Eighteen

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Jessica puts her key into the ignition, she turns to Jisoo. “I hope you don’t mind going to an American restaurant, because that’s where we’re going.”

Jisoo smiles in response to her companion’s statement. “Ooh, girls are so y when they take charge… I mean, I love American food.”

Jessica raises her brow, but doesn’t respond. You better not start flirting with me.

The two girls were silent as Jessica starts driving. And the quietness continued for several minutes until Jessica turns the radio on.

Jisoo steals a glance at the other girl and observes her side profile. What’s really fascinating about her is how innocent, cute, and cold she looks at the same time.

And it seems like she’s not very talkative. She’s either being reserved or stuck-up. I know how to handle girls like her.

Jessica gives her a side glance, catching Jisoo in the act of observing her.

But rather than becoming embarrassed and looking away, Jisoo smiles pleasantly at the other girl.

Jessica turns her attention back to the road without reacting, leaving Jisoo to her thoughts.

If I had met her while both of us were single, I would’ve loved the challenge of trying to win her over. I know it’s a cliché, but it really is thrilling when going after someone who’s cold and playing hard to get. And Jessica sure is different than most of the girls I’ve went after. While Jisoo was absorbed in her thoughts, her gaze unintentionally moves downward to Jessica’s s.

Jessica was wearing a tight dress shirt that showed some cleavage, and Jisoo couldn’t help staring at it. Wow, those are pretty impressive. I didn’t know that she was so voluptuous!

The first time I saw her, I was too busy protecting my baby girl from her wrath, so I had no idea she was hiding those curves!

“When you’re done staring at my s, I’d like to ask you some questions.”

Jessica’s cold tone snaps Jisoo out of her lustful gaze. The dark-haired girl grins innocently, as if nothing had happened. She wasn’t feeling any shame about getting caught, because she was so accustomed to checking girls out that it had become second nature. “What do you want to ask?”

“How do you think Rose would react if I told her what you were doing?”

Jisoo stops smiling as her expression becomes somewhat pensive. “Well, I’m pretty sure that she wouldn’t like it very much.”

Jessica gives her another side glance. “Then why did you do it?”

Jisoo shrugs. “I like looking at s.”

Even though she seems like a sleazy who doesn’t take relationships seriously, I have to at least admire how upfront she is. That’s the only good quality I’ve seen in her so far. As Jessica turns her attention back to driving, her tone becomes a little less cold. “If I understand correctly, your girlfriend gets jealous easily.” Like how my wife is. I always have to be careful of how I interact with other girls whenever she’s around.

“Yes, I’d definitely consider her the jealous-type.” Jisoo watches the stores that they pass by as she gazes out the passenger window. “Though she wasn’t like that before we started dating.”

“You mean she wouldn’t get jealous if someone took your attention away from her?”

“Sometimes she’s gotten upset, but it never bothered her that much. She’d just get over it, and talk to me later.”

Jessica glances at the street numbers as she continues her line of questioning. “So she becomes more jealous of you when you two get into a relationship. Have you ever thought about why?”

Jisoo smirks as she flips her hair back. “The answer’s quite obvious. Who wouldn’t get jealous over me?”

Jessica’s brows furrow upon hearing the response. “Ok, I get it. You’re pretty. You don’t have to be so smug about it.”

Jisoo turns to her companion and smiles proudly. “You think I’m pretty? I knew it.”

What’s with this girl? Rose must see something that I don’t. Jessica ignores her statement. “Why do you think she’s gotten more jealous of you?”

Jisoo starts searching though her purse. “Because she has more to lose now, now that we’re more than friends.”

“Yes, that’s part of it,” agrees Jessica, encouraging her to continue.

But when Jisoo doesn’t say anything while concentrating on the contents of her purse, Jessica persists with another question. “Has she been in any other serious relationships before?”

“No, she’s had a few casual relationships, if you could even call them that, but nothing serious until now.”

As Jessica parks her car in the parking lot of Outback Steakhouse, she couldn’t help becoming a little curious about her companion’s diligent search. “What are you looking for?”

“I found it.” Jisoo pulls out her compact mirror and opens it, checking her lipstick. “I thought I might’ve smeared some of it off earlier, but I guess not. It looks perfect, as usual.”

Jessica frowns at her. She’s obviously not taking this seriously. I shouldn’t be surprised, considering how her attitude was during the first couple’s counseling session. “Do you feel like there’s a problem with your relationship, or is this some kind of a joke to you?”

Jisoo checks her eyeliner. “I suppose we may have a small problem,” she replies carelessly.

“You don’t seem concerned about it.”

“That’s because I’m not. I think that it’s something that we can handle on our own.”

Jessica smiles cunningly at the reply, and then quickly hides it. You think you’ve got everything under control, don’t you? You’ll change your mind after I use my secret weapon. “You’re right, maybe I was underestimating you. You seem to know what you’re talking about.”

Jisoo gives her a suspicious side glance before looking into her mirror again. She can’t be giving up this easily. I don’t trust her.

Jessica continues speaking. “I’m totally confident that you and your girlfriend will be able to solve the problem you’ve been having with Suzy.”

Jisoo shuts her compact mirror, and then stares at the older girl. “How the hell did you know about her?”

“Have you forgotten that Jen and Tiff talk about a lot of things, including your relationship?” Jessica inquires with a smirk.

Jisoo frowns as she sends a text message to Jennie.

 

Jisoo: you Jen

 

A few seconds later, she gets a reply.

 

Jennie: You’re always so sweet. Especially when you haven’t had in awhile lol

 

Jisoo maintains her frown as she puts her phone back into her purse.

Jessica couldn’t help laughing at her companion’s reaction.

“I’m not going to talk to you about Suzy.” Jisoo crosses her arms. Like I’d want to talk about something so personal with a stranger. How would she know about our situation, and what I’ve been through with my ex-girlfriend?

Jessica turns in her seat so that she was facing Jisoo. She stares into the younger girl’s eyes. “Do you still love her?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. There’s a reason why she’s my ex.”

“And what’s that reason?”

Jisoo starts searching through her purse again. “As I said, I’m not discussing this with you.”

Jessica sees that the topic was clearly uncomfortable for her companion, noticing how suddenly resistant and tense Jisoo was, and how the younger girl was avoiding eye contact. She decides to soften her approach. “Come on, I’m on your side. I want you and Rose to have a good relationship.”

Jisoo wasn’t buying it, still not trusting her companion. “Why?”

“What’s wrong with me wanting you to have a good relationship?” counters Jessica.

The dark-haired girl looks up from her purse to reestablish eye contact with Jessica. “It’s clear that you resent my precious baby for pleasuring your sister, so who knows what you’re plotting for revenge. Sometimes a pretty face hides a devious mind.”

Jessica scowls at the mention of Krystal being pleasured. “We do not need to include her in our discussion.”

“If anything, you should be thanking my lovely girlfriend for helping Krystal feel good about her breakup, if you know what I mean.”

The audacity of the younger girl’s remark causes Jessica to raise her voice. “Thanking her?!”

“Your sister enjoyed it, didn’t she?” Jisoo points out.

Jessica takes a deep breath, and then exhales as she tries to calm herself down. Don’t lose your temper; getting angry with her won’t help matters. And I did promise Tiff that I’d do my part for the individual counseling, no matter how difficult it would be to talk with Jisoo.

After thinking about her wife, Jessica manages to speak in a more pacified tone. “Anyways, despite the crude things your girlfriend has done to my sister, I can tell that Rose is a sweet girl; someone who doesn’t deserve being in an unstable relationship caused by unresolved feelings for an ex-girlfriend.”

Jisoo takes a piece of gum out of her purse, unwraps it, and puts it into . “Though I agree that my girl is a sweetheart, I don’t appreciate how you’re throwing shade at me,” she says as she starts chewing her strawberry flavored gum.

“So you’re telling me that your feelings for Suzy are definitive?” Jessica checks the time on her phone. We still have a few more minutes before our reservation is ready. It feels like I’ve been talking to her for an hour already.

“Of course it is.”

“Then tell me exactly how you feel about her.”

“Fine. I don’t have feelings for her. We’ve broken up, and I’ve moved on,” Jisoo replies.

Jessica stares at her skeptically, resisting the urge to scoff at the younger girl’s statement. “By saying that you’ve ‘moved on’, are you including the fact that you still want to her?”

“Yes. I moved on so that I don’t want to be in a relationship with her anymore, but my lust for her hasn’t changed,” explains Jisoo.

“That’s not moving on. You still want her.”

It was the dark-haired girl’s turn to stare at Jessica with skepticism. “Don’t tell me that you’ve never wanted anyone other than Tiffany while being in a relationship with her.”

“Actually, I will. Ever since Tiff and I became fully devoted to each other, I haven’t had the desire to anyone else.”

“I don’t believe you at all.”

“That’s understandable. You haven’t experienced true love in a long-term relationship before,” answers Jessica.

“I’m experiencing it right now.”

“No, you’re not. You and Rose haven’t been dating very long, and have just discovered what being in love is like.”

“Jen told you that too, didn’t she,” says Jisoo, frowning a little bit as she watches a group of other college students walk by their parked car. That girl talks about our relationship too much. She obviously wants a relationship like ours.

Jessica nods. “Come on, it’s t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter