Oh Baby

Around the Campfire

Ji Yong's POV

It's 3 AM. I am too stressed to sleep.  I open my suitcase packing my clothes in. I put my guitar in it's case. I sigh. I hate that I have to leave it makes me super sad. I hated this place at first, but I grew to love it. Now I'm leaving... It's really unbelievable. What do I have to lose? 

I take a moment to remember my first day here. I was that savage jerk picking on poor Seung Hyun. Little did I know that I was going to become friends with him and my whole team. Its like a second family. 

I put my notebook back in my bag. I was gonna to sing and audition but I can kiss that goodbye. I am so bummed out. 

I spent the next three hours reading and adding the finishing touches to my song. Gabe's alarm rang waking everyone up. I get out of bed already dressed. I slip my shoes on. 

I sit on the patio outside with my suitcase and sit on the railing. This is the last time I get to have a last look at the place. Gabe and the others came out. All Seung Hyun had to see is my suitcase and he started bawling instantly. I sigh and get off the railing walking toward him for a hug.

"Come on it's okay you got my number text me when you get out. Quit being such a damn dork."

He smiles wiping away his tears. We head to the main hall for announcements. I sit my stuff in the corner and join the team in the rows of chairs. I see Connor glaring at me from the side. I roll my eyes. 

I got a special something for you as my "parting gift"... Connor you just wait man...

We see Luna step up on stage grasping a microphone. I'm surprised she's happy...

"Good Morning Campers! It's talent show auditions today! It'll be held at 4pm to 6pm here at the main hall. If you haven't already please sign up on the registration sheet on the way out. Once it hits 7:30am, I'll be taking the sheet down."

I sigh very disappointed that I'm not able to join the event. I really wish that I could sing my song loud and proud for my baby sister. I've always wanted to be a musician. I think that dream is dead.

"We have a special guest comedian and ventriloquist, her name is Harper, she is going to be putting on a lunch show this afternoon everyone will meet in the green pavilion at lunchtime. Today's breakfast menu is eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and hash. The lunch menu is Taco Salad or Spaghetti and for dinner is Chicken and Biscuits with Rice and Corn. Ice Cream sundaes for dessert."

She thanks everyone for their time and leaves off stage. We all start leaving. Connor pushes my arm as I grab my things. I sigh.

"Look Connor. I know you hate me you did quite enough. I'm leaving today. So leave me alone."

Without saying another word I grab my things and leave following my team. They all walk with me to the main office where my mom will be here to pick me up. 

We all formed a big group hug. I couldn't take it anymore and cried like a baby. Not one person in my team had a dry eye. Seung Hyun and Hong Ki gave me one last tight hug.

"I'll miss you guys."

They said their final goodbye before leaving and crying toward the cafeteria. I wipe my eyes on my sleeve taking a seat on the wooden bench. My mom needs to sign a slip to retrieve my phone. I sniff and take one last look at the camp. 

I see Janie walking towards the office. It must mean she's signing the dismissal papers. I flat out ignore her looking at the ground. Instead of going in the door she sits next to me. I scoot down away from her. 

"Where do you think you're going Ji Yong?"

I look at her angrily.

"You're kidding me? I'm leaving to go home. You told me and everyone in the cafeteria yesterday that I cause trouble and I needed to leave. You got your wish ma'am. Go ahead and sign the papers." 

I turn away looking for any signs of my Mom's van. She taps my shoulder showing me a blank dismissal sheet with my name crossed out in one hand and a completed one with Connor's name. I tilt my head.

"You mean this dismissal paper?"

She points to the completed one and signs her name on the bottom. My eyes widened. She can't be serious. She really can't.

"Unless your name is Connor... you aren't going anywhere anytime soon sport. You are staying here."

My jaw dropped, I am happy but still confused.

"Okay but why? You told me that I needed-"

"Ji Yong I say a lot of things when I'm mad. I got the wrong idea. I got a few witnesses say that it was not your fault and I should have looked more into it before blowing my stack. You're an amazing kid and I want you to stay."

I smile from ear to ear and hug her tightly. She returns the hug.

"Thank you Janie."

"You're welcome now go put your bags back in your bunk and meet your team in the cafeteria. It's already 7:35."

I frown. Oh yeah... The talent show audition I never got to register. I sigh getting her attention.

"What's wrong?"

"I was going to audition my song for the Talent Show but the dead line is passed."

She holds up a finger to me and reaches into her back jean pocket and pulls out a folded sheet of paper. She unfolds it.

"Let's see.. Team Tie Dye... Hong Ki, Seung Hyun, Seungri, Daesung, Taeyang.... and Ji Yong."

She writes my name in an empty slot then folds it back up returning it to her pocket.

"What was that you were saying about not signing up for the Talent Show auditions?" 

I smile shaking my head and follow her back to the cabin to put my stuff away. We meet in the cafeteria. My team nearly died when they saw Janie and I come in. Janie lays her hands on my shoulders. 

"Look who's staying?"

I got greeted with tight hugs and smiles. We ate breakfast before walking back outside. Gabe whistles getting our attention.

"Okay campers today is pretty easy. We're gonna grab showers then finish our go karts they're almost done, then we will have our quiet time, lunch, make banners for the talent show auditions, I'll let you guys do your audition, then it will be wood work hour, dinner, then a movie before campfire and bed."

He starts gasping his cheeks turning red. He said it all in one breath. He coughs.

"I need oxygen!"

Kendra walks by with another sick camper.

"And a brain." she added. 

We all giggle at her remark, Gabe points at all of us.

"You six better pipe down or there will be no s'mores tonight."

Luna walks by and hands me a sealed envelope. My team and Gabe gather behind me staring at the envelope. 

"Do you mind?"

"No not at all open it."

I roll my eyes and open the envelope. To get Gabe to stop breathing his hot breath down my shirt I read the letter out loud.

"Dear Ji Yong,

Congratulations! You are officially a big brother! Mom gave birth to Mary Kate a bit early last Tuesday at 1:00AM. She is a good 7 pounds even and 17 and a half inches long! We are so sorry that you could not be present for the birth but Mary Kate was not waiting for anyone she was coming out that day. She made her grand entrance to this world via Cesarean Section and both Mom and Baby are healthy and happy. We had got the birth recorded if your stomach can handle watching it. Mom says she's happy to hear that you are doing well and having so much fun at camp. Enclosed I've printed out a picture of Mary Kate a few hours old. You will love those chubby cheeks and beautiful eyes. I know she cannot wait to see her big brother for the first time! 

We will see you in a week for the Family Visitation Day. We love you and most importantly HAVE FUN! 

Love: Mom, Auntie, and Mary Kate."

I look at the picture that was in the envelope: Mary Kate is wearing the outfit I bought her.She has big brown eyes and she is smiling, she has thick black messy hair. She is chubby but very beautiful. We all awed the picture."

"She is so CUTE!" Seung Hyun exclaims.

"The chubbiness is too much!" Seungri and Hong Ki add.

Gabe taps my shoulder. 

"Congrats Ji Yong."