Six

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lisa’s eyes were wide open. Did I hear him correctly?! I have to go first?!  

Her mind quickly replays the “documentary” that she had recorded; remembering all the times that she shuddered at the thought of showing the class what her unnies had done in front of her camera. No, this is not happening. This is just a nightmare, and I’ll wake up from this soon. Anytime now, I’ll hear my alarm-

“Lisa? Please stop staring at your desk and come up to the front of the class. We don’t have any time to waste.”

 Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This is really happening to me! Eeeeeeek! “Well, um, you see, Professor Lee… I, uh…” Lisa stops talking when she sees the stern look on her professor’s face.

“You’re not trying to get out of this, are you, Miss Manoban?”

Lisa hesitates. “Well, uh, not exactly, but-”

“Good, because I recall saying that there will be no excuses accepted. And you did volunteer to go first after all.”

The blonde girl groans as she remembers raising her hand when he asked who wanted to be the first student to present their video. Why did I have to do that?! What was I thinking?!

With tremendous reluctance, she grabs her camera. Then she slowly stands up and trudges to the front of the class. Her eyes darted towards the door, which led to her fighting the urge to run out of the classroom. It’s so close to me, just a few meters away… no, what am I thinking?! I can’t just run out of here! I’ll fail the class! But then again, I’ll probably fail when they see my video anyways…

 

Lisa’s professor started speaking. “Now, Professor Shin, I can assure you that you’ll be in for a real treat. Lisa is one of my top students, and has always come up with high quality videos for her presentations. I have no doubt that this will be her finest,” he says. Then he adds with a chuckle. “I feel a little bad for the other students, because the video will likely be a tough act to follow.”

 

“No, no, no! Stop saying those things! Don’t raise their expectations!” Lisa says anxiously under her breath, unintentionally motioning the professor to lower his voice with her hand.

“Yes, Lisa?” he asks, with bafflement in his voice.

“Oops! I-I didn’t mean to do that!” Lisa laughs nervously as she takes her place at the podium. Is it just me, or are there more students than usual in my class today? Even the classroom looks bigger.

The teaching assistant, who was waiting next to the podium, puts out her hand.

Lisa closes her eyes as she reluctantly gives her camera to the girl. It’s not too late to run… I can easily get out the door while she sets it up.

“Ok, Lisa, I’m ready to play it!” says the teaching assistant. She turns the classroom light off.

“Oh no! How did you set it up so fast?” Lisa feels her palms starting to sweat.

“Tell us what we’ll be learning from your video,” instructs Professor Lee.

Lisa swallows, feeling the eyes of about fifty people on her. It was completely silent in the room. What am I going to say?! How can I possibly make it look like the video is educational?! “This video… this… will be teaching you about… what I, um, experience with my unnies?”

The room remained quiet.

“And how is this going to be educational?” asks the professor, breaking the silence.

“You will learn about… uh, how important it is to… be open with each other,” answers Lisa doubtfully, resisting the urge to facepalm at how lame that sounded.

“Interesting. You’ve definitely piqued my curiosity! Is there anything else you’d like to add before you start?”

“N-no, sir.”

Professor Lee gets his pen and notepad ready. “Then please start playing the video!” he instructs his assistant.

Lisa covers her face as she hears her own voice from the video. It showed a close-up of her face as she spoke into the camera.

“Hello everyone! I’m Lisa! Today, the topic will be a secret. The only clue I’m giving you is that it will involve my unnies. Since Rose unnie is grocery shopping, we’ll have to start with my two older unnies, Jichu and Jendeuk! Let’s see what they’re up to.”

Oh no! Lisa suddenly remembers what Jennie said while working on her homework. She takes a glance at Professor Shin, who was watching the video intently, with high expectations. Noooooo! I have to stop the video!

 

“So what we have here is our leader, Jennie unnie. As you can see, she’s working really hard to excel in math so that, um, she could be a good math student. Isn’t that right, unnie?”

“I am not doing this to be a good math student. I’m just trying to get a passing grade in this ing class, which is being poorly taught by a lame professor! I hope you’re watching this video, Professor Shin!”

 

There was a collective gasp from Lisa’s classmates.

Lisa dares to take a peek at the two professors. Professor Lee was scrutinizing the video, while Professor Shin was staring at the screen with his mouth open.

I’m so screwed, and this video has just started!

“W-what did she say?!” Professor Shin says in a shrill voice, not believing what he had just heard.

The video kept playing.

 

“I’m making an educational video for my class, and I need your help with it.”

“Then record me sleeping, so the class can learn about how beautiful people sleep.”

 

“So what have you got to say to the class?”

“Don’t be discouraged if you don’t look as good as I do after taking a nap. Ok, I’m done.”

 

“No, it’s supposed to be a video that informs people about things.”

“Here’s something educational; I happen to think that Rose is really hot.”

“You’re really hot, too!”

“Not quite as hot as you, honey.”

“No, you’re definitely hotter than me.”

“Oh, stop it.”

 

Lisa stood at the podium, cringing at how ridiculous the video has been so far.  I can’t believe I’m showing this to a classroom full of college-level students!

She desperately attempted to think of a way to explain what was going on, while trying not to picture the look on her professor’s face. Unfortunately, she didn’t have much time.

 

“Please stop the video,” the professor tells his assistant. After the assistant complies, he turns to Lisa. “Explain what we’ve seen up to this point.”

 

The room became quiet again, with everyone looking at Lisa. She could almost feel their questioning eyes, wondering how this absurdity was supposed to teach them anything.

Lisa feels her cheeks burning as she starts speaking with uncertainty.

“Um, well, as you can see, it’s quite important for students to be… uh, open with their opinions, and maintain communications with their professors. So professors can have an idea of what their students think of them. Which is good because… because… yeah.

And… umm… I guess it’s essential to know that some people still look good after they’ve slept?

And again, it’s important to talk openly about how you feel, like how my two unnies told each other how pretty they are… so that they can help each other feel better about themselves? Any questions?” she asks quickly, hoping that the assistant will jump in and immediately restart the video.

 

Unfortunately for her, the room remained silent as everyone, including the assistant, just stared at Lisa.

“Before we continue the video, I wanted to ask, do you know the young woman in the video?” Professor Lee asks his friend. No one had to ask who he was referring to.

“Yes, I am quite familiar with Miss Kim,” replies Professor Shin, frowning. “We’ve had many discussions about my teaching style.” His voice starts becoming shrill again. “How can she say such slanderous things about my magnificent class? It is not poorly taught! I am not lame! My methods of teaching make the class a work of art! And clearly, Miss Kim does not appreciate art!”

“Very well. Please continue the video,” Professor Lee instructs his assistant, unperturbed by the outburst.

 

“Yeah, maybe the class can learn something about love!”

“The sooner they learn that it’s a ing waste of time, the better off they’ll be.”

 

“Oh, you poor thing, let me clean that up for you. Looks like some of it spilled over here.”

Jisoo put her hand under the table, looking like she was placing it on Rose’s lap. Then the older girl began moving her hand.

“Ok, I think that’s good enough!”

“You want me to go further, don’t you?”

“No, don’t be ridiculous! You !”

“I know you liked it.”

 

There was another collective gasp from the audience, with some students whispering to each other. Lisa glances uneasily at the professors.

Both professors looked like they could not believe what they were seeing.

Oh my gosh! I’ve never seen Professor Lee look so stunned before! I don’t think that’s a good sign for what he thinks of this video. Lisa glances at the clock, hoping that the class will end very soon. Unfortunately, it has only been about ten minutes since the class started.

 

Jisoo feeds Rose. “Sure, honey, here you go.”

“Mmm,” Rose moans softly.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Jisoo smears some sauce on Rose’s lips after she feeds Rose again. Jisoo wipes off the sauce with her thumb.

Rose Jisoo’s thumb.

“That’s certainly one way to show your appreciation.”

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to do that!”

“Congratulations. With all your leg touching, , and , you two are starting to turn Lisa’s video into softcore .”

 

And the video was finally finished.

Everyone in the room was completely silent. And it remained that way as the teaching assistant turns the light back on.

