CHAPTER 11

FOUR

After some girl talk, the girls decided to head to the cafeteria to grab some lunch. They lost track of time for they were really caught up with their chats, funny how they can still talk to each other for a long time for they’re already living in one house for almost three years now, that just shows how close they are with each other.

They were walking on the hallway to the cafeteria, Rosé walked beside Lisa while Jennie walked beside Jisoo, when suddenly they heard a phone ringing and it discovered it was Jisoo’s. They stopped for a while to let Jisoo answer the phone, “Who’s that?” Jennie asked before Jisoo slide the phone logo to green, answering.

“Jinnie,” Jisoo simply answered with a big smile then turned to the phone, “Neh?” Jisoo responded sweetly on the other line.

“Yah, eodiseo?” Jin asked from the other line.

“With the girls, heading to the cafeteria. Why?”

“We’re here already! What would you want to eat??” Jin asked excitedly making Jisoo chuckle while the three waited for their conversation to end.

“Yah unnie, just talk to him when we get there,” Rosé said when they saw Jisoo chuckled and took a little longer to respond but Jisoo just ignored them as she continued on talking with Jin.

The girls rolled their eyes as their unnie continued on talking with Jin while smiling widely and letting out some occasional giggles, “God, just be official already!” Rosé exclaimed again when Jisoo started playing with the ends of her black hair while still talking with Jin on the phone. Lisa just chuckled at Rosé’s remarks.

“Guys, I forgot my English book, I’ll just get it from my locker,” Jennie told them who was checking her bag all the while they were waiting for Jisoo, “Sure unnie, we’ll see you then,” Lisa responded then waved to Jennie as she made her way to the lockers.

Jennie waved back at Lisa then fastened her pace in walking to the lockers. She doesn’t want the girls to wait for her any longer for they were already waiting for Jisoo and Jin’s conversation to end. Poor maknaes. Jennie thought to herself and let out a small smile as she remembered the girls’ expressions while watching their eldest unnie on the phone with their eldest oppa.

Just one more turn and Jennie will arrive in front of her locker, but she suddenly stopped when she heard two people talking, she listened carefully to the voices for that deep voice was very familiar for her. She leaned against the wall and eavesdropped to their conversation.

“Yah, when will that bet of yours going to end?” A girl asked to the guy she was talking to. Jennie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and at the same time curious.

“Just wait a little longer babe, well, for me, it’s over now, I don’t contact her anymore,” the guy answered cooly.

“You’re such a playboy Goo Junhoe, you know that?” the girl responded with a flirty tone that totally got her full attention this time because of the mentioning of a name that’s very close to her.

Because of that she turned to the lockers then saw them too close with each other. The girl’s back was pressed against the locker while Junhoe trapped her there and was leaning closer to the girl’s face that caused Jennie not to see her face. His face got closer and closer, only a few space away and they’re gonna kiss, “Junhoe-ah,” Jennie called out that caused the guy to turn to her and also the girl.

“Seulgi?” Jennie said when the two pulled away from each other then faced her. Seulgi smirked at her, while Junhoe just looked at her without any expression on his face, “What’s going on?” Jennie asked as she walked closer to them.

“Well, I think you know what’s going on, you’ve been there long enough to hear our conversation, right?” Seulgi mockingly asked.

“I wouldn’t asked if I know what’s up, so now, tell me what’s going on?” Jennie asked again, her temper slowly getting the best of her, but she still managed to stay calm.

“Well, isn’t it obvious Jen? We’re over,” Junhoe casually said to Jennie that caused her eyes to widen and causing Seulgi to smirk more.

“I-I don’t understand,” Jennie said stuttering.

“Aw, poor Jenjen,” Seulgi mocked, “You see, Junhoe is my boyfriend,” she added then cling onto Junhoe’s arm.

“But how-”

“Wait, I’m still talking, right?” Seulgi said cutting Jennie in the middle of her sentence, provoking her temper. Jennie clenched her fist tightly trying her best not to slap the girl in front of her, “To make this short for I don’t want to be in the same place as you, and don’t want to see your face again, Junhoe just played you, got it?” Seulgi continued, and smiled evilly as she saw Jennie’s hurt with a mixture of anger expression written all over her face.

Jennie turned her attention to Junhoe when she heard him speak, “In other words Jen, you’re just a product of a bet. And thank you for making me earn money from my friends for obviously I won the bet, and that was to make you like me then hurt you. Easy,” he remarked with a smirk and that ticked Jennie’s temper.

Now that crossed the line. Jennie slapped Junhoe’s smirking face so hard that caused his lip to pop a bit, small amount of blood oozed out from his lip. Seulgi was shocked to the scene before her that she grabbed Jennie’s arm and pulled her closer to her, “How dare you?! You should be sorry for being involved with him! Because of you, Rosé got hurt!” Seulgi exclaimed that added more confusion to Jennie.

Jennie pulled away from her, “What are you talking about??”

Seulgi smirked again for seeing Jennie so clueless satisfied her, “Well, before, I thought you were Jun’s side hoe, and I figured hurting your friend will hurt you more,” she explained so casually like what she said and done was so normal.

Jennie processed all the things Seulgi had said in her mind, it was like a thunderstorm attacking her mind making her dizzy, she wasn’t ready for all this revelations, and suddenly it hit her. Seulgi was the reason of Rosé and Jimin’s break up, then she saw her with Junhoe at the mall last week, everything’s so clear now, that tears were starting to form from the corner of her eyes. It’s all because of me.

“See? It’s all your fault why they broke up. And I’m right, you looked more hurt knowing all of this,” Seulgi exclaimed excitedly, “Everything clear now? See you around then,” she continued then pulled Junhoe with her as they left Jennie who had her head hung low, still thinking about the situation she was in.

“It’s all my fault,” she mumbled as tears fell from her eyes non-stop. Tears caused her vision to blur that she didn’t notice someone was walking towards her.

“Yah, gwenchana??” the person asked that held both her arms causing her to look up and see who it was.

“Taehyung-ah…” she weakly said as she saw it was Taehyung with her.

Taehyung’s eyes widened seeing Jennie crying when she looked up to him, “Hey… What happened?” he asked softly, worried about her and at the same time getting mad at the reason that caused Jennie to be like this.

Jennie let out all the tears that she’s been trying hard to hold back and leaned her face on Taehyung’s chest, “It’s all my fault Taehyung-ah,” she said while crying on his chest. Taehyung was confused but nevertheless embraced her and soothed her back to comfort her.

“Sshhh… It’s okay… Everything’s gonna be fine,” he whispered to her, hoping that it will help to stop her from crying, he tightened her hold on her and kissed the top of her head as Jennie can’t stop crying, and her sobs became more audible.

It hurts me seeing you like this.