025

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hopefully she’s home,” Hoseok said as he led Taehyung and Ara up to the front door of Wendy’s shop.

 

He knocked, and within seconds, the door opened to reveal Wendy, whose eyes lit up with happiness.  She took a second glance at how ragged and haggard Taehyung and Ara looked, and the smile slowly dissipated.  

 

She let them in without hesitation, and helped them settle in the small living room in the back.

 

“I’m sorry for barging in like this,” Hoseok explained.  “I hope you understand.”

 

“It’s quite alright!” she chirped.  “Business has been slow anyways.”

 

She disappeared into the kitchen for a moment and came back with a few cups and a kettle of tea.  She silently poured some tea into each of the cups and smiled as she handed them out. For a moment, Ara was stunned by her blind generosity, until she was brought back down to earth when Hoseok cleared his throat.

 

“I’m sorry, Wendy, but could these two stay here for a while?” the colonel asked.

 

The other nodded.  “Of course!” She smiled at Ara and Taehyung.  “Stay as long as you need to.”

 

“Thank you,” Ara breathed.  

 

“Thanks,” Taehyung murmured as he sipped his tea.

 

Hoseok set his cup down on the small coffee table.  “So, care to tell me what’s going on?”

 

“In short, the South has been compromised,” Ara said.  “They would’ve killed Taehyung just because they could, before I broke him out.  Let’s just say that the officer in question has…different views than me…” She stared at the steaming liquid in her cup.  “This is about my parents and one of their first experimental teams. They established the ROMAN program.”

 

She found herself slowly telling the rest of the story.  The others said nothing and quietly listened, making her feel more at ease.  The words fell from her lips as if it were second nature. They flowed so naturally for such an awful story filled with lies.  

 

When she was finished, Hoseok was silent.

 

“And yet you still saved Taehyung…” he finally said.

 

Ara shrugged.  “What else was I supposed to do?  I couldn’t just let Chanyeol kill him.  Taehyung wasn’t even conscious of what he was doing most of the time.”

 

Hoseok flashed a bitter smile.  “Thanks…for saving my friend…”

 

She returned the gesture with a slow nod.

 

“About a year ago, we received a flash drive of information,” he continued.

 

Ara watched with wide eyes as he pulled a flash drive from his inner coat jacket.  She instantly recognized it, and her blood almost ran cold.

 

“Access the computers.  I’ll cover you.”

 

Namjoon soon had the flash drive of the files and began to destroy the computers with a virus.  Once that was finished, Ara was about to fire another shot when she realized it was her own twin brother.

 

He looked exasperated and tired.  She could tell his heart was pumping hard, as it was making his cheeks rosy and his breaths long and labored.  

 

Jungkook looked uncertain as he faced Namjoon.  “Have you got the file?”

 

Namjoon tossed the flash drive to him.  “Don’t lose it,” he said before running across the square.  

 

“We received this from Operative Pluto, your brother,” Hoseok said, interrupting her memory.  He maneuvered it through his long fingers. “No one has seen the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter