Twelve

Look how pretty I am
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie and the others managed to stay quiet long enough to get a few minutes of studying done.

Bomi unwraps a piece of gum and puts it into . “Hey Jen.”

Jennie keeps her attention on her notes, expecting her friend to say something completely pointless. “What?”

“Who do you think is the hottest girl at this table?”

“This is why I try to avoid studying with you.”

Bomi lazily turns the page of her psychology textbook, having hardly read any of it. “Come on! I’m just trying to create some excitement around here.”

“Unfortunately, asking stupid questions doesn’t create excitement.” Jennie writes something on a sheet of paper.

“Damn, girl! Grouchy as always!” Bomi turns to Eunji, hoping to find someone more cooperative. “All right Eunji, how about you?!”

Eunji groans, not being very happy about getting interrupted while trying to solve a difficult math equation. “You’re the hottest at this table! Now leave me alone!”

“Aww, you really think so? You’re so nice,” Bomi says, grinning playfully.

Eunji ignores her as she goes back to working on her math homework.

Bomi decides to try questioning the maknae, who also didn’t seem to be in the mood for working on school material. “Lisa, how about you?”

Lisa glances at her, unaware of the question. She had been watching other students walk by their table. “What?”

“Who’s the hottest girl here?”

“I’m not answering that! That’s an embarrassing question!”

“It is not! It will show everyone how thoughtful and cool you are!” insists Bomi, blowing a bubble.

“Well, in that case, you better answer the question, Lisa,” Jennie encourages the maknae.

“No way!” Lisa holds her hand out towards Bomi, her palm facing up.

Bomi places a piece of gum on the maknae’s hand, and then notices that Jisoo and Rose were approaching them. “Chaesoo’s joining us!” she announces to her friends.

“Yay, Chaesoo is here!” cheers Lisa and Namjoo.

Hyejeong rests her chin on her palm. “We’re so honored that you made the time for us. How did you ever manage to fit us into your busy schedule?”

“Don’t get used to it. We only stopped by because my girl wanted to do some homework before starting our date.” Jisoo pulls out a chair for Rose.

Rose smiles as she sits down. “Thank you, you’re so sweet.”

Jisoo pulls her own chair out and sits down next to her girlfriend. “Sweet enough to get a kiss?”

Rose answers her with a peck on her cheek.

The older girl obviously wasn’t satisfied with that, showing it with a pout. “I think I deserve a little more than that.”

“I think you’re being too greedy.” Rose gives her girlfriend a smirk before opening her bookbag and searching for her notebook.  “I’ve already kissed you enough today.”

Oh, you want to play hard to get? “I wasn’t talking about kissing.” Jisoo moves closer to her girlfriend so that their legs and hips were touching. She then places her arms around Rose’s waist, placing one of her hands on the younger girl’s thigh.

Rose’s cheeks turns red as a delighted smile forms on her lips. She could never get enough of her girlfriend’s open displays of affections. It’s one of the many things I love about you.

Rose the older girl’s arm as she and Jisoo smile at each other.

“Aww, just look at them! Aren’t they so cute?!” squeals Seolhyun.

Namjoo also squeals. “Yeah, they are!”

Jennie rolls her eyes. Maybe I should find another table.

Eunji couldn’t help grinning as she glances up from her math assignment. “Jisoo and Rose being a couple. Never would’ve thought that this would happen.”

Hyejeong stares at the couple. “Damn, I’m still not used to seeing them be like this!”

“I know, right? They were friends only a few days ago!” agrees Lisa. It was only a few days ago when Rose was telling Jisoo how ridiculous she was to be flirting with her. And look at them now.

Rose suddenly feels self-conscious, perceiving the curious eyes of her friends around the table. She had noticed that they had stopped what they were doing to watch the couple, and it was embarrassing her. “Don’t you have work to do?” she asks them pointedly.

“Yeah, but this is far more interesting!” Bomi was leaning forward with her elbows on the table.

“Just ignore us and continue with what you were doing, unnies!” encourages Lisa.

Rose frowns. “Haven’t you girls seen couples interact before?!”

“Of course, but they weren’t Chaesoo!” Hyejeong was recording the couple on her phone.

Jisoo gently tugs the sleeve of her frowning girlfriend’s shirt. “Forget about those losers, honey. Just concentrate on us. And speaking of which, let’s talk a little more about what I deserve.”

“What do you want?” Rose whispers suspiciously to her girlfriend.

Jisoo wasn’t expecting the younger girl to suddenly move closer to her and whisper. She shivers slightly as she feels her girlfriend’s breath on her ear. “You, of course,” Jisoo replies, giving Rose a peck on her lips.

Rose giggles. “No, I need to do my homework!”

“Then I’ll just watch.” Jisoo snuggles against Rose.

Upon feeling her girlfriend’s softness and warmth, the younger girl’s heart starts pounding, and her face grows hotter. She was amazed at how just a simple gesture of affection was making her react this way. Is love making me feel like this?

Rose was tempted to snuggle with her girlfriend, but she had to concentrate on her homework. “H-how am I supposed to work while you’re doing this?!”

“Not my problem,” her girlfriend playfully responds.

“Oh, thanks! You’re so considerate!”

“Rose, you look so adorable when you blush like that!” teases Bomi.

Hyejeong tries to adjust the angle of her phone. “Look this way, please!”

Rose glares at her friends as she covers her cheeks with her hands. “Shut up!”

 

---

 

Jisoo walks out of the restroom and heads back to her friends. I wonder how my cute honey muffin is doing without me. I’m sure she misses me already.

“Looks like we meet again.”

Jisoo instantly recognizes the sultry female voice and instinctively tenses up.

. It’s Suzy again. “Apparently so.” She turns to see her ex-girlfriend smiling at her.

“You’re even more beautiful than when I last saw you,” Suzy compliments smoothly, maintaining her smile as she steps closer to Jisoo.

Jisoo gives her a wry grin as she tries to cover up her tension with her usual confidence. “I suppose you’re not looking too bad yourself. Though not quite as pretty as me, of course.”

“That’s high praise, coming from you.”

“I know.”

Suzy chuckles softly. “For the last half year or so, I’ve been a little curious about how you’ve been doing.”

Jisoo tilts her head to the side. “Has it been that long already?”

“Yes, it has. So how have you been?”

“I’ve been doing great. The university has been manageable, and I can’t complain about my lovelife.” Jisoo relaxes a little bit as she thought about her girlfriend. I can’t wait to cuddle my sweetie again!

“Oh, really? I’m so happy to hear that. You and Rose are one of the cutest couples I’ve ever seen.” Suzy tucks her hair behind her ear. “So how long have you two been dating?”

Rose interrupted me before I could tell Suzy that we’ve only been on one date. She doesn’t want Suzy to know that our relationship is just starting. I don’t know how long we can keep that from her, but I’ll play along for now. “It’s been a month now,” answers Jisoo casually.

Suzy looks straight into her ex-girlfriend’s eyes. You always were good at lying, even though I can usually see through them. But I’m having a hard time determining whether you’re telling the truth right now. “A month? That’s impressive. You and Rose beat our record of two and a half weeks.”

“It sure is impressive. Can you picture someone like me settling down for a month?”

Suzy was amused by the response. “No, I can’t. What’s gotten into you?”

Jisoo smiles, and then speaks with fondness in her voice. “I just have a really good feeling about her. She has always meant a lot to me.”

“Is that your way of saying that she’s surprisingly really good in bed?”

The question catches Jisoo off guard, but she tries not to show it. How I wish I could find out! I really hope that answer’s going to be yes. “It sure is. She really tests my endurance, which is quite an accomplishment.”

Suzy smirks confidently. “Is she better than me?”

“Oh come on, she doesn’t have nearly as much experience as you do. She is catching on fast though.”

“Of course she is. She has one of the best teachers around, so what else can you expect?”

Jisoo smiles proudly as she flips her hair back. “I’m glad to see that you’re still able to recognize exceptional talent when you see it.”

Suzy grins. “Exceptional talent is right. I sure hope that Rose appreciates it.”

“She certainly does. And she shows it very well.”

Do I detect a hint of wistfulness in her voice? Suzy was about to continue speaking, but was interrupted by someone.

Lisa was standing behind a bookshelf, peeking around its corner. She had been secretly watching the two girls talk for the past few minutes. I knew it! Suzy wasn’t wasting any time getting back in touch with Jichu unnie! I have to do this for Rose!

“Jichu unnie!” Lisa exclaims excitedly, hugging Jisoo from the side. “I’ve been looking for you!”

Jisoo looks at the maknae, frowning slightly with confusion. “Why? I was only gone for a few minutes, and I told everyone where I was going.”

“I really need to talk to you! Like, right now!”

Jisoo raises an eyebrow. “Is something wrong?”

“Er, yes… kind of… Hurry, unnie! Come with me!” urges Lisa, grabbing her older friend’s wrist.

“I’m sorry, we’ll talk some more later,” Jisoo apologizes to Suzy as she starts walking away with Lisa.

“No problem. I’ll be around.” Suzy smirks as she watches the two girls leave. I wonder how strong Jisoo and Rose’s relationship is. And how much of what Jisoo told me was true. She takes her phone out of her coat pocket and sends a text message to her friend.

 

“All right, what’s the emergency?” questions Jisoo, sounding slightly annoyed as they approach their friends’ table.

“Getting you away from Suzy!” Lisa skips over to her seat and sits down.

Jisoo put her hands on her hips. “Excuse me?”

Upon hearing that name, Rose sets her book down. “Did you meet Suzy again?”

“Yes, she saw me come out of the restroom.” Jisoo quickly forgets her annoyance and sits down next to her girlfriend.

“She saw you come out of it? And wasn’t actually in there with you?” inquires Hyejeong, who receives a slap on the arm from Seolhyun.

Hyejeong frowns at her as she rubs her arm. “What was that for?! I was just making sure she was telling us the whole story!”

“You’re making it worse for Rose, so shut up!” whispers Seolhyun.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” Hyejeong replies, glancing at Rose.

Rose was now frowning as she tightens the grip on the pen she was holding. I let Jichu out of my sight for five minutes, and Suzy manages to find her. Was she watching us from a distance, waiting for her chance to go after Jichu? There’s only one reason why an ex would be so insistent on seeing you again after a long time.

Jisoo places her hand on Rose’s thigh. “Sweetie, I’m telling the truth.”

“I believe you,” Rose says quietly. She gradually relaxes the grip on her pen. “It’s just… it’s the thought of Suzy trying to get back together with you…”

Jennie decides to intervene. “Rose has a good point. I think you two need to talk.”

Jisoo slowly her girlfriend’s thigh. “We’re going to, when we get back home.” She wasn’t being completely upfront with Rose when she told the younger girl that she didn’t want the talk to ruin their date. Jisoo was also feeling a little nervous about her girlfriend’s reactions after revealing the details of her past with Suzy, and had wanted to po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter