Chapter 23

Baby It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

School has never been this busy. On a daily basis, you could see the students relaxing and chilling around even when it's examination week. The only time you could see them hyped up for something is during School fair.

 

 

School fair is one of the most special and busiest time in Jeguk High School. A lot of people insiders and outsiders are welcome to visit, it is also a great time for the students to make some connections for future references. Since Jeguk high is a school for the elites, the students don't settle for less, they always do things extravagantly.

 

 

Instead of stalls and booths that have stores and halls as their stations. Each class are required to do a specific act or some participation for the school fair, also school clubs are responsible for the big stations and events. Like how the whole art class are required to be the official photographers for the school fair. The event will last for 3 days, the last day being a big program for the students and faculty members.

 

 

And so, my explanation about the school fair ends here, I give you the president of The Drama Club.

 

 

Krystal Jung went to school early to help her team prepare for their station. The film club, drama club and multimedia club have some big collaboration for this year. The three clubs had rented two auditoriums and turned it into a cinema. They prepared 4 films just for this fair; romantic, action, horror and sci-fi are the genres. Two movies will be showing for the entire day and another two will be showing tomorrow.

 

 

Despite Krystal's love problems she also has to be a responsible drama club president, not only that but she's also the school's junior representative it means she's also responsible for checking the stations that are being run by juniors. She finished checking her own club station and now she needs to do a patrolling to check others.

 

 

So far, the school fair is lively and no one encountered some major problems aside from one station running out of paper towels, one station needed a spare speaker because theirs were grounded and so on and so forth.

 

 

No one needed a major help.

 

 

Krystal was about to take a rest and call Yoonri. The girl only replied to her good morning message and that's all she got from Yoonri since morning. She started to get tired and became a hopeless puppy because she misses her girl a lot, she doesn't know how she can keep up with all the responsibilities she needs to finish for the day if she won't see the girl.

 

 

But then a group of girls approached her. The girls look like they're in between panic and excited. Krystal realized that the girls are from the theater club, their station is the wedding station where students can marry their crushes or boyfriends/girlfriends. All you have to do is to sign up for a schedule with your name and the name of the person you want to marry and give some donations. Well, they also offer special operations like surprise wedding which cost a generous donation.

 

 

"Krystal-shii" one girl said.

 

 

"We're glad we found you"

 

 

"Why? Is there any problem with you station?" She asked.

 

 

"None, actually our station is quite popular, we haven't had a single rest since we opened" another girl said.

 

 

"Good to hear that" Krystal said.

 

 

"We have one thing though"

 

 

"What's that?"

 

 

"You, we need you Krystal-shii" one of the girls said.

 

 

"Me? Why?"

 

 

"Well, you know we have this uhm special operation. And we badly need you in it" one of them explained.

 

 

"Straight to the point please" Krystal doesn't mean to sound cold but the curiosity kicks in.

 

 

"T-there's a request for a wedding and the b-bride is y-you" poor girl stuttered.

 

 

"I don't want" she said firmly.

 

 

"B-but..."

 

 

"Look for another bride. I'm not interested" Krystal said.

 

 

Somehow, she got a feeling that it's a bad idea so she's avoiding it as much as she could. She really needs to know where Yoonri is right now. Her feelings are a little bit over the place and she knows that Yoonri is the only one that can calm her nerves.

 

The girls looked dejected and hopeless. How can they make the Jung come with them? The person who requested the wedding gave a really generous donation the will help the whole theatre club, they wouldn’t want to disappoint someone that helped them a lot.

 

Then one girl had an idea, what’s the used of being in a theatre club if she doesn’t use her skills, though she’s going to use it to the president of the drama club it’s still worth a try.

 

“Uhmm… Krystal-shii. This person really likes you, that person asked a little help from us and we are just doing that person a favor. Aren’t you curious who that person is? You haven’t seen them in a while, I bet you are missing them. This wedding is just a form of appreciating this person’s effort I bet you don’t want to make them feel sad and regret every effort that was put into this request” the girl said.

 

They got Krystal’s attention with that long speech, now she’s curious who that person is. Person that she misses? There is only one person in her mind.

 

"How long it would take?" Krystal asked that made the girls happy.

 

 

They were so glad that they had a hard time answering the question.

 

 

"Don't worry, it's just a short ceremony. You just have to say I do" one girl said.

 

 

"But first, you need to dress up" they said and dragged Krystal to the auditorium where the wedding station is.

 

 

Krystal's heart is beating fast, she doesn't know if it is because she's scared or excited she just can't tell. The word wedding or marriage have a great impact on her mood and she didn't want it to stay like that. Wedding is supposed to be a happy event and not something that she should be scared of. She needs to start changing her way of thinking about it. What if Yoonri asked her to get married? Just thinking about it made her heart happy.

 

 

They arrived in a room, that looks like the dressing room they hand Krystal a paper bag and told her to get dressed.

 

 

"What?" Krystal asked dumbly.

 

 

"It's your wedding day, you need to dress up according to the situation. You are the bride so please wear it"

 

 

"But..."

 

 

"Don't worry, it's yours already. The person that you are going to marry bought it for you"

 

 

Krystal sighs but soon went inside the makeshift fitting room and wore the dress. It is a strapless white knee length A-line cocktail dress. It has a black ribbon that is tied around the waist giving an elegant feeling that is perfect for the simple white dress. She contemplated if she's going to wear it or not but then she wouldn't want to make a big deal out of it so she wore the dress.

 

 

She went out of the fitting area and showed herself to the girls who dragged her in that situation. Everyone was in awe of how beautiful she is. She felt a little embarrassed so she broke the silence and asked the girls what to do next.

 

 

"So...?" Krystal said.

 

 

"Oh, this... wear this" one girl handed her another paper bag.

 

 

Krystal took a peek and immediately turned returned the bag.

 

 

"No... I'm not going to wear that" she said.

 

 

"But Krystal-shii..."

 

 

"No, it's enough that this wedding took a lot of time from me. I'm not going to wear that. If you're going to insist then I'm out" Krystal firmly said.

 

 

"Okay... we apologized" they said.

 

 

"Let's get this done" Krystal said and went out of the dressing room.

 

 

The girls gave signal to the other club members outside that they are ready. On cue, the wedding march started to play and Krystal went to the alter only to be disappointed by the person who was waiting for her on the makeshift altar.

 

 

"Kai..." she said venomously.

 

 

"Were you expecting someone else?" Kai said calmly.

 

 

Krystal didn't answer, she should've followed her first instinct. This guy in front if her is a pure jerk and she doesn't want anything to do with him as much as possible. Krystal was about to walk away when Kai stopped her.

 

 

"Wait..."

 

 

"Don't touch me". Krystal said and tried to free her wrist from Kai's grip.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter