Chapter 21

Baby It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She remembered overreacting the moment she saw Yoonri limping her way inside the classroom. She was about to go out and look for the girl when she saw Yoonri at the door. She got a bad feeling when she arrived in the classroom that day and didn’t saw a glimpse of her.

 

Krystal is still furious about the incident that happened to Yoonri two days ago. She overheard somewhere that a group of girls had been spreading malicious comments about Yoonri and bragging that they cornered and made the girl kneel in front of them, one even said that she slapped ‘the Kim Yoonri’. Until now she has yet to find those girls but she’s sure that she’s going to make them pay for what they have done. The wound on Yoonri’s knee is still a bit fresh and she couldn’t forgive herself for not being with Yoonri when that happened.

 

For two days she stayed close to Yoonri like a magnet, it looks so sweet but Yoonri is starting to get annoyed. Like right now they are arguing because the girl won’t leave her side when Krystal needs to attend a very important meeting for the upcoming school fair. The Drama Club president is being a drama queen right at this moment.

 

“They don’t need me there, Sulli will attend also so I don’t have to” Krystal stubbornly argued.

 

“Soojung you are the president; your presence is necessary. Just go. I’ll be fine on my own. I’ll wait in the cafeteria or let’s just meet in the parking lot. I’ll call you if I met some trouble” Yoonri trying to disclosed the argument.

 

“But you need me…” Krystal tried to cutely make her way out.

 

“I don’t…” Yoonri doesn’t want to sound rude but the way Krystal is gluing herself to her is starting to get bothersome.

 

Yoonri felt guilty when she saw the pained expression on the Jung’s face. Krystal poked her cheeks with her tongue, a habit that she does when she gets mad. She doesn’t want to show Yoonri that she got hurt by those two words but her eyes couldn’t lie.

 

“Fine” Krystal said and turned her heels to leave but stopped halfway.

 

Yoonri is guilty enough to let her go just like that. She felt a tugged on her uniform, she knows that was Yoonri and if she ever looks back she won’t be able to collect herself and her crashing pride that will be scattered on the floor any second now. Moments after, she felt the girl’s forehead against her back and she thought that the world suddenly stopped.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Yet another two words that instantly patched up everything. She sighed frustratingly knowing that she doesn’t have anything to counter those words of surrender. After all, Yoonri could’ve hurt her a million times and she would still forgive the girl when she says sorry. She took another deep breath before she faces the girl behind her. She smiled seeing Yoonri guilty while she fidgets with her fingers. She places both of her hands on Yoonri’s cheeks before she places a kiss on her head.

 

“I’ll see you later” she said before leaving.

 

There are things that can be fixed by talking and things that can be fixed by understanding each other even without saying anything. And both of them are glad that somehow the two of them became what they are right now.

 

 ---

 

The cafeteria was packed for an obvious reason. Kim Jongin. For the past few days it has been Kai who’s causing such commotion by just walking, sitting or even just when somebody mentions his name, a crowd would be all hyped up for that stupid reason. She didn’t bother to throw even a glance on Krystal’s crazy fiancé to be, that is if he manages to snatched the Jung away from her.

 

Yoonri sat on a free spot somewhere in the middle of the hall. Students inside the cafeteria aren’t even eating but they weren’t kind enough to give away their seats. It’s like they are waiting for a teen drama to unfold, she heard murmurs whenever a group passed by her seat but like always she doesn’t give a damn about any of it. Not until someone just pronounced a battle against her.

 

In the middle of the cafeteria.

 

For everyone to see.

 

The moment feels like forever. She didn’t know how much juice was inside the glass. She can feel the gushed of liquid wetting her hair, down to her uniform. She waited until the glass was empty, she watched as the juice soaked her sketch pad and drips down the table onto the floor. The silence was deafening and she thought that the only sound that she could hear was the ticking of the clock.

 

“oops… I thought that was the trash bin. The orange juice tasted so bad I decided to throw it” the trash himself said.

 

Yoonri doesn’t need to see who the guy was and Kai doesn’t even have to speak for her to know.

 

“I thought that you are only desperate, didn’t know that you are also stupid” Yoonri countered.

 

She stood up from her seat to face Kai and wasn’t surprised when that insolent imbecile just grabbed her collar and pulled her dangerously closer to him. Kai greeted his teeth and growled at the girl but Yoonri just stared at him uninterested at what he’s going on about. This added to Kai’s burning rage at the girl.

 

“You don’t know what I’m capable of doing. You better leave Krystal or you’ll have to deal with death yourself” Kai said.

 

Everybody is at the edge of their seats. Watching a live drama in the middle of the cafeteria. No one dares to interrupt or even call a teacher.

 

“You better think of another plan. I’m not going to be scared just because of death. He’s my best friend since I was 8” Yoonri answered unbothered checking her nails while Kai’s grip on her collar seems to tighten.  Droplets of the orange juice started to travel fast down her neck when Kai puts more pressure on his fist that’s gripping on Yoonri’s collar.

 

“Better watch your back Ashly Kim”

 

Kai pushed her releasing her in the process. She managed to catch her balance or else her body could’ve met with the floor. Yoonri just smirked and shook her head lightly.

 

"Thanks for the orange juice, it's refreshing"

 

Yoonri tastes the juice from her fingers and shakes off the liquid from her sketchbook. Her hair is dripping and her uniform is wet. She gets her bag coolly and left the cafeteria all eyes are on her. However, Kim Yoonri isn’t the type of person who just ran away after a fight, she makes sure that she always gets the last laugh. Smiling, she turned around while walking and said something to Kai. Her victory speech for all the students to hear.

 

“oh… I forgot. If you want Krystal to notice you, why not trying to be a girl sometimes. Or better try to be me. But then again I’m a limited edition so better luck next time” Yoonri smiled her sweetest smile and skip her way out of the cafeteria.

 

---

 

Yoonri shivered not because of the cold water from the showers, not also because of the cold tiled shower room floor and most definitely not because of Kai. She shivered because of her own thoughts, what if Krystal gets hurt? Or their friends? She wouldn’t know what to do. And just by thinking about it, Yoonri feels hopeless already. 

 

Being cold and brave was her façade. Facing Kai was easy, she wouldn’t let anyone just step on her just because she looks fragile. If she was the past Yoonri, she will just let these people do what they want but the thing is she’s not that Yoonri anymore. Now, she is someone that has something to fight for, someone that she wants to protect. It was always Krystal who showers her with love and attention that she thinks she doesn’t deserves but Krystal stayed even after she rejected the girl.

 

The Jung doesn’t know how thankful she is. She still doesn’t know how to return Soojung’s feeling correctly so she’s goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter