of  a sudden? Are you about to break up with me? Wait–” he stopped and used his head for a moment, “That’s completely impossible, we weren’t really officially committed with each other yet,” he added in realization.

Jisoo giggled at him, “You’re really silly sometimes, and maybe that was one of the reasons why I like you.”

Jin was stunned at her words that he stared at Jisoo with wide eyes for a moment before speaking, “Y–you… L–like me…?” he asked for confirmation for he thought he heard her wrong due to the loud music that was playing around them, though it was a slow love song that it wasn’t that deafening.

Jisoo nodded smiling, “Not just like Seokjin–ah…” she slowly said and took a deep breath first before continuing what she was about to say, for finally she’ll say it to him, “I… Lo–”

“Seokjin–ssi.”

They heard someone called Jin from behind interrupting what Jisoo was about to say. She sighed in annoyance as once again, her moment was disturbed. Just last two words, and finally she would let out all of the feelings she had been hiding from him. She can’t believe the most perfect moment that she thought was really not, for once again, it was interjected by someone that had rather a familiar voice for her.

She saw Jin looked behind him, probably at the person that called him. She peeked behind him to see who it was, and she swore she got more annoyed and irritated when she saw who it was. It was none other than her ex–boyfriend, Park Jinyoung.  

She didn’t know if he heard what they were talking about that he purposely called for Jin and disturbed them, right on time for her moment to say those three words she wanted to tell him for a long time now. It caused her to question herself if she wasn’t meant to say that to Jin.

“Jinyoung–ssi, is there anything you need?” Jin asked him with a confused look as it surprised him that he came up to him.

“Ah, deh. If it’s alright, can I dance with Jisoo–ssi?” Jinyoung asked that made Jisoo’s eyes widen in tension. She knew that he was about to say something to her that she’ll not like again.

She started to pray silently that Jin wouldn’t agree, but she knew Jin was a kind person, though he got annoyed at Jinyoung the other time, he’ll still be kind towards him especially that Jinyoung asked properly this time, she’s sure that Jin would return that politeness.

And she felt like falling to her knees when she heard Jin reply with a simple, “Sure,” without any hesitation, she knew he wasn’t the selfish kind of person. Jin turned back to her before leaving, “I’ll just be at our table, hmm?” he told her then quickly kissed her on the forehead before walking away, and Jisoo couldn’t do anything but to nod.

Jisoo watched as Jin walked towards their table and left her alone with the least person she wanted to be with, she suddenly turned her attention to Jinyoung when she felt him tightly held her by the waist that made her place both of her hands on his shoulder.

“So, you and Seokjin, huh?” Jinyoung told her with a mocking tone making her roll her eyes in irritation.

“Got a problem with that?” Jisoo spat back with an eyebrow raised.

“Does he have any idea of Who I am in your life?” Jinyoung asked raising an eyebrow too. Realization hit Jisoo that worry filled her eyes. This made Jinyoung smirk in victory as he felt like he hit the jackpot, “Mind if I tell him?” he provoked.

Jisoo shot her a warning look, “Don’t you dare, Park Jinyoung,” she sternly said making him smirk evilly more.

“I won’t if you come with me and talk,” he blackmailed that left Jisoo with no choice but nod and let him pull her out of the ballroom to somewhere in the hotel where there’s no people.

She just hoped that Jin didn’t see them exiting the venue.


On the other side of the dance floor, there stood Rose and Mr. Face of the Night, also very close with each while swaying slowly with the music. They were so close with each other that it looked like they were embracing already.

Rose had her head resting on Jimin’s shoulder, while Jimin’s head was leaning on hers. She swore that it was the most comfortable place on earth. Her safest place, her safe haven.

Jimin was humming along with the song that it added more relaxation for her. They stayed like that for about half an hour already but neither was complaining for a pain on the neck or shoulder. Instead, they enjoyed every minute and every second being that close with each other.

But Rose suddenly lifted her head up and looked at Jimin with a sad expression making him confused, “I’m really sorry about last week,” she said though they agreed that they should forget about their fight, Rose still wanted to apologize to him properly, and she took this as her right timing.

Jimin smiled softly at her, “I thought we were over that already,” he gently said while caressing her cheek.

“We are, but I wanted to apologize properly,” she insisted making Jimin chuckle and nod his head, accepting her apology then slowly looked down as he realized something.

“Geunde… I should’ve not been mad in the first place. We agreed on trusting each other more the last time but I obviously didn’t comply and started suspecting you,” he said in a sad tone, “Mianhae for that…”

Rose felt upset hearing him, “Aniya… I should’ve told you the truth in the first place, please don’t blame yourself,” she told him, “Plus, you’re right, I should’ve listened to you when we broke up instead of being upset,” she added.

Jimin sighed and smiled softly as he wanted for them to be happy at this moment not bring back the mistakes they have done in the past, “Aniya, baby, let’s not talk about the past now, okay? Let’s just say we both had faults, but so what? Quarrels are just normal in every relationship, the important thing now is to forgive each other, and trust your partner more. And that is what we’re going to do, baby. I know I promised you with no more fights, but I’m afraid I have to take it back, because we weren’t sure about our future. But one thing that I know for sure, even if the worst and hardest situation came to us, I won’t be leaving your side and won't ever give up on you,” he seriously and sincerely said that caused Rose to shed a tear in happiness and contentment.

Jimin quickly wiped the tear that fell from her eyes, he chuckled as he was used to her being emotional. She has a soft heart and very kind human being, and that’s one of the many reasons why he loves her dearly.

“Aish, Park Jimin you’re making me cry,” Rose said and lightly smack her chest making Jimin let out a soft chuckle, "I don't need promises, I just need you to stay with me..."

He nodded and tucked the lose strands of her hair behind her ears, “I love you, Park Chae Young,” he lovingly said while holding her tightly.

“Aish, I love you more,” then she embraced him by the neck tightly as Jimin kissed the top of her head softly.


Jin settled himself on his seat earlier then just decided to play games on his phone while waiting for Jisoo to finish dancing with Jinyoung. He let Jinyoung dance with Jisoo for he doesn’t want to appear selfish on the eyes of others, but he’s just really a kind person.

He fetched out his phone from his coat’s pocket then unlocked it and tapped the icon of the game that he found entertaining lately. He played the game for about a couple of times, but just after a few minutes, he exited the game and checked the time. 2:00 AM.

He just played the game for just thirty minutes but he felt like he already played it for like five hours. Time really felt dull without his friends, and Jisoo. He locked his phone again and returned it to his pocket. He glanced back at the dancefloor where he left Jisoo and Jinyoung.

Then he suddenly stood up when he didn’t see them there, he tried to look over the crowd thinking that they just got blended in the crowd further but he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he still found none.

He saw Jimin and Rose walking towards their table probably about to take some rest from the dancing as the DJ turned the music from a slow one to a lively one that the crowd went wilder in dancing, partying hard.

He went to where his friends are and asked them, “Hey, have you seen Jisoo?” he asked them but felt a pang of dismay when Jimin shook his head no, and Rose looked around then shrugged also indicating that it was a no.

He thanked them and just decided to looj for her by himself. He walked around the whole ballroom but no Jisoo was found. He glanced at the door of the ballroom, and decided to try on checking for her outside.

He stepped out of the venue and looked left and right deciding to where he should go first. He looked slightly above on the left side and saw that there was a sign directing to where the restrooms were.

He started walking to that direction as he figured Jisoo might have been in the restroom, retouching her make–up, maybe. He walked straightly and saw that there was another left turn and another arrow was pointed there with the restroom sign.

He was about to turn left again but decided to stop and lean on the wall when he heard two people talking. He peeked slightly behind the wall and saw that it was Jinyoung talking to a girl in front of him. He looked at the girl he was talking to that was back facing him, at first he didn’t care who it was but he took a second glance when he recognized the dress the girl was wearing.

It was black, short, and full of silver and shiny beads. Only one girl was dressed in that kind clothe tonight – Jisoo.

He hid himself behind the wall and just decided to leave them alone for it wasn’t his thing to eavesdrop on other people’s conversation though he was curious why they both left the ballroom. He shrugged and was about to take his first step on walking away when he heard something… Something that it turned out to be the most upsetting thing he heard in his life, and what’s worst was, it came directly from Jisoo.

“So, you want me to leave Jin, and be with you, again?” she heard him asked, and the next thing she said really broke him, “Sure, I’ll do that. You were better than him after all…”

Jin was rooted to his spot then he peeked behind the wall again, and what he saw broke him even more, Jinyoung had this wide happy smile on his face while hugging Jisoo tightly and Jisoo’s hands were on his sides. Hearing the word again, he figured Jinyoung was probably her ex–boyfriend she had talked about that she didn’t even bother to introduce to him, not exactly introduce but she should’ve at least told him the truth about Jinyoung’s sudden appearance in their school and its constant interaction with her and who he was in her life.

He couldn’t stand to watch more that he abruptly walked away from where he was hiding and went back inside the ballroom to their table where Jimin and Rose were resting. He was hoping that Jisoo would pull away but none of that happened. He felt stupid as he expected Jisoo would finally say those three words back to him… But witnessing that, he was definitely wrong.

He felt dumb, and stupid. He felt like he wasted one full year on waiting for the girl he thought was worthy of his patience, and love. But he was totally wrong. He drunk the glass of water in one go as he tried to calm himself.

“Hyung, are you okay? Have you found noona?” Jimin asked him with concern.

He placed the glass back down and turned to Jimin with a blank expression on his face, “If you’re done, just go to the parking lot, I’ll wait for you in the car,” then he turned around and left them in confusion hearing their loud shouts calling for him to come back.

He ignored them as he wanted to quickly be out of that place, out of this place, and not to see Jisoo anymore. But fate was like playing a trick on him as he bumped into Jisoo on his way out, “Jin!” she called out with a smile and ran towards him.

But even before she reached him, he walked away faster and headed for the other entrance of the hotel where the parking lot was nearer. He heard loud clicks of heels heating the tiled floor as Jisoo ran after him, “Jin wait!” he heard her call.

He stopped on his tracks and faced her with a stern look, “What?” he asked coldly making Jisoo frown at his sudden change of mood.

“W–what’s wrong?” she asked, confused.

“Look, just go back there and be with Jinyoung, and leave me alone,” he said intensely then turned around again but didn’t get to walk away as Jisoo pulled his hand making him face her again.

“Jin, what’s happening? What are you talking about?” Jisoo asked worriedly and at the same time nervously.

“Don’t play dumb with me Jisoo. Just go and be with him. It’s what you wanted anyway. Look, I’m doing you a favor, just go,” he said and kept on pushing her away.

Jisoo realized what he was talking about. The thing she was scared of really happened tonight. She figured Jin must’ve heard her conversation with Jinyoung, she was out of his sight for a little longer than expected no wonder he’ll go and look for her and unexpectedly, unfortunately, he found her in the most wrong situation.

She pulled his hand again, “Jin, no, it’s not like that–”

She tried to explain but Jin was stubborn and blinded by anger, he shoved her hand away and cut her words, “There’s nothing to explain, Jisoo. I’ve seen enough,” he said calmly but anger was clearly evident in his tone.

He continued walking away leaving Jisoo behind, “No, you heard it wrong! Seokjin please hear me out!” she desperately shouted as she tried to run after him but stopped when her heel broke that caused for her ankle to twist and she fell on the ground. She winced in pain as she burst into tears but it wasn’t for the pain that caused by her ankle. It was the pain that came from Jin leaving her and giving up on her.

Jin fastened his pace on walking towards his car. Once in front of it, he quickly unlocked it and went inside the driver’s seat. He punched his car’s steering wheel as he let out a shout of frustration, “ARGHH!!!”

Then hit his forehead against it as tears of sadness, frustration, the feeling of being betrayed, and regret, started to fall…