Two

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The four girls got into Jennie’s car; Lisa sat in the front passenger seat.

The leader takes a side glance at the maknae. “Are you seriously bringing that camcorder with you?”

“Yeah, considering I got pretty much nothing for my assignment!”

“Are you going to record us while we’re eating?” asks Rose, reading a text message that she had just received.

“No one’s cooperating, so I don’t know what else to do!” Lisa complains.

“Damn, you’re going to have one hell of a boring video,” Jennie remarks.

Jisoo checks her make-up with her compact mirror. “I know, right? All she has so far is me sleeping and you growling at the camera.”

Lisa sighs as she turns the CD player on. “I hope I can get something useful during dinner!”

Jennie’s phone chimes, indicating that she received a text message. She ignores it, recognizing the tone she had set for the caller.

The maknae looks at the leader’s phone. It was a message from Bobby.

“Aren’t you going to reply to your boyfriend?” Lisa inquires.

“No,” answered Jennie carelessly.

“Why not?”

“I’m not sure if I’d even consider him my boyfriend. The only reason I’m staying with him right now is that he’s pretty decent arm candy for certain occasions.”

Lisa was surprised. “That’s why you’re with him?”

“Yeah.”

“What a good reason to be in a relationship! Who needs love?” says Rose sarcastically.

“Love is so overrated! They’re for losers with low self-esteem,” Jennie responds.

“No, it’s not! Love is a beautiful emotion that changes you for the better, and helps you feel more fulfilled!” argues Rose. “You just haven’t met the right person yet.”

I’m still the same; y, cute, and irresistible, thought Jisoo, glancing at the orange haired girl sitting next to her. And I know I’d feel more fulfilled if you slept with me.

“Did you recite that line from a drama?” Jennie asks, with a hint of skepticism in her voice.

“No, I’m just telling you how I feel about love!” answered Rose.

“And how would you know? Have you been in love before?”

“I don’t think I have,” Rose admits. “But I’ve seen how love affects people.”

Jisoo leans forward from her seat. “Have you been in love?” she asked Jennie.

The leader scoffs. “I’ve never had time for that nonsense.”

“Aww, you sound like someone who’s been in unrequited love before,” teases Jisoo, pinching Jennie’s cheek.

Jennie swats her hand away.

 

Rose nudges Jisoo with her elbow.

Jisoo gives her a questioning look.

The younger girl grins at her.

“What is it?” asks Jisoo.

“Tell me who it is.”

The older girl sighs. “All right, if you really want to know.”

“Yes! I do!” Rose grabs Jisoo’s arm excitedly with both hands.

Jisoo smiles mischievously. “It’s you.”

The younger girl stares at her for a moment, still holding onto her arm.

Jisoo stares back. Such beautiful eyes… I can look at your face all day. And then there’s your y, luscious lips… how I’ve been longing to taste-

“Come on, be serious!” demands Rose, interrupting the older girl’s thoughts.

“I am serious. I’ve developed a crush on you,” Jisoo replies with a smirk.

Rose laughs, releasing her hold on the older girl’s arm. “Whatever! I’m going to get the real answer from you eventually.”

“And while you’re trying to do that, I’ll make you mine,” promises Jisoo, winking at her.

The younger girl was amused. “You’re so silly.”

 

---

 

The hostess of the restaurant greets the girls upon entering. “Anyoung haseyo, welcome to Thai Orchid! Is it going to be the four of you?”

“Yes, and we have already have a reservation,” answers Jennie.

“And what name is the reservation under?”

“It should be Lisa Manoban,” responds Lisa, who had called the restaurant earlier.

The hostess looks at the computer screen. “Please take these ladies to their table,” she says to another hostess standing nearby.

The girl grabs some menus. “Follow me, please,” she says to the group.

 

She led them to an empty table, and then placed the menus onto it. “Your server will be here shortly. Enjoy your dinner!”

“That girl was checking you out!” observed Lisa, looking at Jisoo after the hostess leaves.

“Happens all the time,” Jisoo says nonchalantly, flipping her long black hair back. Then she smiles at Rose. “I sure wouldn’t mind if someone in particular was doing that,” she hints playfully.

Rose couldn’t help grinning as she sat down. “Stop being so weird.”

A boy in his early twenties approaches them. “Hi, I’ll be your waiter today! Do you need some time to choose what you want to order?”

The girls began to look through the menu.

“I want the Pad Thai,” says Rose.

“I’m going with the Red curry,” says Jisoo.

“I’ll have the Pad drunken noodles,” says Jennie.

“Coconut chicken for me!” says Lisa.

“Any beverages?” the boy asks after writing their orders down.

“Strawberry lemonades all around,” says Jennie.

“Great! I’ll bring your lemonades in a few minutes,” says the waiter, taking their menus before he leaves.

Lisa looks at the leader. “How did you even start dating Bobby?”

“My dad and his dad are good friends, and then one day, they stupidly decide to set us up. Of course, at first I said ‘ that!’ But my dad promised to buy me a car if I dated Bobby for a month. So here we are.”

“It’s been about two months now, right?”

“Yeah.” Jen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter