CHAPTER 19

FOUR

‘Unnie, try looking in their mailbox, and 0613.’

Jennie read the message that pop out on her phone screen, “Mailbox?” she asked in confusion but just shrugged then looked around her and saw the boys’ mailbox. She quickly walked closer to it and opened its lid. She looked inside and somewhere there she found a key.

She smiled upon getting it then hurriedly walked to the boys’ gate again and shot the key to the hole and opened the gate. She went inside and locked the gate again. Then she walked her way to their door and punched in the code that made her smile in success when she got in.

She took off her shoes and borrowed one of the indoor slipper that was too big for her but she just shrugged and slowly walked inside their house, “Taehyung?” she called out but no one answered. She went to the kitchen then to the living room but didn’t see any Taehyung.

She decided to go upstairs and check their bedroom. She turned left and walked straightly in front of the second door, “Taehyung?” she called again and knocked on the door. But still, she heard nothing.

She sighed then held the doorknob and slowly twisted it. She carefully opened the door and peeked inside first before completely entering, she then saw the guy she was looking for sleeping peacefully on his bed. She smiled softly at the view then walked in and sat on the space beside Taehyung. 

She stared at his sleeping face, and gently caressed his soft hair then saw Taehyung pouting and slowly opening his eyes, “Jennie?” Taehyung said and Jennie smiled at him.

“How are you feeling?” she asked with a soft smile, he didn’t answer, instead he leaned closer to her touch while closing his eyes again, liking the feeling of her combing his hair between her fingers. Jennie frowned a little when she got no answer from Taehyung, she moved closer to him then used her other hand to touch his forehead.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she felt that his temperature was just normal. She checked his forehead again and this time she was also feeling her own temperature to make sure. Taehyung opened his eyes when he didn’t feel Jennie’s hand on his hair instead it was on his forehead, the scene before him made him chuckle a bit, he found Jennie’s confused expression cute, “What are you doing?” he asked.

Jennie looked at him with her hands still on their forehead, “They said that you have a fever, so I’m checking if you’re burning, but I feel like we just have the same temperature,” she explained.

“Who said that I have a fever?” he asked with one eyebrow raised. Jennie retracted her hand in realization that the boys just said he wasn’t feeling well.

“Well, the oppas and Kookie said you were not feeling well so I just assumed,” she answered looking down feeling shy for a moment.

Taehyung chuckled then held her hand that was previously caressing his hair and placed it on his cheek. Jennie looked at him as he held her hand while it was pressed on his cheek, his eyes closed. 

“How are you feeling, anyway?” She asked again.

“Why are you here? You should be in school by now,” he asked back instead of answering her question. 

Jennie sighed, “I… I wanted to see you,” she admitted that made Taehyung open his eyes and look directly at her.

“You wanted to see me?” he asked with a soft smile that made Jennie smile back.

“Neh… I mean- Wait- Uhm- Aish. Okay, I was worried,” she confessed then looked away again feeling embarassed. Taehyung chuckled and pinched her puffy cheeks. He moved his head to her lap and closed his eyes again, Jennie’s presence comforted him. Jennie froze when he did that but nevertheless, relaxed immediately then back at it again with combing his hair with her fingers softly that she found Taehyung loves.

A comfortable silence surrounded them until Taehyung broke it, “Thank you,” he softly mumbled as he cherished the feeling of being with Jennie now.

“For what?” Jennie asked, staring down at him.

“For being here now,” he answered smiling and slowly opened his eyes and saw Jennie already staring at him. 

Jennie nodded and smiled, “Have you eaten?”

Taehyung pouted and shook his head, “What? It’s already lunch time!” she nagged.

Taehyung looked away from her then scratched his head, “I… I don’t know how to cook,” he shyly said making Jennie giggle.

“Alright, come on, I’ll cook for you,” she said then carefully removed his head from her lap then stood up and pulled him up from the bed that he gladly followed. He just let Jennie drag him to their kitchen. When they arrived, she let him sit on the stool at the island counter while she quickly went to their fridge to find something to eat.

“Hmm, will kimchi fried rice be okay?” she asked then looked back at Taehyung who was sitting with his elbow propped on the counter and his chin rested on his palms. 

“Anything is fine,” he answered with a faint smile. She nodded then pulled out everything she needed from the fridge and proceeded on cooking. Once done, she quickly served it to Taehyung then sat in front of him, “Eat up!”

Taehyung picked up the spoon then thanked her before eating his first bite, they continued eating in silence until Jennie broke it, “Geunde, Taehyung-ah, what’s the matter?” she softly asked, she really felt that something’s bothering him for knowing Taehyung he’s very talkative and energetic around her, but now he’s quiet and not smiling often.

She heard him sigh, “I miss my halmeoni… It’s her memorial today,” he answered, she could feel his heavy heart as he said those words, it made her sad too. 

She was at lost for words. She didn’t know how to comfort people, she thinks that she’s awkward when it comes to those things, but she didn’t expect that Taehyung would be looking up and smiling widely to the next words she spoke, “Let’s go to Daegu then.”

“Chincha!??” he asked happily, and it made her smile, her gummy smile, seeing him finally smile with that square shaped smile of his. She nodded quickly and the next thing she knew Taehyung was beside her and hugging her tightly. Again, she was suprised that she looked down feeling her cheeks burn.

She felt her head looking up when Taehyung cupped her face and made him look at him directly, “Thank you Jennie-ah!! Chincha chincha chincha gomawo!!” he cheerfully exclaimed then suddenly kissed her forehead that widened her eyes, “I’ll be getting ready then!!!” he yelled as he skipped his way upstairs to his bedroom leaving Jennie in a shock condition. 

She blinked rapidly, waking up from her daze, everything happened so quickly, she fanned herself especially her face as she felt that it was heating up for the scenes kept on repeating in her mind that her heartbeat was also getting faster, and it’s not helping her, “Oh, god, Jennie, calm down,” she chanted to herself in english, her habit that goes out whenever she’s nervous and  very surprised.

She breathed in and out, still trying to calm herself, and somehow she found breathing helpful and fanned herself again, “Okay… That’s it Jennie,” she told herself as she exhaled. Once, she seemed stable, she just decided to continue on eating as she waited for Taehyung then took out her phone from her pocket and checked the train station’s schedule. 

After some minutes, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and getting closer where she was. She looked at the direction of the sound then found Taehyung already dressed up, and she guessed that she looked like she was drooling over him. He was wearing a black-not-so-fitted pants, a black blazer, an inner white polo with some designs, and white sneakers. (A/N: This was based from their performance of I Neeed U in MBC last December 26, 2015, check it out guys! :D)

God, he looks like a model. She squeled inwardly that she shook her head rapidly, realizing what she was doing. God, Jennie, focus!

“Jenduekie, gwenchana?” she stopped shaking her head when she heard his deep voice. She cleared and sat properly then looked at him, “Neh, the next train will leave in two hours,” she said trying to make a topic.

Taehyung smiled happily, “Let’s go to your house so you can change, and get everything you need,” Jennie nodded then quickly stood up and cleaned the table, Taehyung helped her and volunteered to do the dishes while Jennie wore her school shoes then they’ll be going. Once done, Taehyung left a post it note on the fridge for his brothers then they went outside of the house and made their way to the girls’ house. 

When they arrived, Jennie told Taehyung to wait for her in the living room as she quickly went to her and Jisoo’s room to change, she wore a black skinny jeans, black turtle neck top, a gray blazer, and her black and white checkered vans slip ons, she then got her black backpack and packed two pairs of clothes for Taehyung told her that they’ll be staying there over the weekend and she gladly agreed.

When done, she quickly went downstairs and told Taehyung they were ready to go, they hopped on a cab to the train station as Jennie sent a message to her Jisoo unnie as she was sure that woman will go mad if she didn’t know where Jennie was. 

They arrived at the train station, bought tickets, Taehyung paid for it both though Jennie inisisted that she’ll pay hers, but Taehyung snatched her wallet then lifted it up and as expected she can’t reach it. After paying, Taehyung gave her wallet back to her with a smug smile. 

She rolled her eyes at him then walked before him but she suddenly stopped when Taehyung hugged her from behind, “Thank you Jennie-ah, you don’t know how happy I am,” she heard him say in a soft voice, she slowly turned to him and saw that his head was leaning on her shoulder, she smiled then leaned her head on his, holding his arms that were wrapped around her.