Girl Problems

Constellate

    Upon landing back in New York, Jessica drops her luggage off at her penthouse before going straight to Taeyeon’s apartment. Though she has plenty of work to sort through, she needs to do something, anything, to get Krystal out of her system.

 

    The few days she had spent with her family had been messy to say the least. Of course she was glad to see her parents, but having Krystal there complicated things. At first she had been happily surprised by how smoothly everything was going between them. Sure, not touching Krystal in the way that she was used to was a bit difficult, but it was something she could tolerate. They were finally getting to spend time together; that was enough for her. But then Krystal had to barge into the bathroom and reignite all the flames Jessica had been trying so hard to douse.

 

    She wishes she could be angry at Krystal for it, but she can’t. Even if she takes her own love and lust out of the equation. It doesn’t take much to see how lost and confused Krystal is. Evidently, she’s struggling much more than Jessica had given her credit for. To put it simply; Krystal seems like she’s a wreck.

 

    Against Jessica’s better judgement, she had shared one last night of passion with her sister. She can’t exactly say that she regrets it, but having fresh memories of hours spent making love isn’t in any way helping her get over what they once had together.

 

    She also has a nagging urge to vent about what happened. Normally she’d go to Tiffany to help work out her problems, but bringing up what happened with Krystal is out of the question. Tiffany seems to be on board with her and Krystal forgetting about the past and just acting as sisters. Knowing how protective Tiffany is, her reaction would only be negative.

 

    Taeyeon on the other hand… well Jessica still doesn’t know if she’ll be able to tell her the whole story. But maybe she could vent without bringing up the more taboo aspects. They had gotten much closer over the last month; opening up to each other, talking more, sometimes even having small dates.

 

    Jessica knocks on Taeyeon’s door and is almost immediately greeted by a woman wearing a wide grin.

 

    “You’re back!”, Taeyeon says as she wraps her arms around Jessica.

 

    Jessica chuckles, “I am. I told you I’d be back today.”

 

    “But you didn’t message me or anything. I wasn’t sure if you were in town yet.”

 

    “Maybe I wanted to surprise you.”, Jessica breaks their embrace and walks passed Taeyeon, to her couch.

 

    “So, how was the visit?”, Taeyeon asks after she takes a seat beside the other woman.

 

    Jessica chuckles ruefully. She wants to talk about it, but not yet.

 

    “I’ll bore you with all the details later. For now, I have something else in mind.”, Without waiting for a response, Jessica leans forward and makes their lips meet.

 

    As they kiss Jessica is reminded of just how different Taeyeon and Krystal are. Krystal’s kisses are nearly always soft; even in her rougher moments she still manages to maintain a unique gentleness. Taeyeon however is nearly always fierce. She teases and bites in a way that causes more pleasure than pain.

 

    Only a minute into their kiss, Jessica finds herself quickly stripped of her shirt. She’s about to go back in for Taeyeon’s lips, when she’s stopped by a voice filled with confused anger.

 

    “What’s that?”

 

    Jessica knows what she’s talking about without even looking. Krystal had left a noticeable purple spot just below her collar bone. She can’t believe that she completely forgot about it until now.

 

    Knowing that there’s no point in lying, she answers truthfully, “A hickey.”

 

    Taeyeon’s brow furrows, “And it sure as hell isn’t from me. So who is it from?”

 

    Suddenly Jessica’s filled with anxiety; it’s not like she can flat out say that it’s from her sister.

 

    “Why’s that any of your business?”, Jessica counters. She doesn’t want to fight, but it seems like that might be her only way out of this.

 

    Taeyeon is silent as she stares the other woman down. The fiery look in her eyes tells Jessica that she should already know the answer to her own question.

 

    “We aren’t a couple, Tae. I’m allowed to be with other people.”, She says calmly.

 

    Unexpectedly Taeyeon’s frown turns into a full on sneer, “I want you to leave.” She says through clenched teeth.

 

    Jessica is at an utter loss. Sure, she might have expected Taeyeon to be a little jealous, but she definitely didn’t foresee this happening.

 

    “Tae…”, She says quietly in an attempt to calm her down.

 

    Suddenly, Jessica’s shirt is thrown at her face forcefully, “Get dressed and get the hell out!”

 

    Taeyeon’s sheer rage makes Jessica quickly slip her shirt back on and walk to the door. She hesitates; is there anything she can say or do to fix this situation?

 

    “Go!”, Taeyeon yells.

 

    Jessica complies this time, she walks out of Taeyeon’s apartment and shuts the door behind herself.




 

    Jessica heaves out a long sigh. She’s managed to keep her mind occupied for most of the day, but every time there’s a lull in her work her mind wanders to either Taeyeon or Krystal.

 

    Krystal shouldn’t be an issue. They’d agreed to truly put an end to anything romantic and Jessica had accepted that. However, she wonders if Krystal herself has. Her little sister hasn’t texted her even once since she left California. She’s hoping against hope that this isn’t going to be another silent period. Even if it’s only as sisters, Jessica feels significantly better when they’re on speaking turns.

 

    Then there’s Taeyeon. While it’s true that they aren’t a couple, they are definitely passed just being casual partners. They spent every weekend together, they had finally started talking more deeply. Jessica supposes that she didn’t realize how much Taeyeon actually cares about her. However, now that she thinks about it, it should have been obvious.

 

    From the moment they had first met, she knew Taeyeon was a hard case. Quiet, mysterious, and clearly in emotional pain. Pain that she would never reveal the cause of. But over the last month, Taeyeon had finally began to open up. She told Jessica a little about her past, they ventured out to places other than Taeyeon’s apartment, and she had actually started to seem happy.

 

    Maybe that wouldn’t have been a big deal if it was anyone else. But with Taeyeon, Jessica realizes, her opening up like that is something akin to a miracle. Taeyeon had trusted her in a way that she probably hasn’t trusted anyone else in a long time.

 

    Jessica silently decides that she owes Taeyeon an explanation. She writes her a quick text asking if they can meet up and talk things over.

 

    Only feeling partially relieved, Jessica forces herself to focus on her work.




 

    After a miserable week of not hearing from either Krystal or Taeyeon, Jessica feels awful. She had messaged them both only to receive nothing in return.

 

    Though it pains her, she can understand and deal with Krystal not responding. Even if she’s struggling and confused, at least Jessica knows that she’s physically well. She’s at their parents home in a completely safe environment.

 

    Taeyeon on the other hand… Jessica can’t be sure that she’s safe. Her destructive habits can’t be mixing well with her anger and sadness. Jessica had visited her apartment three times in the past week and every time there was no answer.

 

    Tonight, Jessica’s determined to find and talk to Taeyeon, even if it means tracking her down.




 

    The glances that are being thrown her way make Jessica’s skin crawl. Taeyeon hadn’t been at their usual bar, so she’d decided to go to a different one that she’s heard Taeyeon mention before. The place is so dark, grimy, and smelly that it makes Jessica’s stomach turn. She always saw Taeyeon as tougher than her innocent face and petite figure makes her seem. But she never could have imagined her hanging out at a place like this.

 

    “You lost, babe?”, The gruff voice is coming from a muscular man in oil stained clothes that towers over her.

 

    Even though she feels like getting as far away from him as possible, Jessica disguises her fear with confidence. “I’m looking of someone.”

 

    “Oh? And do I fit the bill?”, He asks with a smarmy smirk.

 

    Jessica chuckles, “Not even close. She’s a short girl, in her late twenties, blonde hair, thin, cute, goes by Taeyeon.”

 

    The man’s smile disappears, “I was wondering when someone would show up to scrape her off the floor. Follow me.”

 

    Unease fills Jessica’s stomach, but she does as asked. However she also tries to recall every self defense tactic she’s ever learned. Just in case.

 

    “Here.”, He says as he opens a door and turns on the light. Sure enough, there Taeyeon is; passed out on the grimy cement floor of a utility closet.

 

    “What happened?”, Jessica asks; crouching down beside Taeyeon.

 

    “She’s been here every afternoon and night for a week now. Think she only leaves to go to work. She’s caused plenty of trouble. For a little thing, she seems to love starting fights. This time around she really got her beat.”, He explains.

 

    Jessica looks her over; her clothes are rumpled and dirty, she has a huge bruise on the side of her face, and a trail of dried blood going from to her chin.

 

    “She’s alright.”, The man continues, “Roughed up, but nothing permanent.”

