Brief Glances

Constellate

         It’s around 1pm when Jessica pulls up to Tiffany’s house feeling more than a little bummed out. She doesn’t want to part from Krystal just yet, but she knows she has to.

 

         Krystal turns to Jessica with a smile, “This weekend has been incredible, thank you.”

 

         Jessica chuckles, “Don’t thank me. I liked it just as much. I wish you could stay the rest of the day, but I have a few work related things that need to be done.”

 

         “You don’t have to be sorry, I understand.” There’s a pause before Krystal leans closer to Jessica, slowly minimizing the space between them.

 

         Jessica knows exactly what’s coming next, and she does her best not to freeze up.

 

         “I can’t let Krystal take the lead every time… It’s clear she’s nervous,too.” Jessica thinks. It’s obvious Krystal is a little afraid to follow through with the kiss. Though she is leaning close, it’s not quite close enough, and her eyes are looking at Jessica with a mixture of fear and anticipation.

 

          Jessica forces her body to move; lifting her hand up to Krystal’s cheek. She gives Krystal a warm smile, that’s immediately mirrored back, and then closes the distance between them. Their lips meet softly while Jessica’s thumb swirls a gentle circle on Krystal’s cheek.

 

          The kiss is lingering, and lasts for a good five seconds before Jessica pulls away. Krystal looks back at her with a dopey grin, “I’ll talk to you sometime this week?”

 

           Jessica smiles, “Of course.”

 

          Still grinning Krystal gets out of the car and waves to Jessica before walking into Tiffany’s home.

 

          As she drives away Jessica can’t stop the fluttery feeling in her stomach. It’s not just Krystal, it’s the thought of what they could be in the future, and all the things that possibly await them.

 

          “If just spending a weekend together while we’re still getting to know each other is this amazing… God, I can’t even imagine how great the next months, or even years with her are going to be.” Jessica thinks. Part of her feels like she might be getting ahead of herself, but at the same time it feels right. Being with Krystal just feels natural.




 

          On Monday Jessica finds herself in a meeting. It’s the typical setup for her; sitting at the head of an oval table with eight other people surrounding it, while another person stands at the front of the room explaining their proposal. Right now that person is one of the newer members for Jessica’s marketing department, a girl that goes by the name Irene.

 

          Jessica’s liking what she’s hearing from this girl so far. In fact, she’s more than a little impressed. Especially considering that this is Irene’s first proposal and she’s obviously nervous, but still keeping her composer quite well.

 

         Professionally, Jessica continually glances at the handout Irene had given her which summarizes her presentation. Every now and again Jessica writes notes off to the side, making sure to write down the major points of the ongoing discussion between Irene, and the other eight people sitting at the oval table.

 

          For the first time since the meeting began Jessica herself speaks to Irene, “I’m impressed. This sounds great on a local level, but, remember, we’re trying to focus more on international expansion. How does your team plan on going about that?” Jessica asks in her typical, professional and mildly intimidating voice.

 

          For a split second Irene’s calm exterior breaks, and Jessica see’s her look around nervously for a moment before her cool composure returns, “I would have to go over it with my team more, but I’m sure it could be done by-” Irene continues speaking. Launching into a detailed plan.

 

          Jessica jots down most of what she’s saying, however there's a point when Irene starts to ramble. Jessica sighs inwardly, no matter how formal the presenter is, there always seems to be some type of rambling.

 

          Discreetly, Jessica does what she always does in moments like this; she stares out of the windows. Namely the wall to her right which is made completely of glass. There’s no spectacular view, in fact it just shows the hallway beside the office. But it’s a fairly busy hallway, and watching her employees walk by is more engaging than what Irene is currently talking about. Which is now something completely off topic.

 

         To not be too suspicious, Jessica focuses her attention on the glass wall directly beside Irene. She sees mostly familiar faces, many of which are carrying food containers. “Lunch time already?”, Jessica thinks as she glances at the clock. Suddenly feeling hungry Jessica ignores her stomach and turns her attention back to the glass.

 

         Jessica’s heart pounds hard when she see’s a too familiar employee round the corner and begin walking along the glass wall: Krystal accompanied by another model.

 

          Krystal’s eyes meet Jessica’s immediately, and Krystal smiles. Jessica can’t help the grin that forms on her own lips. She watches the younger girl walk down the hall until it’s obvious that she’s no longer paying attention to Irene. Once Krystal is out of sight Jessica forces herself to focus back to the woman who seems to have gotten on track again.

 

          Jessica wonders only for a moment if Irene’s getting to the point only because she noticed Jessica was spacing out. That thought is pushed away soon after it appears; it doesn’t really matter.

 

           Feeling suddenly cheerful Jessica nods to Irene, “I’m liking what I’m hearing. If you would, I’d like to meet with you again in a week. See what your team can come up with for that international plan.”

 

          Irene smiles widely, “Yes, Miss. Jung.”

 

          Jessica smiles back before standing, “Alright everyone. Same time, same day, next week.” With that the meeting is dismissed.




 

          Just as Jessica is getting ready to put on her pajamas for the night she hears her phone vibrate. She lies back down in bed when she sees that it’s a message from Krystal.


 

          “Would it be alright if I called you? It’s nothing important, I just want to talk :)”


 

          With a smile on her lips Jessica replies back giving Krystal the go ahead and in seconds her phone rings.

 

          Jessica answers it quickly, “Well hi there,” She says in a cheery voice.

 

          Krystal chuckles, “Hi. How did your meeting go?”

 

           “Pretty well. I saw you were walking to lunch with someone. Have you been getting along with everyone?”

 

          “Mhm. For the most part.”, Krystal pauses to laugh, “You wouldn’t believe how many of your employees are crushing on you.”

 

          “Really? It can’t be that many.”

 

          “Oh? Just your whole modeling department. Not just the models, but makeup artists, photographers, everyone. Even the straight girls called you ‘total girlcrush material’.”

 

          Jessica laughs, “I’m sure that’s an exaggeration. How did this conversation come about anyway?”

 

          “I said I’d met you in person. Don’t worry, I didn’t give away any details. But just saying I had talked to you was enough to make everyone go crazy.” There’s a pause as both girls laugh before Krystal continues talking, “You really should pay the modeling department a visit sometime.”

 

           “I just might, if I can find the time. It’s been a little hectic lately.” Jessica says with a sigh.

 

           “How? What’s been going on?”, Krystal asks with concern in her voice.

 

          “We’re working on opening a few international stores. Probably in Hong-Kong, Seoul, and Paris, but nothing is for sure yet. It’s just a little stressful. The possibility of this just being a waste of money and resources is very high.” Though Jessica isn’t used to opening up much, it feels good to say her worries out loud.

 

          “You own an entire company, that’s a lot to deal with. I mean, there has to always be something stressful going on, right?”

 

         Jessica chuckles weakly, “Pretty much.”

 

          “Then this isn’t anything different. You’ve gotten through other things, so you’ll get through this. But still, even though I’m not a business major or anything, I’m thinking you’ll end up doing fine. But while all this is going on I’m here for you. Whenever you need to destress and have spare time I can also come over, or we could go somewhere.” Krystal says sincerely.

 

         Jessica smiles, “Thank you, Krystal.”

 

         Krystal chuckles, “It’s not like spending time with you is a chore or something. Speaking of, I know it’s only Monday now, but do you have anything planned this weekend?”

 

         “I’m not sure yet. I’ll be able to give you an answer on thursday, though. It just depends on how much I can get done this week.”

 

         The pleasant conversation continues until Jessica glances at her clock and sees that it’s well past her usual bedtime.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Happy Valentine's day everyone! Just a short update for now, but there will be more next week :)

Thanks so much for all the subs and feedback! it's much appreciated.