First Night

Around the Campfire

I CANNOT believe this freak took my phone! I bought the darn thing I should be able to have it with me! This camp . I honestly would rather have my sent to jail and wear orange jumpers than to be at this pathetic place. When I got my suitcase back I sat down in one of the chairs and wait to know where in this mosquito infested heck I'm supposed to be next. There were a few other kids in the registration line that look like they had better places in mind that they would rather spend their summer. I know I did... 

Of course that dork from the bus is here. He came up to me smiling. It's seriously taking a lot of strength to resist this temptation to punch this kid's daylights out... 

"Oh my god you're worse than a roach you won't go away."

He smiles absolutely oblivious to the fact that I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

"I'm Choi Seung Hyun. I never caught your name."

"My name is Kwon Ji Yong now get out of my face before I knock your crooked teeth down your throat." 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turn around. It is Gabe standing behind me. 

"Excuse me is that very nice Mr. Ji Yong?"

I shrug.

"Well I think it is."

Gabe shakes his head grasping my wrist and leading me behind a tree.

"Ji Yong I need you to get along with him please?"

I roll my eyes. 

"Fine."

Gabe pats my shoulder he walks to the campfire pit signalling us to take a seat on the logs. 

"Alright campers tonight is very simple. Since we started a bit late we are gonna eat dinner then we go to the main hall for crafts then bedtime. In the morning we're gonna go swimming and a soccer tournament we will be the amazing Team Tye Dye!"

I roll my eyes.

"First things first we assign partners! Youngbae you're with Lee Seung Hyun. Kang Dae Sung you're with Lee Hong Ki (A/N: Sorry I had to.. BIGBANG has 5 members I needed one more person so... ) . Kwon Ji Yong you're with Choi Seung hyun. Everybody finish settling down and we will head to dinner in 15 minutes."

My jaw dropped. Hell no. I got up tugging on Gabe's sleeve.

"No No No get me a different partner man. Please for the sake of my sanity assign me someone else. I do not like this gooney eyed dork."

Gabe crosses his arms.

"It's that kind of attitude that made me assign you two as partners. It looks like you need to learn how to get along with people. You aren't gonna bully people here. Go to the cabin and settle down."

I groan and go inside slamming the door. I look over at Seung Hyun who is unpacking. Yu Gi Oh sleeping bag.. stuffed animal.. portable night light... I'M PARTNERS WITH SOMEONE WHO ACTS LIKE HE'S 8?! 

I look over at Hong Ki, who is laying on his stomach reading a manga book.

"Hong Ki just the person I wanted to see."

He doesn't take his attention off his book.

"Yes?"

"Buddy how would you like to be my partner instead of Daesung. I'm much cooler than him. Do you like snacks? I can buy you a snack each day from the shop?"

Hong Ki refuses my offer and continues to read. Gabe comes inclapping his hands.

"Okay campers! Dinner time line up with our partners!"

I groan when I stood behind Seungri and had this dork stand next to me. He is still under the assumption that I want to be buddies with him. Hell. No. We walk up two steep hills to the cafeteria. To my surprise there is a lot of food, in a variety buffet style nevertheless. Chicken. Veggies. Fruit. Burgers. Fries. Hot Dogs. You name it. 

The dumb rules say that they go up table at a time. Teams Red and Orange which is kindergarten/third grade kids went first. Yellow and Green Teams which is fifth and sixth grade went after. Team Blue is seventh through 9th grade went after Yellow and Green. Then Purple and Tye Dye is last.  

When it was our table's turn to get food I stand with the other campers to get in line. Of course our shadow buddies had to come with. I could not stand how long this freak was taking. When he was finally done I grab my food and walk to the table without waiting for him. I see Hong Ki eating rice and popcorn chicken. An idea came to me and I scoot close to him.

"Hey buddy are you sure that you don't wanna be partners with me? I heard Daesung hates manga. Do you wanna really be friends with someone like him? I love manga I got a whole collection in my bag." 

Hong Ki shook his head.

"No thank you. I got my own manga to read. I understand that it isn't always a mutual favorite. Thank you anyway."

What the hell man? If I was him and someone offered me manga I'd be like: dude of course I'd be your partner instead of bland boring Daesung break out the manga.

(A/N: I love anime/manga no hatred) I scoot back to my seat to finish eating. I honestly wish he paired me with someone else instead. I don't know how much of this freak I can take. After dinner we walk back up the steep killer hills and through a small wooded area to go to the Main Hall. There is pure white camp logo shirts and bowls of dye and cups of Sharpies. Possibly a pile of 2,000 rubber bands.

"Alright campers. Take a seat and put on some gloves we're gonna be making our shirts."

After sitting down and damping our shirts we got to work tye dying and decorating our shirts. I did red and black dye pattern. I wanted to go for more of a evil design. Pretty cool. I look over to see the dork doing light colors. I roll my eyes. 

It's not my shirt... not my issue. 

While Daesung had to go to the bathroom I took a blue sharpie and scribbled on his shirt and set the open marker near Hong Ki, then when Hong Ki wasn't looking and just as Daesung came back I scribbled on Hong Ki's shirt with red and set it near Daesung's shirt. 

Hong Ki looked down at his scribbled on shirt.

"What happened? Who did this?"

Daesung looked at Hong Ki's shirt before looking at his own. He stands up angrily.

"I didn't do it you didn't have to ruin mine."

"Yeah the marker is near you so explain that?!"

"DON'T TOUCH MY SHIRT AGAIN!"

"SAME FOR YOU PAL!"

"YOU'RE A RAT!"

"SO AREN'T YOU!"

"YOU WANNA FIGHT PUNK?"

"OH CHALLENGE ACCEPTED MORON!"

Gabe just realizes what was going on and stood up separating them. 

"Boys... no one is gonna fight anyone. I think we need a little air and calmly talk this though."

"NO WAY I DON'T WANNA TALK TO HIM! THE MORON RUINED MY SHIRT!"

"HOW ABOUT I PUNCH YOU NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH HONG KI!"

Gabe blows his whistle making everyone jump.

"I said that is enough... Outside now."

Hong Ki throws his shirt.

"This is stupid."

Gabe walks them outside. Youngbae immediately stops working on his own shirt, he grabs another shirt and starts to decorate it to match Hong Ki's previous one. Seungri did the same for Daesung. Hopefully that'll be enough for Hong Ki to come to me begging me to his partner. Gabe called us outside after we were done decorating. He had Daesung on one side of him and Hong Ki on the other. We walk to the fire pit in front of our cabin. We hung our shirts on the tree branches to dry. Gabe got a medium size fire going and sat between Daesung and Hong Ki. He sighs staring at the flames.

"Guys this is only our first night and there is already trouble. I'm rather disappointed at the behavior tonight.  I am not happy but since it is our first night and tensions are a little high I want everyone to go to bed early. Tomorrow we will forget this ever happened and start fresh. I do not want anymore fighting. If there is, there will be consequences. No s'mores tonight because nobody earned them. Goodnight campers."

Everyone nods before quietly heading into our cabin. Gabe moves Hong Ki's stuff to the bunk above his. 

"You will be sleeping here tonight Hong Ki."

I honestly did feel a little bad that he got in trouble but he must be thinking about switching partners. I get undressed into pajamas and lay down in my bunk. Out of nowhere I see a green glowstick, an upside down face, and eyes next to me. I jump.

"Goodnight buddy."

I roll my eyes at the freak.

"Go to bed or I'll use you as a pinata."

"Ji Yong..."

Gabe aimed his flashlight at me giving me a unamused look. I block the light with my hand.

"I'm kidding Gabe..." 

Gabe shuts off his light. I lean over to whisper.

"I'm serious Choi Pinata now get back into your bunk now."

He obeys and climbs back into his bunk. I lay down and let out a sigh. This is gonna be a long summer...