Seventeen

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the next day, and the four friends had left the university in Jennie’s car after their classes were over.

They were discussing how their classes went and gossiping about the other students, until there was a pause in the conversation.

Jisoo, who was seated in the back with her girlfriend, leans forward so that she could get a better view of Lisa and Jennie. “So how are things in the romance department for you two?”

Rose was slowly rubbing the back of her girlfriend’s hand while holding it. “Yeah, we haven’t been hearing anything about that. Are you keeping anything from us?”

“Nothing’s going on for me.” Jennie frowns at a slow moving van in front of them. “I don’t have time for that right now.”

Lisa turns to the brunette. “Are you and Bobby still together?”

Jennie changes lanes, and then passes the annoying car. “No, I broke it off with him yesterday, because it just wasn’t worth having him around anymore.”

“When was it worth having him around?” questions Rose, trying to recall when Jennie actually enjoyed being in the relationship with him.

“Other than the times I’ve had to use him for a few occasions, pretty much never.”

Jisoo flicks some of Jennie’s brown hair. “Did using him include ing whenever you had the urge?”

The maknae gasps and smacks Jisoo’s arm. “Unnie! That’s not something we should be asking!”

“You should know by now that it’s exactly the type of thing Jichu wants to know about relationships,” Rose tells the blonde with quirked lips.

“Hell no.” Jennie makes a turn at an intersection, arriving at a residential area. They were almost at the married couple’s house. “I’ll admit that he may have a decent body, for a guy, but it doesn’t matter because I have no interest in boys.”

“Mmm, I know exactly what you mean.” Jisoo unbuckles her seatbelt and sits on her girlfriend’s lap, facing sideways. She then places her hand onto Rose’s cheek and gently kisses her lips. “Girls are so soft, pretty, and y,” mumbles Jisoo, smiling at the younger girl.

“Don’t stop kissing me,” insists Rose, pressing her lips against Jisoo’s for a longer kiss.

Jennie parks the car in front of Jessica and Tiffany’s house. She frowns at the couple in the backseat. “We’re here, so you can ing stop that now.”

The couple ignores her and continues kissing for a few minutes before Rose breaks their kiss. “We should get going. We don’t want to make them wait,” murmurs the younger girl, moving some dark hair strands away from her girlfriend’s lovely face.

Jisoo pouts, and then gives Rose a peck on her lips. “Let’s reschedule the meeting.”

The younger girl giggles when she hears her girlfriend’s suggestion. “Are you serious? We’re already here!”

Jisoo sighs as she rests her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder. “They should counsel Jennie and Lisa instead. They have bigger problems than we do.”

Rose giggles again as she fondly the older girl’s dark hair. She really wanted to just stay in this position for hours, but there were important matters at hand. “Jichu, come on,” she says softly.

In response, Jisoo places a tender kiss on the younger girl’s neck. “Wouldn’t you rather be doing this?”

Ahhhhh! Don’t do that! You’re making this harder than it already is! “Yes, but…” Rose was interrupted as Jisoo kisses her lips again. Rose couldn’t help giving in and returns the kiss.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie and Lisa were sitting silently in the front, staring out the windows.

Jennie scowls as she reads the time on her car’s dashboard. “, I knew I shouldn’t have driven so fast. We’re too damn early!”

“Where are Tiff and Jess unnies?” Lisa was starting to feel awkward from hearing the sounds of the couple murmuring and kissing behind them. “Shouldn’t they be out by now? Maybe you should text them.”

Just as Jennie was about to answer, she receives a text message. “Oh thank god, Tiff says she’ll be out in a minute.”

 

Soon, the front door of the married couple’s house opens.

“Right on time! I love how punctual you are, Nini!” Tiffany approves with a smile.

Jessica comes out of the house behind her wife and locks the front door with her keys.

Jennie grins as she steps out of her car. “Wouldn’t think of keeping you girls waiting! These two need your guidance now more than ever, and I don’t have the energy to help them out anymore.”

Rose frowns at her. “That is such an exaggeration. You make us sound like uncontrollable kids.”

“That actually works out quite well, because we didn’t want your help anyway,” Jisoo says to Jennie. The couple also steps out of the car.

Lisa rolls down her passenger-side window. “Which restaurants are you unnies going to?” she questions eagerly.

“We haven’t decided yet.” Jessica gives Tiffany a short but sweet kiss before heading to her car.

“If any of you goes to a burger place, can you order one as takeout for me?” asks Lisa, smiling hopefully. She’s been in the mood for burgers since the second class of her schedule, but unfortunately, her friends were too busy to go to a place where they served them.

Jennie checks her phone to read a message that she had just received. “No, we can get it ourselves. Now that we’ve dropped the crazy couple off, we can stop by Red Robin before meeting up with CL and the others.”

“Ok, never mind!” Lisa tells the two couples outside the car. Then she turns to the brunette and starts bouncing in her seat. “Let’s go! I’m so hungry!”

 

---

 

Tiffany pulls her car out of their driveway. “So, do you have any place you feel like going to?” she asks her companion.

