CHAPTER 44

FOUR

Seeing that the three guys inside the room just kept on looking at them weirdly and completely ignored Jimin’s urgent calling to their hyung between his heavy pants, Rose and Jennie were starting to ran out of patience that they fastened their pace and walked over to Jin then held both of his hands and pulled him outside with them, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung inside, dumbfounded.

Jin just let the two girls pull him since he was too surprised, confused, and curious at the same time about where they have been, why they were running all the way to Jisoo’s hospital room like they have something urgent to tell him. Plus Jimin shouting at him despite the heavy breaths that he had been producing since he slammed the door open.

They brought him to the corner where Jennie previously had her conversation with her mother, the three took deep breaths first to calm themselves before speaking. Jin was just there standing watching them in complete confusion yet feeling weird towards them.

“You guys… Uhm… Want some water?” He asked them unsure, but the three just continued what they were doing, well they actually climbed a serious number of flights of staircases because they couldn’t wait for the elevator anymore, they wanted to tell Jin everything they knew so he and Jisoo would be in good terms again. Jin scratched the back of his head thinking, wondering, then deciding that they totally need a sip of water, he turned his back from them and said, “I’ll be back, I’ll get you all something to drink–”

“NO! STAY HERE!”

Jin abruptly turned around, back at facing them again with wide eyes, shocked from the shouting of the three. And slowly his big eyes squinted with his eyebrows furrowing, his patience was slowly slipping away as the three was taking too long to say what they were about to say, “Aish, spill it out now,” he impatiently said.

Just in time, the three finally recovered from all the running and climbing, then stood up properly in front of him with serious faces, “Hyung, noona has been telling the truth all along, you were there at the wrong time and at the same time left at the wrong time as well,” Jimin started, Jennie and Rose nodding on the side.

Jin raised an eyebrow, “Explain further,” he asked with a strict voice but Jennie just rolled his eyes from him as he was kind of being a slow poke right now.

Jennie sighed, “Oppa what we’re saying was, simple! Jisoo unnie never intended to hurt you, yes you had heard that she told Jinyoung that he was better than you but you clouding your mind in total anger shouldn’t have left because what she had said next probably made you jump in joy and victory!”

“Deh! Did you know what she said? Did you? Did you?” Rose asked, or more like chanted in a more excited tone than being serious like her two companions making Jennie smack her lightly on her arm as if saying to be serious right now, that made Rose stopped herself from jumping a little, cleared , and composed herself, then gave Jin a serious look, “She said that yes Jinyoung was better but YOU are… THE BEST!!!! KYAAAAAAAAA! OPPAAAAAAAA! You should’ve stayed there longer!” Rose exclaimed in a serious tone at first then it slowly went hysterically happy.

The time she spent composing and making herself look more proper was all wasted making Jennie hit her own face with her own palm while Jimin hit his forehead with his own palm too. Rose was still rejoicing but Jin was just there watching her, still with the confused and questioning look.

Jimin sighed at the sight of his hyung, Rose celebrating was obviously giving all him the hints yet he was still there standing as still as a rock. Jennie snapped her fingers in front of Jin’s face roughly making him blink rapidly and turned to Jennie, “Oppa, please hurry up and adsorb this all, don’t waste the efforts we made in climbing the stairs from ground floor to eleventh floor or I swear I’ll bury you alive!”

“Hyung, don’t you still get it?! Jisoo noona loves you NOT Jinyoung! Aish,” Jimin said out of exasperation, he couldn’t believe his hyung was actually this slow, he was smart, yes, but when it came to this kind of things, he was as slow as a turtle.

Jin felt his ears perked up at the last thing Jimin said, his eyes filled with a mixture of disbelief, delight, and shock, he couldn’t believe it, Jisoo loves him, Jimin said. Jisoo loves him. He didn’t expect it to hear it this way, he was fantasizing to hear it straight from Jisoo’s mouth, but hell he cared about that anymore, the important thing was the news finally sank in and was absorbed in his right mind.

The three watched him with expressions you couldn’t even determine, they were worried that Jin still couldn’t get what they were saying, they were hoping that finally he would FINALLY get it, they were annoyed he was being too slow when it was the wrong time to be like that, but they still kept their patience and understood him as all the words they had been saying to him might had overwhelmed him, that they gave him time to process everything, but there was still Jennie who was starting to plan out the things she’ll do to bury him alive if he still failed to get everything.

“Jisoo loves me?” Jin asked them one more time that made Jennie step forward suddenly and was prepared to smack her oppa’s head because of his question, good thing Rose had held her at the right time, pulling her back beside her.

“Oppa, yes! Unnie loves you! Okay, she LOVES you! Not Jinyoung!” Rose repeated with a roll of her eyes, if earlier she was already fangirling, now she was feeling what Jimin and Jennie felt when Jin kept on asking questions.

Jimin sighed tiredly at his hyung, “If you still don’t want to believe it, we could call Seulgi and tell her it to you herself the whole thing, because believe it or not, she was there when Jisoo noona and Jinyoung were talking or more like arguing,” Jimin cleared as he fetched out his phone from his pocket and was ready to call Seulgi over when suddenly they heard Jin squealing and jumping around in joy that it was now their time to watch him weirdly.

“Jisoo loves me! Jisoo loves me! Yes! Jisoo loves me! Who loves me? Jisoo! Who does Jisoo loves? Me! Jisoo loves me!”

Those were the words that Jin was continuously saying, more like cheering, he finally felt that familiar feeling of being happy, excited, appreciated, contented, blissful – everything! Everything that you could feel when everything’s finally going back to where it should be.

He was continuously celebrating, yelling, cheering, even dancing like he was partying even without music. The three were just still there behind him watching him in total awe, just earlier he was so slow, confused, and blank that it provoked them in a bad way especially Jennie, but now he was the complete opposite and doing the things that a man could do when he won the million prize in a lottery.

Jin was completely lost in the world full of happiness but he suddenly stopped from jumping and stayed still, his happy face was slowly dropping, and his tall figure crouching down to the floor, hugging his knees, “She… Loves me… All this time… But all this time… I pushed her away…” he said in realization, “And now she’s still not waking up… How could I make everything clear now…?”

Feeling determined, Jin rose from his crouching, and put a game face on then motioned his hand in a ‘fighting’ position, “I should go back there, and be by her side at all times, and pray that she would wake up already. Yeah! FIGHTING!!!”

And just like that the three saw him walking away from where they were heading back to Jisoo’s hospital room.

“Did we do the right thing?” Jimin asked the two still in awe.

“I guess we did,” Rose answered in the same condition.

“But he just left…” Jennie trailed off as she was also in awe like the two, “Not even thanking us…” Jimin and Rose nodded in agreement.

Jin opened the door harshly startling Taehyung and Jungkook again, they watched as their hyung hastily sat on the chair beside Jisoo’s bed and held her hand again before closing his eyes and saying all of the prayers he knew and memorized. Taehyung and Jungkook knew what he was doing was the best for Jisoo but they couldn’t help themselves but to give Jin a weird look while doing it because usually Jin would just sit there and quietly stare at Jisoo with sadness and guilt filling his eyes.

“What did just happened?” Jungkook asked while staring at their hyung.

Taehyung shook his head while looking at Jin too, “I don’t know…”

Just then Jimin, Rose, and Jennie entered the room with a calmer aura than the first time they returned from wherever they had been. They all went straightly the other side of Jisoo’s bed and just like Jungkook and Taehyung, gave Jin a weird look. But they just quickly shrugged it all away as they looked at Jisoo with a sigh, wishing for the same thing, for her to wake up sooner. Jungkook and Taehyung stood up from the couch and stood on the foot of Jisoo’s bed. They all bowed their heads and silently prayed for Jisoo’s fast recovery, as well as Jin.

They had their eyes closed as silence engulfed the whole room. No one dared to talk, or start a conversation. They let silence surround them that it was utterly comfortable for them. Their soft breathings and Jin’s soft mumbling were heard inside the room, but suddenly another sound was heard…

“Wa…ter…”

Their eyes shot up open when they heard a tired yet soft voice, it sounded more like a whisper but because of the complete silence around them, they all managed to hear it. They looked at each other in shock then slowly, all at the same time, turned their gazes to Jisoo, and relief and happiness washed over their faces. She’s awake! She was finally awake! After waiting for almost a day, Jisoo had finally woken up, they thought this day would just pass by without any improvement in her condition, but they were wrong.

“Unnie…” Rose and Jennie called out with tears of happiness rolling down on their faces, they quickly leaned down to Jisoo and hugged her making Jisoo smile weakly.

“Water… Please…” she asked again, Jungkook quickly poured the bottle of water on a small bowl with a spoon as the doctor said that it was best to spoon fed it to Jisoo first. He quickly gave it to Jin who was closer to Jisoo. Jin accepted it without even tearing his gaze off of Jisoo.

Jennie and Rose released their unnie first and wiped their faces as Jin scooped a spoon full of water then slowly and carefully fed it to Jisoo.

Jisoo drank the water and slowly lifted her gaze to know who was the one feeding her, and to her surprise it was Jin, “Jin…” she weakly said. Jin smiled at her warmly and caressed her face lovingly.

“I’m glad you’re awake…” he softly said still with the smile despite the tear that fell from his eye. Jisoo smiled and leaned in more to his touch. She missed him so much… (Seokjin: Awake cue!)

The others watched as their friends reunited, they felt so happy for the both of them. Taehyung walked to the wall who had the button for the nurse’s assistance, he quickly pressed it so that the doctor could check on Jisoo again.

Not long after the door opened and someone entered, they all turned to the door expecting that it was the doctor and nurses as Taehyung just pressed the button for their assistance, but all their eyes widen in surprise when they saw who it was, even Jisoo’s droopy and tired eyes got bigger seeing the person that just entered her room.

The figure stood there, with her luggage on her side, with that familiar bright smile on her face. Her eyes were watery about to cry in happiness for she was finally back with the people who she called her family.

“LALISA!” Jennie and Rose exclaimed at the same and also ran towards at the said girl caging her in their tight embrace. The three of them hugged each other as they were jumping in circle with bright, wide smiles on their faces, eyes in the shape of crescents.

“You’re back! You’re really back!” Rose said while hugging each other.

“Deh, I missed you!” Lisa exclaimed looking at her unnies.

“Yah, you’re leaving me out,” they heard Jisoo whined that they walked towards her bed and gave her a group hug, “Ah, maknae is back!”

Jin backed away slightly giving the girls enough space to hug Jisoo. He stood beside Taehyung as he watched the girls with a smile along with his friends, except for one person, Jeon Jungkook.

His gaze never left the girl since she stepped foot inside the room. He didn’t know what to feel or do – should he be happy? Should he hug her? Should he greet her and say welcome back? Should he say hello? Or… Should he be angry at her?

He didn’t know, his mind was full of questions, he was too shocked, he wasn’t prepared, heck he wasn’t even sure if he’ll ever see her again, but now she was in front of him again, smiling at him, and called him out with the nickname she had for him, “Kookie…”

She said and approached him. But Jungkook took a step backward while staring at her. She couldn’t read him right now, but she felt hurt when he backed away from her, she reached for his hand but Jungkook stepped beside her and passed by, walking out of the room leaving her dumbfounded.

She blankly stared at the space in front of her, realizing that Jungkook just left her like that, she snapped her head to where he walked, she was glued on her spot when she heard Jisoo and the guys encouraged her, “Go, follow him.”

She heard them say that she didn’t waste any second and walked after Jungkook, she saw him already walked inside the elevator that she started running towards it, “Jungkook, wait!” she called out but Jungkook didn’t hear her as the elevator already closed. She saw that the arrow pointing upwards was lit and the small screen beside it showed sixteen, the highest floor of the hospital.

Lisa pressed the up button repeatedly until the other elevator finally arrived and opened, she hastily went inside and pressed the number 16. She tapped her foot impatiently as the elevator went up, she also prayed that just this once the elevator won’t stop at any floor and just go straight to 16th floor.

Granting her wish, she arrived at her floor in no time, she saw an open door and guessed that’s where Jungkook went. She walked towards it and discovered that it was the hospital’s rooftop that seemed like a small park with benches and plants around.

She scanned the whole place looking for Jungkook. And when she spotted him, she quickly went to his direction, she saw him standing, staring at the sky full of stars at the far right corner of the place. When she reached him, she stood right beside him, unsure of what to say.

She knew Jungkook already felt that she was there but he wasn’t uttering any word, this was more painful than she expected. She expected him to yell and be angry at her, but what was Jungkook doing now, which was being quiet and ignoring her, appeared to be more hurtful than that.

Lisa sighed and took up all the courage as she finally speak up, “Jungkook…”

“Why are you here?” He asked, still looking at the sky. His tone wasn’t angry nor cold, it was rather calm and comforting, but it made her more nervous.

“I came back.”

“Why did you come back?”

“Of course, I came back for you–”

“Why did you leave me then?” he turned around and now fully faced her. He stared back at her eyes that was full of emotions, while his was completely empty.

Lisa felt like crying, but she held it all in as she continued to talk, “It wasn’t my intention to leave you, I was trapped, I didn’t have any other choice,” she sighed and mustered up all her courage as she felt this was the right time to explain everything to him, “When I first came back from Thailand, that’s when I knew he had set me up in an arranged marriage for our company, I complained I swear! I didn’t want to be in that agreement because I already have you. But my father was too persistent and was too mad at me that he even tried to confiscate my passport that time so I won’t be able to go back here. It left me no choice but to agree to him since I wanted to go back and spend the remaining time I had left with you…”

“I know I lied at saying nothing was wrong and everything was fine, and I’m sorry for that. I just don’t know how to break the news for you… I didn’t want to see you hurt because it’s going to hurt me more… That’s why I did everything I can to spend a lot of time, and make a lot of happy memories with you… Before I enter a miserable life… And when I told you I don’t love you anymore, it wasn’t true! None of it was true! That’s not true Kookie… You know that…” she thought Jungkook would softened up already but nothing changed in his expression, it’s still blank that it’s breaking her.

But she still didn’t lose hope and continued explaining, “Then I came back to Thailand again… In that one week, I fought my father for that… I did everything I could just to change his mind… But he was as still as a hard rock… I felt hopeless that one night, I lashed out on him, making him slap me on the face…” she smiled bitterly at the thought, “But because of that, I earned my freedom back! My father told me everything that he felt inside, turned out he just didn’t want me to leave our family, and that he just wanted to be close with me… He apologized to me and I forgave him… Then here I am… In front of you again…” she smiled but nothing changed in him.

She reached his hand much to her relief that he didn’t retract it from her, “Jungkook, please believe me… I didn’t mean any of that… I didn’t mean to hurt you, I don’t want to hurt you…”

“But you still hurt me anyway,” he finally spoke and slowly slipped his hand from hers.

Lisa bowed her head as she felt the tears were forming on the corner of her eyes about to fall already, “Kookie, I’m sorry… Please forgive me… I’m sorry…” but she heard nothing but footsteps of Jungkook walking away from her again.

She lifted her head up and saw his walking figure slowly disappearing from her sight that she turned around and covered her face with both of her hands as she started to sob uncontrollably, that familiar heavy feeling was back again.

She blamed herself for all of this, she felt stupid as she thought it took her long enough to be out of that deal. She could’ve done it sooner, or even before she could go back there again when she left Jungkook. She felt upset, she felt disappointed, she felt like there’s no point in returning here after all, she felt nothing but pain.  

 She cried her heart out as she couldn’t handle the heavy feeling anymore, she felt lonely, she felt alone once again, but suddenly… She felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around her behind, and a head resting on her shoulder, she could feel the warmth, and comfort, and affection, and love…

“You should’ve told me… I could’ve fought for you then…” she heard him. She heard the voice she had been longing for this whole time. It made her finally smile again, the smile that only he could brought out, the smile that was only meant for him, and only him.

She slowly turned around to face him, and she felt so relieved when she finally saw love, care, and longing in his eyes, “I’m sorry…”

Jungkook cupped her face with both of his hands wiping her tear–stained cheeks in the process, “Shhh… Don’t say that please… Don’t say that… You didn’t do anything wrong, you just did what you have to do… I’m sorry I left you, I’m sorry for being dull earlier, I swear I’m happy I saw you again but everything just came in like a storm, I didn’t know what to do, it was too much for me to handle, I got confused, I felt overwhelmed, I felt pressured, I–”

“I love you, Mr. Jeon.”

Lisa cut him off. He stared at her completely stunned, she surely caught him off guard, making her giggle, “W–what did you j–just say…?” he asked unsure.

Lisa entwined her arms around his neck and smiled sweetly at him, “I love you, Jungkookie…”

“I love you too, my Lalice…” Jungkook tightened his hold on her, pulling her closer as he smiled back at her, “I love you so much…”