Chapter 19

Baby It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

From: Soojungie

I want to see you

 

That was Krystal’s last message and her heart made several somersaults. If Krystal would be like this every day, the girl will probably the number 1 cause of her death. She wasn’t able to reply when she heard someone’s footsteps, she quickly hid her phone under her pillow and covered herself under the blanket pretending to sleep.

 

Her door clicked open and soon her mommy Taeyeon is inside her room. She felt the woman sat on her bed and slowly tried to peel off the blanket over her. Yoonri pretended to be woken up by the sudden act. She slowly opened her eyes and looks at the woman in front of her.

 

“How are you feeling?” Taeyeon asked her daughter caressing her cheeks.

 

“I’m fine” Yoonri said shortly.

 

“Lunch is ready”

 

“Where’s mommy?”

 

“She flew back to Japan after dropping you off here”

 

Yoonri was upset because of what she heard. She pulled up her blanket and hid under the thick comforters.

 

“I’m not hungry”

 

*sigh “Baby, your mommy said you should eat or else you cannot open the gift she bought for you” Taeyeon said while rolling her eyes. It is true that her ex-wife said those things and she’s just delivering it.

 

Yoonri abruptly freed herself from the blankets and asked her mommy Taeyeon about the gift.

 

“I don’t know, she said I cannot open it. It’s for your eyes only”

 

“Okay I’m going to eat now” Yoonri stood up and went straight to the door leaving Taeyeon shaking her head.

 

Taeyeon then noticed her daughter’s phone under the pillow, she took it and read what’s on the screen and saw the Jung’s last message. She sighed and put back the phone under the pillow before she followed Yoonri to the dining table. She saw Yoonri waiting for her. She sat across her daughter and watched her eat. Thinking about what happened to her last night, she cannot help but to feel sad about the fact that she can lose her daughter in a snap. Yuri is right, it wasn’t anyone’s fault that she’s sick. And the only thing that they could do is keep her healthy and secured until they found the right donor.

 

“Mom, aren’t you going to eat?”

 

“Aren’t you going to tell me about Krystal Jung?” Taeyeon asked back.

 

“Even you? I heard you nearly killed her last night?” Yoonri answered with another question.

 

“She almost took my baby away from me. Who wouldn’t get mad?”

 

“Mom, I’m not a baby anymore. You and Mommy should stop treating me like one”

 

“Yeah, old enough to kiss someone until she takes your breath away. Why didn’t it happen when you were with Jiyeon?”

 

“Because she doesn’t kiss me like that” she whispered and continued eating her lunch.

 

Taeyeon just look at her daughter. For the past years she hasn’t look at her daughter like this, they couldn’t even have a decent meal together. A lot have changed, her baby grew up but she’s always a baby for her.

 

---

 

*tok

 

The sound of a pebble being  knocked on her window pulled her out of the book that she’s reading. She ignored it at first, assuming that it’s just the wind or someone is playing prank around their place. Then the second pebble hit her window, then another one. She was about to look outside when her phone rings, she immediately answered after seeing the caller’s ID

 

Soojungiee is calling…

 

 “Hello?”

 

‘I’m sorry’

 

Was the first thing that came out from the other line.

  

“For what?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter