CHAPTER 25

FOUR

The school bell rang, signaling the start of their classes. Students started walking through the school corridors heading to their classrooms. Jungkook first walked Lisa to her class before going to his own, whereas he’s classmates with his Taehyung hyung.

Once in front of Lisa’s classroom, Jungkook quickly kissed her on the cheek then run away from her not giving her the chance to get out of her shocked state first.

Then a soothing voice got her out of her trance, “Ahhh, young love,” Lisa turned to the person who said that and it was her Jimin oppa giving her a teasing look, who was in the same class as  her. She just chuckled at his teasing then punched his arm playfully and told him that they should go to their seats now.

Sadly for Jisoo, she’s walking alone in the hallway heading to her classroom. She was unfortunately put in a section whereas she wasn’t classmates with any of her closest friends. When she reached her classroom, some of her classmates greeted her as she made friends with a few of them.

She greeted them back with a bright smile but inside of her, she was troubled. She thought that her misfortunes ended when she didn’t receive a text message the following days after he sent her the message that said he missed her. She sat on her seat which was behind her Japanese friend, Mina, one of her classmates that she managed to befriend with.

Jisoo decided to set aside her troubles first as Mina greeted her, and they chatted for a while. They talked a lot of stuff, as they got a lot pf things in common, like their tastes in music, movies, and also their responsibilities as a part of their school’s student council. Jisoo was elected as the Secretary, while Mina was elected as their Treasurer.

Then their first period teacher, who was at the same time their student council adviser. They stopped talking and sat properly on their seats as their teacher greeted them, “Deh, good morning.”

“Good morning, teacher–nim,” the class answered back.

“Before we start, I would like to announce something first,” Mr. Gong, their teacher said, and glanced at the door where two other students were waiting, the class followed her gaze, and Jisoo’s eyes widen, her heart pounding rapidly, she questioned herself if their school was really that short in the number of sections for him to be her classmate.

“We have two new students, so help me welcome them,” Mr. Gong continued then the two students came in and stood in front facing the class, whispers were heard as they came and faced the students, most whispers were coming from some group of girls, “Quiet,” Mr. Gong scolded as he felt bothered.

He then looked at the two who was smiling to the class, “Please introduce yourselves,” he said.

“Kim Min Jae–imnida, good to be here,” Min Jae introduced with a smile, and bowed lightly after.

“Good day, I’m Park Jinyoung,” he then bowed, and when he rose his head after bowing, he directly stared at Jisoo’s troubled eyes, “Please take care of me,” once he said that, Jisoo glared at him, that he returned it with a smirk that caused some girls to squeal as they find him attractive. He said it as a part of his introduction for the whole class, but he said it as if he’s only asking Jisoo to take care of him, and for Jisoo it felt as if he was provoking her in a way she truly dislike.

“Deh, please welcome your new classmates warmly,” Mr. Gong asked that the class gladly responded with yes, “Ms. Jisoo,” he called out that got Jisoo’s attention and broke her glare away from Jinyoung.

She blinked rapidly, “N–neh, sir?”

“As tradition in welcoming the transferees, I am asking you as the secretary of the Student Council to give them a tour around our school so they’ll familiarize the place. But don’t worry, you won’t do it alone since Mr. Kim requested someone to tour him instead of you, she’ll be here any minute now, I believe,” Mr. Gong said much to Jisoo’s disappointment. She loved her role as the SC’s secretary and this is the only time she regretted being active in the school’s extracurricular activities.

And she doesn’t have any choice but to nod and agree on Mr. Gong’s orders. It was her position’s duty after all. She doesn’t care even if she won’t be doing it alone, for all she wanted was not to be in the same place as Jinyoung, and more specifically spend time with him.

Her thoughts were then interrupted when she heard a very familiar voice greeting their teacher, “Excuse me Sir, but you asked for me?” she heard then glanced at the door and found her best friend, Jennie.

“Oh deh, Ms. Jennie, come in. These two are our new students, Park Jinyoung and Kim Min Jae,” Mr. Gong introduced, she just nodded for she already knew them. She gave them a quick glance and caught sight of Min Jae widely smiling at her, making her feel awkward.

Jennie noticed that every time they were in the same place and were close enough with each other, he always shot her a smile and it kind of creeped her out because when it came to her, she observed that he was really friendly, especially when they first met in Daegu. He gave her more attention than his own brother, Taehyung.

“Mr. Min Jae here requested for you to tour him around the school later,” Mr. Gong told her.

“B–but sir, I’m not complaining or anything, but isn’t it the student council’s responsibility? And clearly, I’m not part of the said organization,” Jennie politely explained.

By the way Jennie spoke, Jisoo can clearly feel that she doesn’t want to do it, she knew her friend was uncomfortable around the said male.

“I know, Ms. Jennie. Geunde, our new student specifically asked for you, and judging by that, I think he knows you, also I think that would be a great factor for him to adopt and adjust in our school’s environment. Please do me this one favor, Ms. Jennie?” Mr. Gong asked one more time that she felt burdened for it was already a teacher that was asking her the favor.

“S–sure sir,” and just like Jisoo, she doesn’t have any choice but to agree, and she couldn’t deny in herself that she heard a quiet celebratory yes from Min Jae who was beside her.

“So that’s settled then. You will take care of Mr. Kim Min Jae, and Ms. Jisoo, will take care of Mr. Park Jinyoung,” she quickly glanced at where Jisoo was when she heard that. Jennie gave her a sympathetic look that Jisoo returned with a sad smile.

In her mind, if she felt uncomfortable with a stranger who was acting like a close friend around her then how much more her unnie would feel uncomfortable around her ex–boyfriend.

“You can carry on your duties later after lunch for all the sections are excused from the afternoon classes because of some faculty meeting regarding your Year End Commencement Exercise. Ms. Jennie, you can go back to your class now,” Mr. Gong dismissed. Jennie just nodded then bowed lightly before leaving the classroom.

“See you later, Jennie,” Jennie heard Min Jae whispered before she was completely out of the classroom. Hearing him call her informally just added more disturbing feeling to what she was feeling already, and she honestly felt that Min Jae was excited for their tour later by the his tone of speaking those words. She just nodded at him then hurried out of that classroom.

“Why is he like that?” she lowly muttered to herself as she quickened her pace in going back to her class.

After dismissing Jennie, Mr. Gong glanced around the room to find an empty seat. And Jisoo couldn’t help but be thankful as the empty seat were far away from where she was. When Mr. Gong found the empty seats on the back, he ordered the two to sit there, then started their lesson once everything was settled.

Lunch time came. Jennie, Rose, and Jin were walking their way to the cafeteria. Rose and Jin were talking while Jennie was just quietly following them from behind. Other days she would be cheerful hearing the bell ring for lunch break, but today, she dreaded to hear it for after lunch break she’ll be doing the request Mr. Gong asked of her.

It’s not like she dislike Min Jae as a human. It’s just that she wasn’t comfortable around new people. Usually if new people in your life act friendly like Min Jae does, you’ll be comfortable around him in no time, but for Jennie she felt different, especially whenever Min Jae looks and smiles at her with complete fondness.

In her mind, if she’s a person who likes to assume and expect, she’ll think that Min Jae has a thing for her, but then again she’s not that kind of person.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn’t notice that they were in the cafeteria already, in front of their usual table, she glanced around then saw Lisa, Jungkook, Rose, Jin, Jisoo, and Jimin were already in line to buy their foods. And she noticed one person was missing. She looked around to find him, then when she turned left her eyes were suddenly covered with big pair of hands causing her to only see black.

She was about to panic but she felt relieved and a smile creeping on her lips as she heard that familiar giggle. She held the hands that were covering her eyes and pulled it down then looked behind her and saw the person she was looking for giving her his boyish grin.

“Looking for me, huh?” he asked her still wearing that boyish grin she always liked. Jennie turned around fully and gave him a smile.

“Don’t you think your expectation was quite high, Taehyung–ssi?” she teasingly asked, and earned another chuckle from him.

“My apologies Jennie–ssi. As a peace offering, you don’t have to fall in line for your lunch, for I already have bought you lasagna, and burger for me,” Taehyung answered back with a sweet tone, making Jennie giggle then they looked at the table as he presented the food he bought.

Jennie clapped her hands in joy as she saw that Taehyung bought the food she likes. Seeing this satisfied Taehyung, he pulled out the chair in front of her letting her sit down, then he sat down on the chair beside her.

Jennie thanked her that Taehyung replied with his boxy smile. He then put the lasagna in front of her and took the burger for him. After that, they started eating their foods, but Jennie suddenly stopped when Taehyung exclaimed, “Ah,” then he tapped his pants pocket like he was finding something.

Jennie just watched him in confusion as he searched his pockets, and now his bag for something, then her eyebrows furrowed when she saw him smiled with wide eyes like he succeeded on finding what he was looking for.

She eyed him in curiosity as he took out a small cup of something that was moist from the outside. Taehyung then turned to her with a mischievous smile, “Since you’re too cute right now, I’ll give you some dessert,” he proudly said then gave her the cup that she accepted still with a confused expression.

But her confusion turned into joy when she read the label on the lid of the cup, milk flavored ice cream. She looked at Taehyung with her gummy smile, “Aren’t you a little sweet today, Taehyung–ssi?”

He chuckled and pinched her cheeks, “Only for you, Jennie–ssi,” Jennie let out a giggle, and thanked him.

“Yah, an ant colony’s being built in our table right now,” Rose teased them as she and Jimin arrived in their table and sat in front of them. They just chuckled at Rose and continued eating.

“Babe, don’t be jealous, I’ll be extra sweet with you too,” Jimin told Rose that made Jennie and Taehyung laugh a little as Rose glared at him but he just returned it with his irresistible eye smile.

Rose rolled her eyes from her boyfriend, “Park Jimin just eat,” she told him and started eating her food.

Jimin pouted cutely, “Why are you so mean? Is it the time of the month already?”

“Don’t ask!” Rose snapped.

“Confirmed,” Jimin muttered lowly but Rose still heard it.

“Yah!” then smacked his arm lightly.

Jimin continued to pout making the people in front of them chuckle at their little quarrel, “You guys are cute,” Jennie remarked, then not long after Jin, Jisoo, and the maknaes arrived in their table as well carrying their food trays.

They all continued on eating while talking about random things, then Rose mentioned something that surprised the boys including Lisa, “Taehyung oppa, have you seen your brother, Min Jae–ssi? He studies here now.”

“W–what?” Taehyung asked in surprise.

Jennie went quiet as she forgot to tell him about it. She glanced at Jisoo and found her also quiet while they were talking about it.

“Deh, we bumped into him this morning, and told us that,” Rose further explained.

“He didn’t mention it to me…”

“Yah Taehyung, you two don’t talk that much so don’t expect,” Jin said that got the girls’ attention.

“Geunde oppa, how did you become brothers? I think we haven’t asked you that, right?” Lisa asked as she eyed her unnies who nodded in agreement.

“Ah, he’s also my father’s son,” Taehyung simply answered not looking at them. They figured he doesn’t want to talk about it that they just nodded and continued eating again.

“You didn’t tell me before,” Jennie told him just loud enough for the two of them.

“Mian,” Taehyung replied with an apologetic smile, but Jennie shook her head and flashed him her sincere smile as if saying that it was okay and she understands.

“Jisoo yah,” Jin turned to Jisoo who was quietly munching her food, she looked at him with a ‘what’ look, “Let’s go out on Saturday,” he said with his handsome smile.

Jisoo smiled back liking the idea, “Su–“ she was about to answer but was interrupted when she heard someone called out her name behind her, the voice very familiar to her, including with the girls that they also turned to the person behind Jisoo.

“Jisoo–ssi,” the girls turned to the voice, and once seeing the person, their expressions eventually turned dark, it was none other than Jinyoung.

“I have finished my lunch, can we go on the tour right now?” he asked coolly not minding the glares that were directed to him.

“But she hasn’t finished her food yet,” Jin was the one who answered that made Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

“I was clearly talking to her, not to you,” he said in a matter–of–fact tone, making Jin clenched his fist that Jisoo noticed.

“Can you wait for me outside? I’ll finish this quickly,” Jisoo said, and to her relief Jinyoung nodded and left without another word.

“Who’s that? He’s rude,” Jin asked, obviously annoyed.

“He’s Park Jinyoung, a transferee also, Mr. Gong asked me to tour him around after lunch as the SC secretary,” Jisoo said, doing her best to appear as calm as possible, but really, she was nervous. She didn’t want Jinyoung to appear before her while she’s with Jin. She’s afraid the guy will say or do something stupid that will cause a problem between her and Jin.

“And what’s with you three? If looks could kill, that transferee would be in a morgue right now,” Jungkook said as he noticed Lisa, Jennie, and Rose shooting death glares at Jinyoung.

The three girls cleared their throats, “Aniya, we just find him rude too,” Lisa reasoned. The girls knew that Jin and the boys doesn’t know who Jinyoung was and what he was in their Jisoo unnie’s life.

Minutes later, Jisoo stood up and told them she’s going now. But before she could go, Jin grabbed her hand stopping her, “Yah your answer,” he said pouting.

Jisoo chuckled, “Sure, I’ll go with you,” she answered with a smile then Jin let go of her and waved good bye to her while smiling.

“TAKE CARE JISOO YAH!!”

“Hyung, you’re too loud!” Jungkook scolded.

“You don’t care,” Jin backfired then stuck his tongue out to him that Jungkook just rolled his eyes from his hyung.

“Shall we go, Jennie?” they heard another person asked Jennie and looked beside her then saw Min Jae standing and waiting for her answer.

“Min Jae–ah!” Taehyung exclaimed excitedly, Min Jae smiled at him, “Nice to see you here.”

“Annyeong hyung, I study here now,” he said.

“Yeah, I heard. But why transfer? Is there something wrong in your previous school?” Taehyung asked curiously and at the same time concerned as he felt worried that his brother might have been into trouble that’s why he transferred.

“Aniya hyung, there’s just something in this school that interests me,” then his gaze shifted to Jennie. The others noticed this and they didn’t like it one bit. Jennie looked away from his stare and just decided to eat the ice cream Taehyung gave her.

“Geunde Min Jae, are you going with Jennie somewhere?” Jin asked as no one dared to talk after that scene and it became awkward.

“Ah, deh. She’ll be touring me around the school,” he answered with a smile.

“Geunde wae?”

They heard Taehyung abruptly asked. Jennie looked at Taehyung who was looking at his brother waiting for an answer, and saw that Taehyung was a little troubled.

“Right, shouldn’t you be with Jisoo noona and Jinyoung–ssi?” Jimin added.

“Ah, I requested Mr. Gong for Jennie since he asked me if I know someone from here that could show me around,” he replied.

“But I’m here too, why didn’t you ask for me? I’m your brother after all,” Taehyung said, sadness was obvious in his tone that Lisa and Rose looked at him in sympathy.

“Ah, Jennie came in my mind first, so,” he shrugged, “Ah hyung, don’t be jealous,” he joked then turned to Jennie again, “Shall we go?”

Jennie just nodded, she thought that the intense atmosphere surrounding them now would fade if they go now, “See you guys later,” she said before leaving with Min Jae that didn’t even bother to say good bye to them.

“I have a bad feeling about that brother of yours Taehyung,” Jimin told him seriously. Rose looked at Jimin and saw how serious he looked and she knew that he really doesn’t like Min Jae.

“Aish. Don’t think so negatively of him Jimin–ah,” Taehyung kindly said and forced a smile.

Jimin sighed, “Mian, Taehyungie.”

“Gwenchana.”

No one dared to talk after that, they just finished their food silently. Lisa and Rose were both thinking the same thing, it’s their Jisoo unnie spending time together with her ex–boyfriend, and they worried on what could possibly happen.

While the boys, Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin, worried about Taehyung and his brother. They were afraid that there was a possibility that the incident happened before will happen again.

And Taehyung, he felt a little bad that Min Jae didn’t thought of him, plus Jennie didn’t tell him earlier about the tour she’ll be doing with his brother.