An Informal Visit

Constellate

 

    With confident steps Jessica makes her way to the elevator. Once inside she hits the button for the floor where most of the modeling is done. If she said this trip was purely business related, she’d be lying. Of course she checks in on every department every now and then, but this time she’s mostly just interested in seeing Krystal in her element.

 

    Jessica walks out of the elevator and into a large, mostly open room. Though she’s at least 50 yards away, Jessica notices Krystal immediately. She’s standing in front of a set flirtily leaning against a male model.

 

    “Miss. Jung! I wasn’t told that you’d be visiting.”, Sooyoung, the supervisor of the department says as she walks towards Jessica.

 

    Jessica gives her a professional smile, “I’m here informally. I just wanted to pop in and see how everything is going.”

 

    Sooyoung nods, “Of course. I’ll leave you alone then, but if you need anything I’ll be close by.” With that said she walks away.

 

    Without hesitation Jessica walks closer to the shoot, only stopping when she’s a few feet behind the studio lights and cameras that are on Krystal and the man beside her. Krystal doesn’t seem to notice her, but Jessica doesn’t mind. In fact, she’s impressed by how focused Krystal is.

 

    A small smile creeps onto Jessica’s lips as she admires her girlfriend. The sight is actually a little surreal. Krystal’s practiced smirk, and showily sensuous movements are so unlike what Jessica is used to seeing.

 

    Right now, as she looks at Krystal posing for the camera, Jessica’s reminded of her first impression of the younger girl. She had expected Krystal to be confidently haughty, and teasingly sultry. Yet, the girl that had walked into her office was so cute and shy. And as Krystal got to know Jessica she became bubbly and adorably clingy.

 

    Jessica’s heart suddenly flutters with so much affection for her girlfriend that it’s difficult to remain standing still instead of running up Krystal and wrapping her in a tight hug.

 

    “Excuse me, Miss. Jung?”, Jessica hears a smooth male voice say from behind her.

 

    She turns to see a man that is handsome, vaguely familiar, and for some reason shirtless.

 

    “Definitely a model.”, Jessica thinks. His chiseled jaw and defined muscles leave no doubt in her mind.

 

    Jessica offers him a polite smile, “Yes?”

 

    “Sorry if I disturbed you. I just wanted to talk to you since I’ve never really had the chance.” He chuckles, “I’m also really sorry about being topless. I’m about to do a shoot.”

 

    Jessica laughs, “It’s fine. And it’s nice to meet you…?”

 

    “Matthew.”, He says as he holds out his hand for her to shake.

 

    “Nice to meet you, Matthew.” Jessica returns with a smile as she shakes his hand.

    

    “I’m a little surprised to see you here.”, He says casually.

 

    “I usually have a desk full of paperwork, and a packed schedule. I had some free time today. Just thought I’d come by for an informal visit.”

 

    “I’m really glad you did. I’ve been wanting to meet you for awhile.”, He gives her a genuine grin that is undeniably heart melting, “You’re such a beautiful, successful woman. I-”

 

    His speech is cut off by the sound of someone yelling for him.

 

    Jessica smiles at him, “I think that’s your queue to get to your shoot.” On a whim she puts her hand on his bicep lightly, running it down his arm until she reaches the crook of his elbow. “It was nice talking to you.”

 

    “Uhm, uh… yeah. You, too. I hope you’ll come by again, soon.”, He’s says nervously.

 

    Jessica only smiles and gives him a nod. He stares at her with an open mouthed, mystified expression for a few seconds before he walks away in a daze. Even when he’s gone her smile remains. Jessica never gets tired of seeing the effect she can have on people.

 

    She turns her attention back to the shoot where Krystal was, only to see that she’s gone. Jessica looks around in hopes of finding her but sees nothing.

 

    “Miss. Jung…?”, A sweet female voice asks from behind her.

 

    Jessica turns to see a group of three girls, None of which are Krystal.

 

    For over half an hour Jessica continually talks to her employees. She honestly doesn’t mind the conversations, but she was hoping to see more of Krystal.

 

 

    It’s when Jessica’s walking back to the elevator when she hears, “Miss. Jung! Wait!”

 

    Even without turning around she knows it’s the model from earlier, Matthew. Only seconds after she realizes she’s being yelled for, he’s standing in front of her. The proximity is a little too close for her liking; she can smell his lightly applied cologne and feel his breath on her face, but she doesn’t step back for fear of coming off as rude. It’s clear that he rushed to catch her before she left. His tousled hair, and halfway buttoned shirt make it obvious.

 

    “I’m about to go to lunch.” He smiles at her, “There’s a cafe a few blocks away that my friend just opened, if you don’t have any plans… maybe I could take you there?”

 

    Jessica can’t help but return the smile. He really is handsome, and seems sweet. “Sorry, Matthew. I have some other things planned. Thank you, though.” Without saying anything more, she gives him a light pat on the upper arm and walks passed him.

 

 

 

     Jessica’s exiting the meeting room when Tiffany Grabs ahold of her wrist, “Can I talk to you? Alone?” Her grip is tight, and her expression abnormally stern.

 

     Suddenly Jessica’s having nightmare flashbacks to when Tiffany had interrogated her about her intentions with Krystal. However, she can’t think of anything she could have done to upset Tiffany. Regardless, Jessica nods, “Let’s go to my office.”

 

     As soon as the door is closed behind them Tiffany asks, “Have you talked to Krystal today?” Her tone is harsh.

 

     “No. I went down to modeling and saw her, but we didn’t get a chance to talk.”, As she speaks Jessica tries to think of why Tiffany would bring Krystal up, but her mind is drawing a blank.

 

     “Oh, I heard all about your little visit. Flirting with models right in front of your girlfriend.” Tiffany says accusingly.

 

     “What? I didn’t…”, Before she can finish her sentence Jessica's mind goes back to Matthew, “Sure a guy was talking to me and trying to take me to lunch, but I turned him down and I wasn’t flirting back.”

 

    Tiffany crosses her arms and gives Jessica an icy look that almost makes her want to shiver, “Not flirting back? From what I heard you were rubbing his arms and standing super close to him.”

 

    Jessica sighs; trying not to yell, “I touched his arm, yes. You’ve seen me do that before. It’s just a friendly gesture. And he was standing close to me. I didn’t want to back away from him and seem rude.” Jessica pauses for a moment, “Krystal told you all of this?”

 

    “She did.”, Tiffany says simply.

 

    “And she was upset?”, Jessica says softly. Just thinking that she might have hurt Krystal makes her heart ache.

 

    “I ran into her in the hall. She wasn’t crying, but I knew something was definitely bothering her.” Tiffany sighs, “You’re not single anymore, Jess. You need to stop acting like you are.”

 

    Jessica’s silent as she thinks. She wouldn’t consider how she acted towards Matthew flirting. She definitely had no intention of cheating on Krystal with him, that’s for sure. Reluctantly, she admits to herself that she had behaved a certain way to make him flustered.

 

    Finally Jessica speaks, “I guess I shouldn’t have acted how I did. But I really wasn’t interested in him, Tiffany.”

 

    For a few tense seconds Tiffany studies Jessica’s face. Finally she heaves out a deep sigh and drops her stern expression. “I believe you. I know how loyal you are, but I also know how you interact with people. You might not notice it, but sometimes you really do pour on the charm when you shouldn’t.”

 

    “I know… I know. I just… I wasn’t thinking. I was just acting how I usually would, I guess.”

 

    Tiffany gives her a sympathetic smile, “I know that, but Krystal doesn’t. Believe it or not, she’s a little insecure. Since this is her first serious relationship she worries about you leaving her a lot.”

 

    “Really? I… She’s never talked to me about that, and we’ve never really had any disagreements. I thought things were going really well between us.”

 

    “And they probably are.” Tiffany says understandingly, “But like I said, this is her first serious relationship. Don’t you remember how paranoid you were the first time you dated someone?”

 

    Jessica sighs, “I should talk to her.”

 

    “I agree. She might still be upset, though. Give her some time to relax and call her later tonight to talk things out, okay?”

 

    Jessica nods, and with that Tiffany walks out.

 

 

 

 

    “Hey Krystal, you aren’t busy, are you?”, Jessica asks over the phone.

 

    “No, I’m not. Is something wrong?”, Krystal responds. Though Krystal doesn’t exactly sound sad, she’s not talking with her usual excitement.

 

    Jessica chuckles, “I was going to ask you the same thing. I talked to Tiffany earlier today.”

 

    “Oh…”, Krystal says plainly.

 

    “If I made you upset, please tell me. I don’t want to do anything to hurt you… If I did, tell me so I won’t make the same mistake again.”, Jessica says in a voice that’s heavy with sincerity.

 

    “I really wasn’t expecting her to talk to you about it. I just mentioned it to her. And… and I’m sorry if Tiffany blew it out of proportion. It really wasn’t that big of a deal. I saw you turn him down-”

 

    Jessica cuts her off, “But did I upset you?”

 

    Krystal is silent for a second before speaking, “A little bit.”

 

    “Alright. Now we’re getting somewhere. So what didn’t you like about me talking to him? What bothered you?”, Jessica asks gently.

 

    “I dunno.”, Krystal says shyly, “I mean… I guess you were just being friendly but…” She pauses for a second, “Did you really have to, like… feel his muscles?” Her tone isn’t angry, just questioning.

 

    “I didn’t.”, Jessica says truthfully, “And I probably shouldn’t have, but still I want you to know that you don’t have anything to be afraid of.” She stops for a second; trying her best to put her feelings into words, “I can’t explain how much I care about you, Krystal. I think you’re perfect. Your personality, your looks... Just everything about you. But still… if it makes you feel better, I’ll keep my hands to myself.”

 

    “Jessica…”, Krystal says quietly, “I… Thank you. I really care about you, too. And I promise I wasn’t actually angry or anything. I think Tiffany probably exaggerated.”

 

    Jessica chuckles, “She’s scary when she’s set on protecting you from getting hurt.” She pauses before adding, “You know, you can tell me anything, right? Especially when it’s about something I’m doing that you don’t like.”

 

    “Okay…”, The line goes quiet for a moment before Krystal continues, “The same goes for you. You can talk to me about that stuff.”

 

    “I know I can. You should get some sleep now, alright? I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

 

    “Alright. Goodnight, Jessica.”, Krystal says with a cheerful lilt in her voice.

 

    The sound makes Jessica smile, “Goodnight.”

 

 

 

 

     As soon as her assistant tells her the news, Jessica feels an immediate headache coming on.

 

     “What a great way to start the day”, She thinks sarcastically as she shuts her office door behind herself.

 

     With a deep sigh she sinks into her chair; leaning back with closed eyes.

 

     According to her assistant, Jessica was needed in Korea much sooner than expected. Not just a quick visit, no. She would have to stay there for approximately three weeks. Jessica doesn’t like the idea, not in the slightest.

 

     Jessica knows that her second in command, Boa, is more than capable of managing things in New York while she’s gone. Jessica just hates the idea of being away from her head office for so long.

 

     The thought of sending Boa to Korea instead crosses Jessica’s mind momentarily before she dismisses it. Right now, opening this store is the most high-profile thing going on in her company. How unprofessional and lazy would it look to send someone else for something so important instead of going herself?

 

     With another sigh Jessica sits up straight. Looks like most of her day is going to be spent calling her connections overseas in an attempt to weasel her way out of leaving so soon.

 

 

     Jessica practically chugs her coffee; wishing more than anything that it was a strong cocktail instead. However, while at work, the only buzz she can get away with having is one from caffeine, and she’ll take what she can get.

 

     After she’s emptied her styrofoam cup, Jessica calls her assistant asking for another coffee; strong and black.

 

     Her pursuit of an alternative to flying to Korea within the next fews days was futile. Not just that, but she’s pretty sure she pissed off at least a couple of her overseas business partners. Jessica had tried to maintain her manners while talking to them. She started off each call by speaking in her sweetest, gentlest tone of voice. Inevitably she always became too frustrated to keep the act up. Not many, if any at all, of the people she called seemed to respond well to her terse sentences and commanding tone.

 

     This whole situation is made even more frustrating by the fact that Jessica was just starting to feel at ease about expanding her business. The setting up of the actual store is two weeks in and nearly done. Hiring staff for the store and the Seoul office has been a bumpy process, but it was still happening without any major problems. Until today at least.

 

    Jessica supposes she knew this might happen, but she had really hoped all the hiring could be done through her partners overseas, and via call or video chat if they really needed her input.

 

    With a defeated groan Jessica accepts that there’s no way she’ll be able to get out of this trip. She begins looking over her calendar; jotting down the things that she’ll have to cancel, and writing notes for her consultants and Boa on dealings that can be done without her. If she’s going to be gone for awhile she might as well get things in order so she’ll have less to worry about.

 

 

 

 

    Jessica stumbles out of her office feeling physically and emotionally exhausted. She had ended up staying late; so set on preparing for her departure.

 

    While in the elevator Jessica checks her phone only to see many unread messages and missed calls from Krystal. She curses herself silently. Jessica had been so caught up in work that she forgot about her and Krystal’s dinner date. Even if Krystal isn’t pissed and still wants to go, Jessica’s too tired and it’s too late.

 

    Jessica walks into her home to see Krystal fast asleep on her couch. Somehow feeling both giddy about still being able to see Krystal, and scared of how she’ll react to unintentionally being ignored, Jessica walks over to her and kneels beside the couch.

 

    She runs her hand down Krystal’s cheek before giving her a quick kiss on the tip of her nose.

 

    “Krystal?”, Jessica says softly, “Hey, wake up. I’m home.”

 

    The younger girl sleepily opens her eyes, “Jessica? Where were you?” She asks as she sits up.

 

    Jessica sighs as she sits down beside her, “In the office. Things got… things were a mess today. I got some last minute bad news and I was so busy trying to get things sorted out that I forgot about our date. I’m sorry.”

 

    Maybe it’s the sincerely apologetic tone of her voice, or maybe how wore out she looks, Jessica isn’t sure. Either way, Krystal accepts the explanation without turning the situation into a fight.

 

    Krystal takes Jessica’s hand in her own, “I understand. But next time at least try to remember to call me and tell me you can’t make it.”

 

    Jessica smiles, “I’ll try my best.”

 

    “So what happened today?”

 

    Jessica slouches in her seat, “I have to leave for Korea on Monday. I’ll be staying there for at least three weeks.”

 

    Krystal’s eyes widen, “What?! But today’s Friday! And three weeks?!”

 

    “I don’t like it either.”, Jessica says drearily, “But gross surprises like this are just a part of business. I thought I could do all of my hiring and things from here, but I was wrong.”

 

    Krystal wraps Jessica in a tight hug, “I don’t want you to go.” She mumbles against her neck.

 

    Jessica chuckles as she Krystal’s hair, “Trust me, I don’t want to either. But some things are just out of my control. Besides, I won’t be gone forever.”

 

    “Three weeks is such a long time…”

 

    “It might seem that way now, but I’m sure those weeks will go by before we even know it.”, Jessica says it confidently, though she doubts it.

 

    Krystal grumbles, but doesn’t say anything more.

 

    “I need a shower, and then I need to get some sleep. Are you spending the night?”, Jessica feels Krystal nod, “Do you want to spend tomorrow together?” Another nod. Jessica gives the top of Krystal’s head a kiss, “Alright, let me hop in the shower and then we can go to bed.”

 

 

 

 

    Jessica and Krystal walk hand in hand down dimly lit but a still lively sidewalks. What was supposed to be a romantic and peaceful late night stroll to the ice cream shop quickly became a challenge of navigating through crowds. Most of which consisted of people who had had more than a few drinks.

 

    It’s only when they finally reach a quiet, mostly unpopulated street that Jessica speaks,  “How’s your milkshake?”

 

    “Good. And your churro?”

 

    Jessica grins, “A little messy but otherwise good.” To prove her point, she takes a bite and gestures to the cinnamon and sugar that’s now coating her lips.

 

    Krystal giggles, “It’s kind of cute though.”

 

    Jessica snorts, “I don’t see how.”

 

    Suddenly Krystal stops in the middle of the sidewalk before glancing around. In confusion, Jessica does the same.

 

    “Krystal, what’s-”, She doesn’t get to complete her sentence before she feels herself being pushed against the vacant brick building that they were walking beside.

 

     It takes a moment, but Jessica’s brain finally processes that Krystal had shoved her against the wall. She’s looking in confusion at the younger girl’s mischievous grin, about to ask what’s going on, when Krystal’s mouth is on her’s.

 

     The feeling of Krystal’s cold tongue running over her lips, and away the cinnamon and sugar that was once there makes Jessica sigh and her legs go weak. Thoughtlessly, she drops her churro to put both of her hands on Krystal’s hips.

 

     Quickly, this kiss has turned into something undeniably fierce and steamy. Jessica doesn’t know what it is; maybe it’s the sugary vanilla and cinnamon taste of Krystal’s mouth, the oddly exciting coolness of her tongue, built up tension, or something else entirely. Either way, Jessica’s body is burning white hot with sensual need.

 

    With a sound resembling a growl, Jessica changes their positions; forcefully slamming Krystal against the wall. She vaguely registers the sound of Krystal’s milkshake hitting the ground. Soon after, a chilly hand is on the nape of her neck, sliding up to tangle into her hair, while the other slides down her back.

 

    “Uhm… Ladies?”

 

     A deep male voice causes Jessica to jump away; startled and in a daze.

 

    The voice belongs to a tall, burly man in a police uniform.

 

    “I don’t want to ruin your fun or anything,”, He says with a good natured but still uncomfortable smile, “But could you do this somewhere more private? A public street isn’t exactly the best place for… those types of things.”

 

    Feeling more embarrassed than she’s possibly ever felt, Jessica speaks in a wavering voice, “Ye-yeah. Uh… We’re really sorry. Have a good night, officer.”

 

    Jessica grabs Krystal’s hand before walking away as fast as she can without actually running.

 

 

 

 

AN: The next chapter is more than likely going to be a shorter than usual mature rated one. But it'll be totally plot free, so if you're only here for storyline and fluff you'll be able to skip the  without fear of missing anything important :)

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subbing!