Girlfriends

Constellate

        “Jessi? Are you making food?”, Krystal asks sleepily as she walks into the kitchen.

 

        “I am. You can go ahead and sit at the table. I’m almost done.”

 

        With a weak nod Krystal does as told, and Jessica can’t help but grin. Seeing Krystal walking around sluggishly in her groggy state is too cute for words.

 

        In only a couple of minutes, Jessica sits both of their plates on the small table and sits opposite of Krystal, “How did you sleep last night?”

 

        Krystal answers as she picks at her food, “I slept really well. What about you?”

 

        “I slept fine. So you didn’t have any nightmares?”

 

        Krystal shakes her head, “Nope. After that first time, I never do when I’m cuddled up with you.” She says around a mouthful of food.

 

        “Aish. That sounds so corny.”

 

        Krystal laughs, “But it’s the truth. You make me feel safe.”

 

        It’s silent as they eat. It’s only after Jessica returns from taking their dishes to the sink that she speaks, “I’m sorry about last night.”

 

        Krystal smiles, “Sorry? What for? I thought last night was amazing.”

 

        “I mean about getting a little ahead of myself.”

 

        “You don’t have any reason to be sorry. I told you to ease up, and you did. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

        Jessica smiles, “If you say so. Uhm, so What did you want to do today?”

 

         Krystal grins back and shrugs, “I dunno.” She’s silent in thought for a few moments before speaking again, “Would you want to go to that new mall downtown?”

 

        “Yeah sure. We can get dressed and head out in a little bit.”




 

        When and if she should ask Krystal to be her girlfriend has been on Jessica’s mind more and more recently. Is it still too soon? What if Krystal rejects her?

 

        A large part of Jessica knows those thoughts are foolish. Hell, they already act like a couple, and Krystal has made it clear that she cares about Jessica greatly. Still, Jessica can’t help but have doubts.

 

        Even if she ignores all of her apprehension, Jessica still feels uneasy when she thinks of asking Krystal out. How would she do it? Just ask Krystal while they were spending time together? Plan an elaborate and romantic date to set the mood? Maybe even get Krystal a gift to solidify their relationship?

 

        As Jessica looks at the showcase full of expensive jewelry, she’s leaning towards the last option. She can already see the scene in her mind; After dinner tonight she’ll bring out a jewelry box and ask Krystal out in a proposal-esque way.

 

        Jessica frowns. No… no. That really is too much. But what if she asked Krystal out, then if she says yes, she could give Krystal a gift.

 

        The idea seems perfect. A bit romantic, but not too over the top. Plus, Jessica likes the idea of Krystal having a physical representation of her affection to wear wherever she goes.

 

        Now, the only problem is: how is she going to get away from Krystal long enough to buy the jewelry?




 

        As Jessica watches Krystal eat the last bit of her dinner she feels her heart speed up. She had told herself she’d ask Krystal out as soon as they were done eating, but she’s finding herself unable to speak.

 

        “Is something wrong?”, Krystal asks with obvious concern in her voice.

 

        Jessica smiles, “I was just thinking. Uhm… maybe.” Jessica curses herself for sounding so unsure. She clears and begins speaking more confidently, “Listen, you can totally so no. I promise I won’t be mad if you do. But… I mean… I really like you, Krystal, and it seems like the feeling is mutual. So… would you want to be girlfriends? You know, officially?”

 

        Krystal grins widely, “Of course I would!”

 

        Hearing that makes butterflies fill Jessica’s stomach as she grins right back, “I got you something, too.” Quickly she runs to her jacket that’s hanging by the door and pulls out two jewelry boxes. “Do you like gold or silver more?”, Jessica asks as she stands beside Krystal.
 

        “I think gold is prettier.”, With a nod Jessica hands her one of the boxes. When Krystal opens it she gasps: inside is a bracelet. It’s a plain, but pretty delicate golden chain with a heart shaped diamond in the center. “I love it, Jessica!” She leaps up and wraps the older girl in a tight hug.

 

        Jessica chuckles, “I’m glad. I got me one, too. It’s exactly the same but silver instead.”

 

        With a smile Krystal pulls away, “Couple’s bracelets? That’s so cheesy. But in a good way.” Krystal pauses for a moment, “They didn’t cost you a lot, did they?”

 

        Jessica’s smile doesn’t leave her lips, “Don’t worry about it. I can stand to spend some extra money. Besides we’re dating now, that means you’re going to have to get used to me spending money me you.”

 

        Krystal hugs Jessica again, “Thank you.”

 

        “Mhm.”, Jessica hums in response.

 

        Silently, Krystal pulls away some only to once again close the space between them; this time with a kiss.

 

        The kiss is brief but sweet and as Krystal breaks away they both find themselves grinning.




 

        As she sits at her desk Jessica anxiously rubs the diamond on her bracelet between her thumb and index finger. She knows she should probably be doing something that’s actually productive, but her brain is too blurry with worries and doubts.

 

        Just this morning she had signed the necessary paperwork to start setting up a store in Seoul. Thousands of uncertainties about the store’s success or failure won’t stop floating around Jessica’s head.

 

        With a sigh Jessica stands from her desk and grabs her laptop bag. With her mind being too occupied to actually focus on work, she sees no harm in going home early. She knows the change of location won’t ease her mind. But at least she’ll be able to wallow in her doubts while lying in her comfy bed rather than sitting at her desk.



 

        It’s the feeling of something wet on her cheek that wakes Jessica. For a groggy moment she wonders if her ceiling is leaking. However in seconds the feeling becomes much more recognisable, and when Jessica feels familiar lips on her own, she knows her suspicions are correct.

 

        Jessica kisses back before opening​ her eyes and grinning, “Krystal, what are you doing here?”

 

        Krystal smiles back at her, “I was worried about you. I didn’t see you where you usually eat lunch, and you weren’t answering your phone.” She explains as she situates herself under Jessica’s blanket.

 

        Jessica pulls Krystal down; letting the younger girl’s head rest on her chest, “I didn’t mean to worry you. I was just stressed and decided to come home early.”

 

        “Stressed? About opening that shop in Seoul still?”

 

        “Mhhhmm.”, Jessica hums.

 

        “I wish you wouldn’t think about it so much. I’m sure everything is going to be fine.”

 

        Jessica sighs, “It’s hard not to.”

 

        Krystal looks up at her with a soft smile, “The place isn’t even going to be totally set up for at least another month.”

 

        Jessica returns the smile before giving Krystal a light kiss on the lips, “That just means I have to suffer for an extra month.”

 

        “So think of something else. Once everything is set up you’re going to stay in Korea for a little bit, right?”

 

        “For about a week.”, Jessica confirms.

 

        “Look forward to that, then. It’ll be a nice mini vacation.”, Krystal says with a grin.

 

        Jessica chuckles, “It’ll be less of a vacation, and more schmoozing. Interviews, pretentious parties, that stuff. Plus, I’ll be away from you. Seems more like torture than a vacation.”

 

        Krystal gives her a playfully disapproving look, “How do you manage to see the worst in everything?”

 

        “It’s just a talent I guess.”, Jessica looks into Krystal’s eyes intently for a few long seconds before adding, “I wish I could take you with me. Those pretentious parties would be a lot easier to get through with you as my plus one.”

 

        “I don’t exactly have a flourishing reputation in Korea. Them knowing I work for you is one thing. But if you brought me along to an event as your date… Well failure would be pretty much guaranteed” Krystal says drearily.

 

        “I know.”, Jessica says as she rubs Krystal’s back, “But next time I have to go to an upscale party anywhere else, I’m taking you with me.”

 

        Krystal chuckles, “That still might not be a good idea. Rumors spread everywhere, and fast.”

 

        Jessica groans, “I don’t care. I love the idea of having you with me. Both of us in designer dresses, all made up, walking around hand in hand like we own the place. Not to mention the slow dancing and champagne.”

 

        Krystal nuzzles her face into Jessica’s neck, “It sounds nice, but lying in bed with you like this is just as good.”

 

        “It is. But… I don’t know. There’s just something about going to events like that with…”, Jessica stops before she can complete her thought. She was about to say ‘with someone you love’, but those words are a little risky considering that they haven’t exchanged, ‘I love you’s yet.

 

        “With the person you’re dating.”, Jessica continues on, “It feels good to show off your significant other. If I don’t have you with me I’ll just have to bring along some random arm candy and that’s not nearly as special.”

 

        Krystal raises a suspicious eyebrow, “Like who?”

 

        Jessica chuckles, “No one you’d have to worry about. Probably just an investor or one of my consultants. Someone whose relevant to the business.”

 

        Krystal nods before lying her head back down on Jessica’s chest.

 

        It’s peacefully quiet as Jessica plays with Krystal’s hair; letting her mind wander. Pensively, Jessica goes back to the subject of love. She hadn’t stopped to think about if that’s what she really feels for Krystal.

 

        Regardless, Jessica is positive she’s infatuated with her. How Krystal makes her feel, how she’d do almost anything to keep the younger girl happy, and how she wants to spend every second of her free time with Krystal, among other things. Her feelings for Krystal are so euphoric and intense that she can’t help but question if their relationship is just a passing thing. Such strong feelings can’t last; can they?

 

        Jessica knows she’s been in love before, but that felt different from this. Maybe it’s just because her first love and Krystal are two totally different people. Whatever the reason, Jessica thinks it best to wait before her lips utter those three heavily meaningful words to her girlfriend. Afterall, they’ve only been dating for a little over two weeks.

 

        “What are you thinking about?”, Krystal asks, breaking the silence.

 

        “Nothing really. Why?”

 

        Krystal looks up at her with a small smile on her lips, “It must be something. Your heart started beating a little faster.”

 

        Jessica can’t help but smile back, “I was thinking about you.” She says truthfully.

 

        “What about me?”, Krystal asks teasingly as she moves her face closer to Jessica’s.

 

        “I was thinking about how happy I am with you.”

 

        Krystal hums approvingly before closing the space between them with a kiss. It’s only seconds before Krystal turns the light lip lock into a deep tongue kiss. Jessica can’t help but sigh. She feels the younger girl tug on her arm; urging Jessica to lie on her side as Krystal is doing.

 

        Jessica doesn’t need to be told twice. She turns without breaking the contact of their lips, and as soon as she does Krystal melds their bodies together; leaving no space between them. Their legs tangle together, and their hands roam freely over each other.

 

        Even in the midst of their passionate kissing, Jessica can’t help but marvel at how forward Krystal has become. Then again, Jessica supposes that after two weeks of heated sessions like this Krystal knows she doesn’t need to hesitate.

 

        Jessica’s thankful when Krystal’s lips move from her own to her neck; giving her a chance to catch her breath. However, the air is knocked right back out of Jessica when she feels hands on the bare skin of her back. Their makeouts thus far have been filled with plenty of exploration, above the waist at least, but it had all been done with a safe layer of clothing between skin and hands. Though the contact caught her off guard, Jessica’s far from upset about it.

 

        Slightly shaking, Jessica follows suit; sliding her hands up the back of Krystal’s shirt. She’s met with smooth skin that almost feels like silk under her touch. Jessica doesn’t miss the way Krystal’s fingertips pause and dig into her back for a split second before continuing their wandering movements.

 

        As Jessica’s own hands start to explore she can’t help but be amazed at how just this simple contact is making her feel. Her heart is hammering in her chest, her skin feels unbearably hot, and her body is aching for something more.

 

        Teasingly, Jessica lightly runs her nails down Krystal’s back. She reacts much stronger than Jessica thought she would; all at once Krystal digs her own nails into Jessica’s skin, rolls her body against the older girl, and let’s out a moan that is only partially muffled by Jessica’s mouth.

 

        The combination of reactions causes Jessica to shiver, and her body to become completely covered in goosebumps. Suddenly she’s more overwhelmed than ever.

 

        With a final deep kiss Jessica takes her hands out from under Krystal’s shirt and gives her an affectionate squeeze before looking her in the eyes. She’s not surprised to see that Krystal’s cheeks are flushed red, and her expression is lustfully dopey.

 

        Jessica grins as she tucks a stray strand of hair behind Krystal’s ear, “Why don’t I make us something to eat? I mean, if you don’t have anywhere else to be soon,”

 

        Krystal looks at her blankly for a few seconds before responding, “Ye-yeah. Uh, that sounds good.”


        With one last chaste kiss, Jessica gets out of bed. As she walks from the bedroom to the kitchen she keeps asking herself if what she did was right; if stopping before things escalated was the right thing to do. Jessica really doesn’t know. But she takes comfort in the fact that stopping while being unsure is better than continuing on with a hormone clouded brain while being unsure.