Lisa looks at the shocked faces of her audience, and her urge to run out of the class was even stronger than before. As she starts edging towards the door, she suddenly gets an idea. “Uh, professor? Can I use the restroom?” And never return!

Professor Lee still looked dazed. It took him a moment to reply, prolonging the awkward silence in the room. “Never in all my years as a professor, have I seen anything like this. I simply do not know what to say.”

“Then, um, could we just leave it at that, and have the next student come up to present their video?” Lisa asks hopefully.

The professor wasn’t letting Lisa go that easily. “What in the world were you showing us? I am extremely curious to hear you explain this one.”

Lisa stood in front of the audience, trying hard to think of something to say, but her mind was a complete blank. It would’ve been hard enough to come up with something while she was in her room, but doing it in front of fifty people was impossible.

“Lisa? We’re waiting,” the professor unnecessarily reminds her.

Some of the students started talking in hushed tones, while the others continued staring at Lisa.

Starting to panic, Lisa blurts out whatever she could think of. “It actually was softcore !” Then she quickly covers .

Everyone gasps.

“Lisa! I’m shocked at you! Why would you show us this?” the professor asks in perplexity.

“Because… is the advanced form of education?” Lisa answers doubtfully. “Seeing two girls interact in a way that could lead to… um, more intimate things, like, you know, . And everybody needs to be more educated about , am I right?” Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just said those things in front of my class!

No one answers.

Lisa runs back to her seat.

“ and education, Lisa?” says the professor, writing on his notepad.

 

---

 

Rose sat in her Korean History class, daydreaming about the upcoming date. I have gone on dates before, but they never led to anything. I was never into the guys and girls I’ve been on those dates with. I only wanted to give them a chance to prove that I had gotten the wrong impression of them.

None of them had changed my mind.

But now, I’ll be going on a date with one of my best friends. It’ll be nothing like what I’ve experienced before. Part of that is simply because I know Jichu so well already. The other part is… having feelings that I’m not familiar with.

What’s happening to me? I’ve never felt this way towards Jichu, or anyone else before. She may be a flirtatious , but deep down, she really cares about me. I find that really heartwarming.

I wonder how she really feels about me? I’m pretty sure she’s physically attracted to me, though it’s still hard for me to tell whether she’s joking or not; like when she suggested that I take a shower with her. But does she have any feelings for me?

“Rose! Are you going to just sit there and stare at the wall all day?” Namjoo calls out.

Rose is abruptly brought back into reality. “Oh, is the class over?”

“The class has been over for five minutes now! We were just chatting as we waited for you to stop daydreaming!” states Bomi, with her hands on her hips.

“It must’ve been about something really good, because you were smiling,” teases Eunji.

“It was the look of someone who’s going out on a date!” adds Namjoo, taking out a piece of gum from her backpack.

Rose smiles. “That’s because I actually am going out on a date.”

Bomi drops her notebooks. “What?! And you never told us?! What kind of a friend are you?!” she shrieks, causing nearby students to stare at her.

“So that’s why you’re all dressed up!” says Eunji, examining Rose’s outfit. The orange haired girl was wearing a formal white evening blouse and gray trousers. She was also wearing a little more make-up to go with her fancier earrings.

“Who is it with?! Is it someone we know?!” Namjoo asked excitedly.

“Jichu,” answers Rose casually as she puts her notebook and pens into her book bag.

“JICHU?!” exclaimed all three of her friends.

The orange haired girl simply nods, smiling again.

“Oh, you’re kidding, right? You actually meant a friend date!” rationalizes Bomi.

“Yeah, that must be it,” agrees Eunji, chuckling. “For a second, I thought that you meant that you and Jichu were going out on a real date!”

“Me too! We’re all so silly!” laughs Namjoo.

“We are going out on a real date,” Rose replies. Oh my god, is this really happening? I’m actually going out on a date with Jichu!

Her three friends stared at her, completely astonished. They weren’t laughing anymore.

“Come on, let’s get out of here!” Rose tells them as she heads for the door. They were the only people left in the lecture hall.

Eunji recovers first. “Hold on a second! Do you two like each other?!”

“Maybe.” Rose checks her phone for messages.

“When did that start?!” Bomi demands, as she and the others joined Rose.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter