Chapter 20

Baby It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*knock *knock

 

Krystal woke up abruptly when someone knocked on the window. She was a little dysfunctional at first but when she realized that she slept inside her car her instinct woke her up and look outside her tinted window. She was surprised to see who knocked and she didn’t know what to do, she comb her hair with her hand and made sure that she looks a little presentable before she rolled down the window.

 

Kim Taeyeon witnessed last night’s cheesy moments. And she thought that this girl inside the car is someone she can trust. She knocked on the window expecting to wake up the girl. a minute later the window opened and revealed a bare faced Krystal Jung.

 

“Good morning Miss Kim” Krystal said bowing to the older woman.

 

“Good morning” Taeyeon greeted shortly and gestured the girl to follow her inside the house.

 

Krystal was a bit jumpy, she gets her bag and went out of the car. She followed Taeyeon inside the house and looked around hoping to see a glimpse of Yoonri but the girl is nowhere to be seen.

 

“She’s still sleeping”

 

Krystal was surprised when Taeyeon spoke. She stood there in the middle of the huge living room and like a little girl being reprimanded by her mom.

 

“It’s dangerous to sleep inside your car, what would you do if something happened to you?” Taeyeon said while she prepares something inside the kitchen.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Kim” Krystal said looking down fidgeting her fingers.

 

*sigh “There’s a bathroom downstairs, left side, you can use it. Then join me for breakfast. I want to discuss something with you” Taeyeon said finally showing herself.

 

“Thank you” Krystal said timidly and went to the bathroom.

 

---

 

Krystal Jung sat on the kitchen bar stool. Across her is Taeyeon sipping on her morning coffee. The tension between them is overwhelming, Krystal thought that she would passed out in any minute.

 

‘If this is my last breakfast, can I please see Yoonri for the last time?’ she thought.

 

“First…” Taeyeon started.

 

Krystal froze when Taeyeon spoke. She cannot help it, she almost got killed by this teen-ager looking woman that turns out to be Yoonri’s mother. Taeyeon looked at her and sigh.

 

“That toast isn’t going to finish its own” Taeyeon continued.

 

Krystal immediately took a bit of her toast, she remembered something that made her smile. Yoonri said the same thing to her at Sunny’s.

 

“As I was saying… First, I want to say sorry about the other night. I was just so *sigh”

 

“It’s okay Miss Kim, you don’t have to say sorry. It was my fault. So, I understand, if I were a mom and that happened to my daughter I would’ve done the same thing” Krystal said.

 

It was nice for Taeyeon to talk to her and apologized for what happened, she would admit that she got scared for her life.

 

“You are a nice kid you know that?” Taeyeon said and smiled.

 

Krystal got shy, this is the first time someone said that she’s a nice girl. Other students are afraid of the ice princess, people only see her as the youngest Jung. No one really cares about her attitude and behavior since she’s a Jung, so having someone telling her that she’s nice made her wants to be nicer.

 

“Thank you” Krystal said shyly.

 

“Okay let’s get back to the main purpose why I wanted to talk to you, shall we?” Taeyeon asked and smiled a little when Krystal’s face changed from shy to nervous, but nevertheless the young girl nods.

 

“I want to know what’s your relationship with my daughter”

 

Krystal was caught off guard, the question made her question herself also.

 

What are they?

 

What is she to Yoonri?

 

“Honestly speaking Miss Kim, I don’t know” Krystal started.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Yoonri hasn’t given me a definite answer. I don’t have any idea about what we are currently”

 

“You mean you kissed my daughter but you are not yet in a relationship?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief.

 

“Well we are in a complicated one, and she told me to kiss her… I was just following orders” Krystal said pouting.

 

Taeyeon can’t believe of what’s she’s hearing. This girl in front of her managed to kiss her daughter without even a label.

 

“Aish… you just gave me a headache. Aigoo kids these day” Taeyeon said as she holds her forehead.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Kim” Krystal said.

 

“No need to say sorry. If you want my daughter to say yes, you need to work hard for it” Taeyeon said.

 

Krystal herself was in awe of what is happening. She expected Taeyeon to kill her the very moment she knocked on her car window. But now the woman is talking about her working hard if she wants Yoonri to say yes? What in the world is happening?

 

“So, this is what you need to do kid…” Taeyeon said and began to tell Krystal things that can get her daughter to say the sweetest yes.

 

Krystal listens intently, laughs a little when Taeyeon suggests something cheesy.

 

“Miss Kim? Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?” Krystal asked when Taeyeon was done talking.

 

“Simple. Because my daughter’s happiness is my happiness” Taeyeon answered sincerely.

 

“Her happiness is my happiness too Miss Kim” Krystal honestly said.

 

“Then that’s the only thing you ever need to get my approval” Taeyeon said and petted Krystal.

 

The two smiled at each other as if they have this secret deal accomplished.

 

 

---

 

Yoonri woke up and the first thing she did was to check outside for Krystal. She looked out her window and saw Krystal’s car still there. She needs to message Krystal before her mom see her.

 

To: Soojungie

Good morning (∩_∩)

 

Are you awake now?

 

Why did you sleep in your car?

 

Go home now…

 

See you at Sunny’s

 

Soojung?

 

Soojungie??

 

She sent a lot of message but still the girl isn’t answering. She had a bad feeling that something happened to Krystal.

 

'Maybe Mom saw her?' (/。\)

 

'Did she torture her already?' ヽ(゚O゚)ノ

 

'OMG! Soojungieee I’m sorry' (つ﹏⊂)

 

Yoonri needs to cool down. She took a bath and wore her uniform, when she’s ready she quietly went downstairs. Hoping that her mommy Taeyeon won’t see her.

 

“And where do you think you are going young lady?” Taeyeon’s voice stopped her even before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter