004

JUNO : A BTS Military Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ara woke from a nightmare at 4am the next morning.  Though her muscles were aching, she forced herself to change and go for a light jog around the headquarters.  The sun was barely starting to peek over the growth of trees as she ran, her breath evaporating in the chilly air.  It was a beautiful moment where time seemed to stop, but not for Ara.  Her thoughts seemed to run faster than she could handle, as well as her feet.

 

She came to a stop at a tree and watched the last bit of sun enter the sky, painting it a pink-orange hue.  She tried to smile, though the events from the previous night seemed to haunt her.

 

She never knew Yoongi very well since they were different ranks at the time, but he was the team’s most fierce member -- a founding father, actually.  Though he had his differences with everyone and stood strong next to his own opinions, he had a kind and compassionate side to him, making him almost a good a leader as Namjoon.  He was the very soul of Bangtan.

 

Bulletproof.

 

A scoff made its way out as she strolled along the path, kicking the loose pebbles off the sidewalk.  She always found the name funny.  They’re called bulletproof according to the government, yet one of their members were killed in action.  Supposedly.

 

The memory seemed almost as fresh as it did a year ago.  

 

 

They were on yet another mission as usual.  Though the stakes were high, their spirits were up and hopeful.  Everyone was different at the time: Namjoon was a bit more reckless, Seokjin was just as disorganized, Jungkook was still caught up with studying, and Jimin was happier, especially happy when Yoongi was around.  The two go back a ways, something that Ara would never be able to understand, though at the same time, she did.  After all, the entire group was built on friendship and trust.

 

Namjoon was leading Ara and Jimin through an overgrowth of bushes while watching the truck they’ve been tracking for days.  They came to a stop and got low as the truck pulled up to what looked like a extensive lab.  

 

The captain put a finger to the radio in his ear.  “Bangtan to HQ, we’re stationed at the entrance of the destination and await orders, over.”

 

There was static before a message came in.  “HQ to Bangtan, proceed to light offensive action, orders of Colonel Park.  If you’re outnumbered, a chopper will be at the nearest location.  Coordinates sent, over.”

 

Namjoon’s watch glowed.  “Received.  Thank you, over and out.”  He eyed Ara and Jimin before touching his radio again.  “Jungkook, Yoongi, do you copy, over?”

 

“Waiting at the West side like you said,” Yoongi’s voice came in.  “Too many soldiers here.  We have to find somewhere else to break in, over.”

 

“Try the South.”

 

“On it.”

 

Namjoon glanced at Ara and Jimin.  “Did you tag the truck?”

 

Ara nodded.  

 

“Readings?”

 

She pursed her lips as she brought the information up on her glasses.  “Odd…” she trailed off.  “They’re live readings.  I’m getting lots of carbon-based material.  Either the package is alive, or it’s radioactive.”

 

“Strange…” Namjoon breathed.  “Nevermind that.  All we need to do is steal the top secret program if possible.”

 

The other two nodded before they began to find a way out of the bushes.  Just as they were about to step out, a message crackled on the radio.  

 

“Captain!  Yoongi’s hit!” Jungkook could be heard screaming with panic.  

 

Namjoon stood erect, his finger to his ear.  “Where are you?”

 

“The building in between the West side and the South side.  I’m trying to fend them off.”  The young lieutenant could be heard panting in between shots, which rang in everyone’s ears.  “Send help!  I can’t hold them off much longer!”

 

Before Namjoon could think of what to say, Jimin ran off into the open towards the gate the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter