One Last

Constellate

    Krystal is trying her damnedest to focus on her parents instead of her sister. She’s been doing the exact same thing ever since the incident in the bathroom. For nearly the whole day she has avoided being in any room alone with Jessica.

 

    Krystal can’t say she’s exactly angry at her older sister for accepting her kiss rather than pushing her away. After all, Jessica had made it clear that she was keeping up the big sister act for Krystal’s sake. She knew that Jessica wouldn’t resist that kiss. No, she only has herself to blame for this mess.

 

    She doesn’t want to hurt Jessica. In fact, that’s the last thing she wants to do. However, her emotions are too wild and turbulent. Sorting through her feelings in a silent and orderly manner seems nearly impossible.

 

    “Well, girls, I think I’m going to head to bed. I’ll see you all in the morning.”, Their father says as he stands. Their mother follows suit; both of them saying their “I love you”s before exiting the living room.

 

    “You ready for bed, too?”, Jessica asks.

 

    For the first time since this morning, Krystal looks Jessica straight in the eyes; she’s gorgeous. Even more so than she had been earlier the same day. Krystal can’t be sure, but she thinks it’s the faint smile on her lips. It’s completely genuine. Until now, she hadn’t even realized just how hollow and fake her sister’s smiles had been.

 

    Rather than making her happy, that knowledge breaks Krystal’s heart. She’s going to have to strip that genuine happiness from Jessica’s face soon.

 

    After a considerable pause, Krystal nods.


 

    Krystal sits nervously on the edge of her bed, waiting for Jessica to get out of the shower. She’s not looking forward to breaking Jessica’s heart again, but it has to be done. They can’t just pick up their relationship where they left off.

 

    Despite how determined she is for them to be sisters, and only sisters, Krystal aches. This morning had felt amazing. For the first time in a long time, hadn't felt like it was just a solution to meet her physical needs. Even if it was rushed, and cut short, it had given a depth to her physical pleasure that she had almost forgotten about.

 

    Beyond that, Jessica clearly still loves her. And though she hadn’t said it aloud, Krystal recipercates that feeling as strongly as ever.

 

    The sound of Jessica’s phone vibrating pulls Krystal back into reality. She glances at the screen to see a text from a name she doesn’t recognise.

 

    “Taeyeon…”, Krystal whispers as she picks up the phone. The screen says a picture was sent, but without opening up the text chain there’s no way of seeing it.

 

    Almost instinctively, she unlocks Jessica’s phone and goes to their messages.

 

    As soon as she sees the picture Krystal looks away. She doesn’t know what she was expecting to see, but it definitely wasn’t a mostly woman.

 

    After taking a moment to compose herself, Krystal turns her attention back to the message thread. goes dry as she realizes what the relationship between Jessica and this woman must be.

 

    Jessica had sent her a picture of her in her bikini this morning, and after that there were five unanswered messages from this woman named Taeyeon. None of which are the compliments or opinions on fashion that one could expect from someone who is strictly a friend.

 

    A little reluctantly, Krystal looks at the photo Taeyeon had just sent. She’s not just pretty, she looks nearly perfect. Her face is one she could easily see pairing well with Jessica’s. A show stopping couple if ever there was one.

 

    With shaky hands, Krystal sets the phone back where she found it. The cruel part of her brain thinks she deserves to read more and continue suffering for her feelings towards her sister, but she heard the shower turn off. She’s going to have to break Jessica’s heart all over again, the last thing she needs is for Jessica to also be pissed about her rifling through her text history.

 

    “I was hoping you’d still be up.”, Is the first thing Jessica says when she enters the room.

 

    Krystal's lips part in awe at the sight of her sister in a thin white tank top and underwear. It's far from the sweats and baggy shirts she'd been wearing to bed these passed few nights.

 

    “We have some unfinished business”, Jessica teases as she locks the bedroom door behind herself.

 

    Like this morning, Krystal's logic disappears. Her eyes take in the sight in front of her; a fair amount of blood leaving her brain as she does.

 

    Regardless, she takes in a calming breath and speaks, “Jessica, we need to talk about what happened.”

 

    Jessica’s teasing grin quickly drops; she closes her eyes for a moment and clenches her fists. It’s an obvious attempt to stop herself from crying, and the sight causes a sharp stab of pain in Krystal's heart.

 

    Once Jessica opens her eyes again she sits down a few feet away from Krystal, “It was a spur of the moment thing, right? Something you did without thinking and now you regret it?”

 

    Jessica’s deduction catches her off guard, so much so that it takes a second for her to respond, “Ye-yeah. Something like that.”

 

    “I knew something had to be up. You’ve barely looked at me since this morning.” Jessica sighs and puts her face in her hands for a moment before looking back up, “You can’t do things like that and then say it was a mistake. It’s not that hard to control yourself.”

 

    Krystal stares at the floor; she feels far too guilty to meet her sister’s eyes. Jessica is trying to speak calmly, but she can hear the undeniable waver in her voice. Of course, it’s all Krystal’s fault.

 

    Jessica is right, she should have kept her hormones under control. It’s something that would be significantly easier if her feelings for Jessica weren’t constantly battling with her morality. She feels absolutely disgusted by what she did this morning, and she’ll never be able to forgive herself for it. However, at the same time she loved every second of it. It was so freeing to not have to obsessively think of boundaries and what is or isn’t appropriate.

 

    “You know I care about you.”, Jessica continues, “You know I’d much rather us be dating in secret then trying to push away all those feelings. But I respected your decision. I came here nervous but glad to be spending time with you again. I wish I could say that I’m happy you breached the boundaries you set, but I’m not.”

 

    “Isn’t it what you wanted?”, Krystal asks quietly.

 

    Jessica heaves out a heavy sigh, “No. It’s not what I wanted, not like this. I’d have much rather used my time here to solely be your sister. It’s a tough transition, but it’s one I know I can go through. Assuming you don’t keep changing your mind. I get that you’re confused, but that doesn’t mean you can toy with my love for you like this.”

 

    Krystal is rendered speechless. She had hurt Jessica, again. And she’d hurt her badly. She can tell that her sister is trying to be reasonable. She’s trying to calm herself down by justifying her younger sister’s actions aloud, but Krystal can see passed that facade. Jessica is hurt and confused and it’s all Krystal’s fault.

 

    Despite everything that’s happened today, Krystal takes Jessica into her arms, and Jessica accepts the embrace without question. For minutes they silently hold each other, and the tears Krystal had expected from her sister never come. Jessica’s breathing is a little jagged, but she’s definitely holding herself together.

 

    “I’m sorry.”, Krystal says to break the silence.

 

    Jessica pulls herself out of the hug and nods; her neutral poker face in place.

 

    “You don’t have to apologize. Like I said, I can see that you’re struggling with this whole thing. Just don’t do anything like that again. Not unless you’re absolutely positive it’s what you want.”

 

    Krystal nods; she feels like garbage. Even though she broke Jessica's heart for the second time, she's still being so forgiving. Krystal's heart swells with pure and innocent love. Though as her eyes roam over Jessica's barely clothed body, the pit stomach flutters with something much less innocent.

 

    She clenches her teeth and curses herself inwardly. Why is she like this? They had literally just had a discussion about this exact thing.

 

    A thought comes to Krystal's mind. It's something that causes her already mixed emotions to whirl out of control. However, it's still an undeniably appealing idea.

 

    “Jessica?”, Krystal asks shyly, finally meeting her sister's eyes.

 

    “Yeah?”

 

    “Maybe we could… finish what we started this morning. It’ll be our last time together. I don't want to think of our final time as a rushed and sloppy tryst in our parent's bathroom. It should… It should have more substance and meaning to it than that.”

 

    Jessica chuckles, “You're serious? If it wasn't for you, our last time would have been back in Hawaii. Making love as the sun went down… window open and letting in a warm breeze… Completely oblivious of the fact that we're sisters.” She trails off before sighing, “Are you really sure that’s what you want?”

 

    Krystal shrugs, “Of course I want it. It’s just a matter of if we should. It’s hard to gauge how I’ll feel afterwards.”

 

    A faint smile graces Jessica’s lips, “I can tell you now that it’ll probably make you feel awful. Having with your sister while fully knowing that I’m your sister. Since you’ve found out about us you’ve been so set on your black and white morals.”

 

    Jessica gets up from the bed to stand in front of her sister; reminding Krystal that she’s wearing close to nothing.

 

    “If it counts for anything, I’d like for us to make love one final time. If only so that our haphazard meeting in the bathroom isn’t our last. I want it to be something memorable and special.”, Jessica gives her a dreamy smile, “But, I don’t want my opinion to pressure you. I only want this if you truly do, too.”

 

    Krystal swallows back the knot in . Though she knows there’s a good possibility that she’ll regret it later, she nods.

 

    “One last time.”, Krystal whispers as she tugs Jessica onto her lap.

 

    Jessica places a soft kiss on the younger girl’s lips that leaves her reeling. However, there’s one last thing she has to say before she lets her lust totally cloud her senses.

 

    “After this, we really do have to just be sisters. I won’t let myself slip up again like I did earlier today.”, Krystal explains.

 

    Though her expression shows barely masked disappointment, Jessica nods, “Of course.”

 

    With that out of the way, Krystal presses their lips together again.




 

    The first thing that enters Krystal’s mind when she wakes up are memories of the night before. It was bittersweet for lack of a better word. Filled with just as much, if not more, passion as their past encounters, but it also felt… askew somehow.

 

    Every time she even remotely let her mind wonder she was reminded of the fact that they really shouldn’t be doing what they were doing. They were in their parents house, forced to be quiet so that their parents wouldn’t hear them.

 

    As she knew she would, Krystal feels guilty, but not regretful. Despite everything, last night had been nearly magical. After denying herself any unsisterly thoughts of Jessica for months, finally giving in felt incredible.

 

    Krystal sighs and cuddles up closer to Jessica; cherishing the sensation of bare skin on bare skin. This will be her last chance to enjoy it. She runs her hand up and down Jessica’s stomach in an attempt to really commit the smoothness of her skin to memory.

 

    The sound of Jessica sighing makes Krystal’s hands pause.

 

    “Don’t stop. That feels nice.”, Jessica mumbles sleepily.

 

    With a smile on her lips, Krystal resumes her motions. She lets her hands wonder a bit more while she kisses the back of Jessica’s neck. She silently decides that the end of their time as lovers will end as soon as they walk out of the room this morning, rather than ending the night before.




 

    “Good morning, honey.”, Krystal hears her father say when she enters the kitchen.

 

    “Morning.”, She responds as she takes a seat at the table. Automatically her eyes are drawn to Jessica whose pouring herself a cup of coffee. It feels strange. Less than half an hour ago they were in bed sharing one last make out session. And here they are now; eating breakfast with their parents.

 

    The situation causes a strange feeling to form in the pit of Krystal’s stomach. Not exactly arousal, but something similar. It’s a dirty feeling. The feeling of sharing a secret with someone while the other people around you are clueless to it. It makes Krystal a unique kind of giddy. When Jessica smiles at her, that feeling only intensifies.

 

    Guilt and shame are still floating around in Krystal’s head, but for now, that giddiness is more prominent. It’s probably because Jessica is holding her stare as she silently drinks her coffee. Maybe it’s her imagination, but Krystal thinks that stare indicates that Jessica is feeling the same thing.

 

    They know something their parents don’t. Last night they had made love right in the same house as them. They had lied together kissing passionately while their parents were making breakfast. All things that Krystal is positive their parents would disown them for. She gets an odd rush from knowing that.

 

    “What time are you leaving today?”, Their mother asks; interrupting the trance that Krystal hadn’t even realized she was in. She averts her gaze from her sister’s and looks at her food instead.

 

    “I’ll have to leave for the airport around five.”, Jessica says simply. Her voice doesn’t betray any of the wild emotions Krystal herself was feeling just a moment ago.

 

    With guilt and shame finally setting in, Krystal has lost her appetite. How could she get so worked up about her parents not knowing the truth about her and Jessica?

 

    To get the topic off of her mind, she starts thinking about her sister leaving. No matter what is happening between them, Krystal doesn’t want Jessica to be so far away again.

 

    “Are you sure you can’t stay for a few more days?”, Their mother asks; saying exactly what’s on Krystal’s mind.

 

    Jessica chuckles, “I’m sorry, I can’t. Hopefully I’ll be able to stay longer next time.”

 

    As the conversation continues, Krystal allows herself to zone out.