Rose glances at Tiffany. “Would you mind taking a walk with me before having dinner?”

“Sure, we can do that!” agrees Tiffany. Then she adds playfully, “Sounds like you have quite a romantic date planned out for us.”

Rose blushes as she realizes how her request sounded. “That’s so totally not what I meant! I was just, you know, I only wanted to talk about some things before eating. I feel like we can get more privacy on a walk rather than at a restaurant,” she explains quickly.

Tiffany laughs at her companion’s flustered reaction. “It’s so awesome how Jendeuk has described you so perfectly! Did you know that we’ve talked a lot about you, Jisoo, and Lisa while we’re at work?”

“No, I didn’t. What has she said about me?” Rose inquires curiously, wondering how Jennie had described her so well to Tiffany.

“She said that you were really fun to tease, and gets embarrassed the most easily out of the four of you.”

Thanks Jennie. That was a really heartwarming description of me. “I’m so flattered to hear that,” Rose replies in a flat tone.

“I’m sure you are. Those were some big compliments,” Tiffany replies with amusement as she slows the car to a stop at a red light. “I’m so glad I finally get the chance to meet you. The way Jen has talked about you, you sound like a really awesome friend to be around.”

Rose smiles fondly as she thought about her friendship with Jennie. “She’s just as awesome. I’m really glad to have her as a friend; we’ve been through so much together, going back to middle school.” She and Lisa knew about my crush on Jichu, but they never said anything about it. Instead, they helped me so that it didn’t hurt as much to see Jichu with other girls, and I’ll never forget that.

“That’s what she said about you too.” Tiffany grins as she starts driving again when the light turns green. “The close-knit friendship she has with you girls reminds me so much of what I have with my friends.”

“Oh really? Then I think it’s only fair that you tell me about them, since you already know so much about us!”

Tiffany’s grin broadens. “Oh my god, where do I begin? Jess and I come from a group of nine really close friends…”

 

---

 

Tiffany’s car approaches Yongsan Park. “How’s this for a place to walk?”

Rose smiles as she admires the beautiful landscape of the popular family park. There were people of all ages, mostly families with children, enjoying what the park had to offer; vast fields of green grass, numerous trees that provided shade, colorful playgrounds, walking trails, and a large pond. And the mildly sunny weather made it a perfect day for a walk. “I love this place.”

Rose really wanted Jisoo to be there so that they could take a walk together. Jichu, I really want to hold your hand right now, and enjoy this park with you.

Tiffany glances at her companion, and then a slow, knowing smile forms on her lips. “You miss her already, don’t you?”

Rose gives her a half smile, feeling a little embarrassed. “Is it really that obvious?”

“For an expert like me, yes, it is.” Tiffany grins as she unfastens her seatbelt. “Come on, we have a lot of things to talk about!”

 

Soon, the two girls were on the walking trail, which was being used by a moderate number of other people; fortunately, it wasn’t nearly as crowded as how it was on the campus walkways in between classes.

Tiffany gazes upward at the younger girl with a pout on her lips. “I hadn’t realized that you were taller than me.”

“Not by much, though.” Rose inadvertently thinks about her girlfriend and smiles fondly. “You’re the same height as Jichu.”

“Ah, the obvious signs of young love,” Tiffany says dramatically as she places her hands on her chest. “When the thought of your lover constantly occupies your mind and makes your heart flutter with longing!”

“Don’t make fun of me!” Rose blushes as she smacks Tiffany arm, making the older girl laugh.

“My friends would always give me such a hard time whenever I became lovesick over Sica,” Tiffany replies, grinning. “And trust me, it happened a lot.”

Rose couldn’t help grinning back as she pictured Tiffany being lovesick. I could see her whining and pouting a lot. “I would love to see that.”

“If we spend more time together, I’m sure you will,” assures Tiffany while she adjusts her ponytail. “Now, tell me about your problems.”

Rose hesitates, suddenly feeling a little timid about discussing the touchy subject. wasn’t something she was comfortable talking about, especially with someone she barely knew. She even had a hard time talking about it with her friends. “Before we go into that, how do you feel about ?”

Tiffany grins broadly. So that’s what it was about. Nini has told me that the couple had some major issues regarding that. “That’s a very common obstacle for couples, especially new ones, so there’s absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

But anyways, to answer your question, it’s extremely important. It really is the spice that adds excitement to a relationship.”

Rose examines the path that they’re walking on, noticing a discarded candy wrapper on the ground. “Ok, but is there a right time to do that?”

“Yes, but it’s different for everyone. The right time would be when both of you feel ready to .”

“How do you know when you feel ready?”

“When your get wet, just by having her touch you,” answers Tiffany in a no-nonsense tone.

Rose stares at her, not being sure she had heard correctly. Are you serious? That’s how you know you’re ready?! “What?”

Tiffany laughs at the expression on the younger girl’s face. “I’m kidding! The real answer is when it just feels right. You’ll feel comfortable with the idea of seeing each other and touching each other intimately.”

“So if you’re not comfortable with that idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter