Overprotectiveness

Constellate

         In the morning, as Tiffany drives Jessica home, there’s an odd tension in the air. Jessica’s not sure why, but Tiffany had been uncharacteristically grumpy since waking her up this morning.

 

         “What’s going on with you and Krystal?”, Tiffany asks out of nowhere.

 

         “What do you mean? You know what’s going on between us.”

 

         “I’m not sure I do.”, Tiffany says sternly.

 

         Jessica chuckles a little nervously, “Yes you do. You’re the one that set us up. We really like each other, and are working on getting to know each other better before deciding to date.”

 

         “And that’s it?”

 

         “What do you mean ‘and that’s it’?”

 

         Tiffany gives Jessica a stormy glance, something she’s never seen from the normally happy girl, “There’s really nothing more I need to know about? You haven’t been hiding anything from me?”

 

         Not caring for Tiffany’s tone, Jessica furrows her brow, “Of course not. What in the world are you talking about?”

 

         “I’m just starting to question your intentions with her.”, Tiffany says in the same terse tone.

 

         Immediately upon hearing Tiffany’s accusation Jessica feels anger take hold of her, “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

 

         “You two looked a little too cozy together this morning. What am I supposed to think when I see you wrapped around my baby sister with your hands all over her?”, Tiffany says accusingly.

 

         Jessica struggles not to raise her voice, “We were just cuddling, Tiffany. I hate to break it to you, but that’s a normal thing that people who like each other do. We weren’t even going to share a bed, but Krystal was having bad dreams and wanted to sleep by me. I was afraid you’d end up acting this way.”

 

         Tiffany responds only by glaring at Jessica so she continues speaking, “I know you’re worried because she’s your little sister, but I’m not going to use her. You’re the one that said you were setting me up with her because you trust me, right?” Tiffany nods solemnly, “So just trust me then. The most we’ve done is kiss, and I don’t plan on doing anything more for quite awhile. Not until we’re together and she says she’s ready. Krystal’s old enough to take care of herself, and I’m not interested in her for physical stuff. Relax, okay?”

 

         Though she lets out a sigh, Tiffany’s expression remains serious, “She likes you a lot, Jess. She talks about you so much… I think she might already be in love with you.”

 

         Jessica gives her a wide eyed glance, “What!? It’s way too early for that!”

 

         “She’s young, and, aside from me, I think you’re the first person she’s really felt like she can be herself around. She trusts you and cares about you…” Tiffany pauses to give Jessica a slight smile, “I’m trying to not act like the typical overprotective big sister, and I really thought I’d be totally fine with her seeing you... But it’s difficult when I can see how set she is on you. Just… just be gentle with her, okay? And always be open about your intentions.”

 

         “Of course. You know me, Tiffany. I’m not going to screw her over or something like that. I’m not that type of person.”, Jessica says in a soft tone.

 

         Tiffany lets out a deep sigh, “I know I’m just paranoid. I don’t think I could deal with seeing her all heartbroken and depressed. Especially if it’s because of something my best friend did.”

 

         “I can’t promise I won’t break her heart. I can’t see into the future. But as of now, I’m only seeing good things for us ahead. However if there does come a time when I have to stop seeing her, I won’t be harsh about it.” Jessica pauses for a moment before continuing, “I really do like her a lot, Tiffany.”

 

         Silently Tiffany nods, but the atmosphere in the car is still tense. To lighten it up, Jessica chuckles, “I’ve never been afraid of you until today.”

 

         Luckily, Tiffany’s stony expression melts into a smile, “My serious side is no joke.”




 

    

         The week goes by fast for Jessica. At least much faster than she’s used to. There’s no doubt in her mind that it’s because she’s actually been looking forward to the weekend. She finally has time to see Krystal in person rather than just talking over the phone like they’ve been doing all week.

 

         As Jessica drives to Tiffany’s house she mulls over how her and Krystal could spend this weekend. It hadn’t really came up in their conversations; they had been so excited to just be together that planning out what they’d do had slipped both of their minds.

 

         “Jessica!”, that familiar excited voice yells.

 

         Jessica turns with a smile to see Krystal climbing into the passenger seat of her car.

 

         Without much warning Krystal wraps Jessica in a tight hug, “It’s like you missed me or something.” Jessica says jokingly as she hugs back.

 

         Krystal pulls away with a chuckle, “Maybe I did. But you can’t prove it.” She says as she crosses her arms.

 

         Jessica can’t help but laugh, “You’re too cute.” She closes the space between them to give Krystal a brief kiss on the lips before pulling away from Tiffany’s house with a grin on her face.





 

         “What did you have in mind for tonight?”, Krystal asks as she puts her overnight bag in Jessica’s bedroom.

 

         “I’m not really sure.”, Jessica yells from the living room, “Did you want to do anything in particular?”

 

         Krystal walks towards Jessica with a thoughtful look on her face, “I’d like to order something to eat in a bit. After that… I don’t know.”

 

         “We could watch a movie?”

 

         “Only if it can be a scary one.” Krystal laughs when she see’s the nervous expression on Jessica’s face, “Is something wrong with that?”

 

         “I’ve never been the best with horror…”

 

         Krystal throws her arms around Jessica; giving her a sloppy hug, “It doesn’t have to be anything with jump scares. Maybe a psychological thriller?”

 

        Jessica’s nervous expression doesn’t falter, “I don’t know…”

 

         “C’mon. I’ll be right beside you all night. Besides I think you’d look adorable scared.”

 

         With a scoff Jessica playfully shoves Krystal away, “You .”

 

         Krystal giggles, “Please, Jessi?”

 

         Just one look into Krystal’s pleading puppy dog eyes is all it takes, “Fine, fine. But you’re not allowed to laugh at me when I get scared.”

 

         Once again Krystal latches onto Jessica, “Don’t worry, I won’t.”




 

         As the credits for the horror movie roll, Jessica turns towards Krystal, “At least tell me you liked it, and that I didn’t suffer for nothing.”

 

         “I did. And I was right. You are really cute when you’re scared.”

 

         Jessica scoffs and rolls her eyes. Though she knows she can’t complain much. After all, Krystal had kept her promise of not laughing at her. Not just that, but her arm had been resting protectively over Jessica’s shoulders through the entirety of the film. “I’m older than you. You’re not allowed to think I’m cute.” Jessica says sternly.

 

         “Way too late for that.”, Krystal says with a smile.

 

         Jessica stares at her peacefully; studying Krystal’s features as she’s done many times before. The sight of Krystal smiling genuinely always makes Jessica melt. That wide, kiddish and carefree grin is so unlike the practiced one she’s seen in Krystal’s photoshoots. There’s also that playful twinkle in her eyes.

 

         Jessica lifts her hand up to caress Krystal’s cheek, “You have one of the most beautiful smiles I’ve ever seen.”

 

         Krystal sighs and leans into Jessica’s touch, “Your smile is beautiful, too. I wish I could look at it forever.”

 

        The compliment makes Jessica’s heart flutter, and even causes her cheeks to heat up. Without much thought, she leans in and kisses Krystal hard. It’s just a peck on the lips, but it’s lingering and meaningful.

 

        Jessica breaks the kiss only to feel Krystal’s lips on her’s again only seconds later. The intention behind this kiss is different though; Jessica can feel it. When Krystal’s lips start moving gently against her’s, she knows her prediction was correct.

 

        After a minute, their gentle open-mouth but no tongue kisses are driving Jessica crazy. Despite her doubts of how Krystal might respond, Jessica lightly runs her tongue over the younger girl’s bottom lip. The feeling of Krystal’s nails digging into her shoulders makes her think it was a bad decision, but only for a second. It doesn’t take Krystal long to reciprocate.

 

        The feeling of their tongues moving together for the first time is enough to make both girls gasp. The sound causes a wave of heat to go through Jessica’s body; causing her to grip her hands to the sides of Krystal’s shirt to prevent them from wandering.

 

        For the first time in a long time, Jessica finds herself emotionally invested in a makeout session. Adrenaline is flooding through her body making her lightheaded and shaky. Despite how obviously inexperienced and clumsy Krystal’s tongue is, Jessica can’t help but think that this is possibly one of the best kisses she’s ever shared with anyone.

 

        After what only feels like a minute, Krystal pulls away gasping for air. Glancing at the clock Jessica marvels at the fact that five minutes have already gone by. However that astonishment disappears when she looks at Krystal again.

 

        “Are you alright?, Jessica asks with obvious concern. Krystal’s cheeks are rosy, her lips bright red, and her chest still heaving as she tries to catch her breath. Though Jessica’s fighting for air herself, she doesn’t think she’s nearly as winded as Krystal seems to be.

 

        Krystal smiles, “Ye-yeah. I’m… I’m fine. That was just…” A giggle escapes her, “That was just really good.”

 

        Seeing that all is well, Jessica smiles back, “It was.” As Krystal fights to regain her normal breathing pattern Jessica plays with her hair casually.

 

        Almost as soon as her breathing returns to normal Krystal asks, “Can we kiss more?”, her voice is shy and a little hesitant.

 

        Jessica can’t hold back her chuckle, “Of course. As much as you want.” Truth be told, she was about to ask the exact same question.




 

        In the morning, as Jessica looks at herself in the bathroom mirror, she grins in amusement. Her lips are an abnormally bright shade of red; not to mention a little sore. Not that Jessica minds in the slightest. The almost hour of being caught in a lip lock with Krystal was beyond worth it.

 

        “That girl is really something.”, Jessica thinks with a grin. Despite her inexperience it hadn’t taken long for Krystal to take charge of their make out session. Their kisses had been varying degrees of gentle, and rough, as well as slow and fast. Things were going so smoothly up until Jessica’s hormones had gotten the better of her.

 

        They had been captured in a kiss that can only be described as vicious and hungry. All the long minutes of making out with the occasional neck kisses, along with the soft, needy sounds Krystal had started to make, caused Jessica’s body to heat up with an undeniably sensual fire. It burned through her veins and melted away her rationality.

 

        Jessica’s hands had began to wander, and Krystal had seemed okay with that. Fingers grabbing at her sides, palms sliding down her back, even the ghosting caress of Jessica’s hand over her chest. But what had seemed to cross the line was when Jessica had pushed Krystal down on the couch to be on top of her.

 

        Jessica was poised over top of her, knees resting on either side of Krystal’s hips, and going in to continue their heated kissing when Krystal had panted out a shy, “I-I think that’s enough for now…” Before pushing herself away from Jessica and sitting up.

 

        Jessica had instantly felt bad. Like she should have taken things slower, or at least asked beforehand. Krystal had been quiet the rest of the night, and Jessica was convinced that the younger girl was mad at her. That is, until they were getting ready to go to sleep. Krystal had cuddled up close to Jessica, given her a small kiss goodnight, and held her tightly; letting Jessica be the little spoon this time.

 

        Still, Jessica feels the need to make up for last night, so she begins to make breakfast.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Sorry for the long wait! I'm not the best when it comes to updating...

But hey, no matter how long I take to post each chapter, this fic will definitely get completed. As a reader I know that there's almost nothing worse than a discontinued story.

As always thanks so much for reading, subbing, and commenting!