 

    Jessica feels like crying. Had Taeyeon really done all this just because of her?

 

    No matter the reason, Jessica knows that she has to get her home.

 

    “Give me a second to call a friend, and then we’ll both be out of here.”

 

    The man nods and exits the room.




 

    “Do you need anything else?”, Tiffany asks; slightly out of breath from helping carry Taeyeon.

 

    “I don’t think so. Thanks for helping me get her here.”

 

    “It’s no problem.”, She’s quiet for a moment before continuing, “When you talked about this girl, I always pictured her being more…” She trails off.

 

    “More what?”

 

    “More… put together I guess. I know you said she wasn’t exactly wealthy, but her apartment looks like it’s falling apart. And judging by the fact that we had to carry her out of the grungiest bar in town unconscious… I really don’t think she’s the best thing for you.”

 

    Jessica scoffs, “You have to be kidding me. You’re really judging who I’m interested in?”

 

    Tiffany sighs, “I just don’t think it’s healthy, Jess. I’m not saying this because she’s not filthy rich or something. I’m saying it because it seems like she has some serious problems. Like, she really spent all week at a sleazy bar just because she saw a hickey on you? And you guys aren’t even dating!”

 

    “There’s more to it than that, Tiffany.”, Jessica says. Part of her thinks she might have a point. Taeyeon’s explosion of anger had been a little out of proportion. It especially didn’t bode well that she flat out refused to talk things through.

 

    “I’m just saying that she’s not what you need in your life right now. You’re a CEO, Jessica. You have responsibilities and an image to uphold. You can’t be running around to sleazy bars to pick up your blackout wasted girlfriend.”

 

    Jessica can feel her anger building, but she really wants to avoid blowing up on Tiffany. It seems like she’s one of the few people that actually still wants to be around her.

 

    “We’ll talk about this later, alright? I need to take care of Taeyeon.”, Jessica says simply.

 

    “Alright. But think about what I said.”, Tiffany says before she walks out of the apartment.

 

    Jessica closes her eyes and takes in a cleansing breath. Tiffany has a point, but it’s something she’ll have to think about later.

 

    For now, Jessica gets a wet washcloth and cleans the blood off of Taeyeon’s face.




 

    “Jessica?”, A weak and groggy voice asks.

 

    The sound wakes Jessica up from her light sleep. She turns to see Taeyeon sitting up with a pissed expression slowly but surely forming on her features.

 

    “I found you passed out at a bar and brought you home. As a thank you, you should let me explain myself.”

 

    “I’ve been ignoring you for a reason. I’m not interested in what you have to say. I cared about you, trusted you, and you sleep around like I’m nothing to you.”, Taeyeon’s hoarse voice won’t allow her to yell, but Jessica knows that’s exactly what she wants to do.

 

    Jessica meets her eyes, “You mean a lot to me, Taeyeon. And the only time I’ve slept with someone else since I’ve known you was once while I was in California.”

 

    Taeyeon scoffs, “It still seems like cheating. With how we’ve been acting, I thought we were already dating. I didn’t think it was something that had to be asked. Evidently I was wrong.”

 

    “Just let me tell you the whole story. Once you’ve heard it there’s a good chance you’ll never want to talk to me again, but for an entirely different reason than me sleeping with someone else. But you should know the truth. It’s an important part of my life.”

 

    Hesitantly, Taeyeon nods.

 

    Despite not knowing if Taeyeon will abandon her after hearing the full story, Jessica explains, “Before I met you, I was in a year long relationship, and it ended badly. I’ve told you that much before. What I haven’t told you is that the relationship was with my sister.”

 

    Taeyeon’s eyes widen and she’s about to say something, but Jessica cuts her off before she can even begin.

 

    “We didn’t know we were sisters at the time. We met through my best friend Tiffany, who is also Krystal’s sister from her adoptive family. While we were dating, Krystal went out looking for her paternal parents, and that’s how we found out about our relation. After that things were a mess. She moved out of my place to move in with our parents, then didn’t talk to me for three months. I was heartbroken, I still am, but I thought I could accept us just being sisters. My trip to California was the first time I’ve seen her since then, and we… well you know. There’s still a lot of mixed up feelings between us.”

 

    Taeyeon is silent for what seems like minutes, and it’s starting to worry Jessica. Finally she mutters, “And that’s where the hickey came from?”

 

    “Yes. It came from my sister. I didn’t really want to go into detail like this, but I also don’t want you to hate me. I really value what we have, but when Krystal kissed me and asked if we could be together one final time, I agreed.”

 

    Taeyeon laughs humorlessly, “Well, that wasn’t the explanation I was expecting, that’s for sure.”

 

    “I understand if you don’t want to talk to me after this. But I thought you should know that I wasn’t just sleeping with random people left and right. The circumstances were extenuating, and it’s not going to happen again if you let me stay around.”

 

    “Well it’s definitely… different. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like that happening before. But… you still care about her?”, Taeyeon asks, her previous anger seemingly gone.

 

    “Yeah. It’s hard for me not to. I mean, our relationship was perfect until we found out. The breakup was so sudden, and our feelings for each other were so intense… Making those feelings instantly disappear wasn’t going to happen.”

 

    “But you’re done with her now? After your final hookup I mean?”

 

    Jessica chuckles, “I can’t really be done with her, she’s my sister. But, I’m pretty sure our romantic relationship is over with.”

 

    Taeyeon looks at her suspiciously, “Pretty sure, but not positive?”

 

    Jessica lets out a deep sigh, “I care about her, Tae. If it was up to me we’d still be dating, it’d just be in secret. She’s the one that insisted we completely end everything romantic and ual between us.”

 

    “But you said she’s the one who kissed you first when you were in California.”, Taeyeon says questioningly.

 

    “She’s struggling. More than I am, even though she’s the one so set on us being sisters. I think… I think I have a better handle on my ual feelings than she does. I think it’s easier for me to just be happy to have her in my life, while she can’t have me in her’s without having a constant mental battle with herself.” Jessica pauses before adding, “She hasn’t messaged me or anything since I got back to New York.”

 

    Unexpectedly, Taeyeon pulls Jessica close to herself and leans against her, “My head was already pounding before, but now it’s even worse. Trying to process all of that hurts my brain. But, I don’t think I can stay mad at you. That seems really tough. Besides, like you said, we aren’t a couple.”

 

    “We could be.”, The words leave Jessica’s mouth of their own volition, but once they’re out, she doesn’t regret it. No matter what is happening with Krystal, or what Tiffany says, she does genuinely care about Taeyeon.

 

    Taeyeon chuckles, “After all that, after admitting that you still care about your sister, you’re asking me to be your girlfriend?”

 

    “...Yeah.”, Jessica replies timidly. Had it been a bad idea to ask? Afterall, Taeyeon’s right, she had literally just admitted that she isn’t over Krystal.

 

    Once again Taeyeon laughs, “You’re bold, Jung. But, my answer is yes. As long as nothing else happens between you two, and if anything does, I expect you to tell me.”

 

    A wide grin forms on Jessica’s lips before she leans in and gives Taeyeon a lingering kiss.

 

    “Gross.”, Jessica says when she pulls away.

 

    “I’m gross?”, Taeyeon asks with a smile.

 

    “Really gross. You smell and taste like that scuzzy bar.”

 

    Taeyeon rolls her eyes, “I suppose I could use some toothpaste and a shower. Are you staying tonight?”

 

    “Of course. We still have to celebrate our first night as girlfriends, don’t we?”

 

    A knowing grin spreads across Taeyeon’s face, “That we do. Give me a few minutes and I’ll be back.”

 

    “Better make it longer. It’s going to take a lot to scrub that icky bar smell off of you.”

 

    Taeyeon gives her an annoyed glance before disappearing into the bathroom.

 

    With a happy sigh, Jessica lies down on the couch. She’s happy, but there’s also a little voice in the back of her head telling her that she’s made a mistake. What if Krystal decides that they can date again? What if she’s just using Taeyeon to push away her feelings for Krystal?

 

    It’s all too much to think about. For now, she just decides to be happy with the fact that Taeyeon forgave her, and seems to understand her issues with Krystal.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: I know, I know, what's such a taengsic heavy chapter doing in a jungcest fic? Bear with me, it's important for plot.

This fast update is me making up for when I don't post anything for months at a time. Thanks for all the support!