Sleep Walking

Around the Campfire

Seung Hyun's P.O.V

I woke up and looked at the time on my watch, 2:58AM. I lay back down to go back to sleep when I see Ji Yong step out of his bed. I grab my flashlight from the top of the headboard frame shining it at him.

"Ji are you okay? What are you doing up?"

I got no answer. He stumbles around the cabin like he is looking for something. He lifts up one of my stuffed animals looking at it all around studying it. 

"I can't let this happen..."

He drops it and continues to walk around. He knocks things over in the process, waking everyone else up. Gabe turns on the cabin lights. Ji Yong blinks slowly taking his blanket off his bunk. 

"I got the tacos."

For a second we all watch him kinda confused but wondering what he's doing. Gabe tries calling out to him but he didn't respond. Seungri suggests to wake him up but Hong Ki disagrees saying that it's dangerous to wake a sleep walker. He wraps his pillow in his blanket. 

"Don't just stand there we got to get the tacos from the truck and eat them before the cops come."

We all busted out laughing as we watch him pick up his jumbled blanket. Gabe stands.

"I think he has a hankering for tacos."

He puts a hand on Ji Yong's shoulder. 

"Come on buddy time to go back to sleep."

He leads him back to his bunk. He lays down instantly going back to sleep. Gabe shuts off the lights and just as he was laying back down Ji Yong gets back up and walks outside. 

"What the heck?"

Gabe gets up quickly following him. We turn on the light and watch out the windows. 

"Ji Yong.. get back here bud."

He leads him back in when he finally caught up to him. Good thing it stopped raining. Ji Yong looks like he was mad about something.

"Where's my mom?"

Gabe pats his shoulder reassuringly. Ji Yong yanks away spinning around to face Gabe.

"KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOM!"

We jump, backing away slowly away from him. He takes a deep angry breath and lets out a growl. He clenches his hands into tight fists. Gabe grasps onto his forearms in fear he was going to throw punches at any minute. Almost instantly he threw himself back against Gabe's chest so hard that it made Gabe groan in pain. He struggles a bit before screaming like he stepped on a lego. It struck fear in all of us. He blinks opening his eyes and panting. 

"What... What the hell just happened??"

Gabe slowly lets go then presses onto his chest hunching in pain. Ji Yong looks at him in concern.

"Did-Did I just hurt you? I'm so sorry." 

Gabe shakes his head helping him back in his bunk. He covers him up.

"It's okay you were sleep walking. I'll be alright. Go back to sleep."

He instructs the rest of us to do the same. We obey getting into our bunks. After that I did not sleep being cautious and listening for Ji Yong.