Fourteen

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry, but this is not an actual update. Even though a few of you liked the previous version of chapter 14, it just didn't feel right to me when I looked it over again. So I made some minor changes, like making the chapter seem less rushed than before, and it seems better to me now ^^

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully it's an improvement for you! I'll try to get chapter 15 done soon :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jennie stops her car in front of a decent-sized house. The front yard was well-kept, with various shrubs and flowers planted near the house.

“Here we are. Call me when you’re done,” she tells the couple.

Jisoo and Rose steps out of the car.

“Thank you so much, Jendeuk,” Rose says, smiling gratefully.

Meanwhile, Jisoo just continues staring at the house, wondering if they were making a mistake, and repeating the same questions in her mind. We don’t even know them. We just met Tiffany a few hours ago, and have never even seen her wife yet. How can they possibly help us? “Don’t thank her yet. We may regret doing this.”

The front door swings open.

“Don’t just stand there! Come in!” Tiffany calls out loudly, smiling broadly. She had changed into a t-shirt and a pair of cotton shorts, and her long, dark brown hair was down.

Rose starts heading towards the house, but soon realizes that she was walking alone. She turns to her girlfriend and holds her hand out. “Aren’t you coming?”

We have to do this for our relationship, Jisoo reminds herself as she reluctantly takes the younger girl’s hand and follows her.

“Bye, Tiff unnie! And thanks again for taking them on such short notice!” Jennie shouts from her car.

“There’s no need to thank me, sweetheart! You’ve done so many things for me already, so this is nothing!” Tiffany responds loudly, smiling as she waves goodbye.

 

The couple seated themselves on the living room couch, still holding hands.

Rose admires the interior decoration of the room. “You have such a beautiful home, Tiffany unnie. It feels so welcoming and pleasant.”

Tiffany smiles proudly. “Isn’t it though? My wife and I spent a lot of time decorating it together.” She sighs happily as she recalls the event. “It was such a lovely experience, just spending time alone with each other, while working on our first home.”

Jisoo plays with the fingers of her girlfriend’s held hand. “Where is she?”

“She’s on her way home from work, taking our daughters to their friend’s house. She’ll be here in about half an hour.” Tiffany walks towards their kitchen. “What would you girls like to drink? We have various types of juice, soda, and tea.”

Jisoo glances around the room, looking for any pictures of Tiffany and her wife. “I’ll have any flavor of sweetened ice tea.”

“Nothing for me.” Rose leans against her girlfriend and whispers, “What are you looking for?”

“A photo of the married couple. I’m really curious about how her wife looks.”

“For some reason, I’m picturing someone who’s kind of the opposite of Tiffany; someone’s who’s more quiet and serious.”

The older girl smiles with amusement. “Yeah, she’d need someone like that to balance their relationship out.”

“I know, right? Can you picture her being with someone as loud and energetic as she is?”

“They’d probably be shrieking and getting over-dramatic about everything all the time,” agrees Jisoo. Then, without thinking, she asks, “Do you think she’s as pretty as Tiffany?”

Rose frowns slightly. She didn’t like the idea of her girlfriend finding Tiffany attractive, and it made her feel a bit self-conscious and jealous. “Do you think Tiffany is prettier than me?”

Jisoo notices the younger girl’s sudden mood change. “What? Of course not! Remember when I said that you’re the second prettiest girl I’ve ever seen? I still think that’s true,” teases the older girl, earning a smack on her thigh from her girlfriend.

Jisoo grins as she places her hand on Rose’s cheek. “I’m kidding. You’re so hot that you actually make me feel self-conscious,” she says flirtatiously. “And that’s never happened to me before.”

The younger girl couldn’t help smiling as she tucks some of her hair behind her ear. “Stop exaggerating.”

“I could never exaggerate how beautiful you are.” Jisoo affectionately the younger girl’s soft cheek, and then gives her girlfriend a peck on her lips.

Rose starts blushing. “Jichu, you’re embarrassing me,” she complains.

“What are you going to do about it?” Jisoo asks in a playfully sassy tone as she smirks challengingly at the younger girl.

Rose stares into her girlfriend’s eyes for a few seconds, and then responds with a kiss on the older girl’s lips.

Jisoo smiles. Her girlfriend was definitely getting over any reluctance she had about being passionate with Jisoo, and Jisoo loved it. The loss of her inhibitions to kiss me means that she’s starting to get ready to have with me.

With her heartbeat accelerating, she returns the younger girl’s kisses.

 

Tiffany comes into the room with a glass of lemon iced tea and smiles upon seeing the couple kissing. She places the glass cup onto the coffee table and sits down on the couch across from the two girls.

The sound of the glass touching wood startles Rose, causing her to pull away from her girlfriend. She notices Tiffany and gasps, blushing with embarrassment. “Oh my god! I’m so sorry!”

Tiffany smiles and motions them to keep going. “No, don’t apologize, continue with what you were doing!”

Rose gives Tiffany a look of confusion. “W-what? But… I thought…”

“Don’t argue with her, sweetie. We’re her guests.” Jisoo gently moves her girlfriend’s face so that they were facing each other again.

“Please don’t take this the wrong way, but it doesn’t feel right having a make-out session in front of her,” Rose says apologetically in a hushed voice.

Jisoo senses her girlfriend’s discomfort and sighs deeply with disappointment. “All right, but you owe me a y, passionate kiss later.”

The younger girl smiles gratefully at her.

 

The front door suddenly flings open, startling everyone in the room.

A pretty girl with light brown hair, dressed in a business formal suit was standing in the doorway. She stares coldly at the couple. “Which one of you is Rose?” the girl asks, in a tone that was as frosty as her expression.

Why does she look so familiar? I’ve never seen her before, but she bears a really strong resemblance to someone I know. Someone like… oh my god, does Krystal have a sister?! Rose’s eyes widen as she grabs Jisoo’s arm in panic.

Maybe I should explain what happened. Rose tries to speak, but the surprise and panic of seeing someone who was potentially the sibling of someone who she had spontaneous with made her mind a complete blank. “I… um… it’s… well, you see…”

Jisoo takes a glance at her stuttering girlfriend, feeling protective and compassionate towards the younger girl. My baby doesn’t deserve to be treated like this. She didn’t do anything wrong. She smiles at the girl in the doorway. “Hi, I’m Rose. It’s nice to meet you.”

The girl narrows her eyes. “Do you think I’m stupid?”

“To be honest, I have no idea.”

Rose felt warmth and gratitude toward her girlfriend’s protective act, but at the same time, she was worried that Jisoo would anger the girl even more, and would take it out on her girlfriend. “A-actually, I’m Rose,” she says uneasily.

The girl was not amused. She crosses her arms as she glares at the couple. “So the first time we meet, you two want to play games with me.”

Jisoo places her arms around Rose, while giving the girl an accusing stare. “You scared my girlfriend, and I was just trying to protect her. Is this how you usually greet your guests?”

“Only the ones who doesn’t take the time to get to know my sister before going down on her!” the girl answers in an icy tone.

Tiffany walks over to the girl and cups the girl’s face in her hands. “Jess, we talked about this last night, remember?” she reminds gently, giving her wife a kiss on her lips. “You promised.”

Jessica sighs, her expression softening as her wife’s words and affections calmed her down. “Yes, I remember.”

Rose takes the opportunity to apologize. “I’m really sorry about… um, what happened with Krystal.”

Jessica looks at her coldly. “You’d better be.”

“I’d understand if you didn’t want to help us out.”

“My girlfriend’s right. We should leave and come back another time.” More like leave and never come back. Jisoo happily takes her phone out of her coat pocket and gets ready to write a text message to Jennie.

“No, we’re continuing as planned,” Jessica states matter-of-factly, immediately ruining Jisoo’s plan. She then glances at Rose. “I want you to develop a better relationship with Jisoo so that you’ll keep your hands away from my sister.”

Rose was a bit surprised at how straightforward the statement was. “Um, thanks, I guess?”

Jessica doesn’t reply as she closes the front door and heads upstairs.

“At least we don’t have to worry about her sugarcoating words,” Rose mutters to her girlfriend, frowning slightly.

“She may seem a little unfriendly at first, but she’s a complete sweetheart after she warms up to you,” assures Tiffany, smiling as she pats Rose’s shoulder.

Jisoo wasn’t sure if she believed Tiffany. “Was she like that when you first met her?”

Tiffany laughs as she remembers when she met Jessica. “Yeah, you can say that. In fact, in the beginning, we didn’t like each other at all. I thought she was stuck up and mean, and she thought I was obnoxious and loud. But because we had mutual friends, we were forced to interact with each other more often than we wanted to.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter